Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords 40l cool box

Options
  • 10-05-2018 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

any one use one in there camper as a fridge as mine is not that good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

pongo69 wrote: »
    any one use one in there camper as a fridge as mine is not that good

They're rubbish. Peltier coolboxes are terribly inefficient, very little cooling per watt, can barely keep stuff cool let alone cool anything. They can only go 18 degrees below ambient with a single peltier stage (the halfords one is probalbly closer to 16 celcius)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

We use a passive cooler as the main storage and just open around once per day to top up the fridge.

They are not electric etc and will keep ice for 2 - 5 days. Just top up with icre from the supermarket or the freezer in your fridge ;)

Our's is this model but slightly smaller http://www.charlescamping.ie/store/index.php/accessories/cooling/passive-cool-boxes/coleman-xtreme-70qt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

We use an aldi or lidl (smaller one) for extra cold storage in ours (mainly the beers tbh), but we find it works fine especially if the stuff is cold goiing in. We generally plug it in the night before going, so having it pre cooled and the stuff pre cooled...

I've got a weekend out of them/ battery off hook up too, albeit with plugging out at night when ambient temp is cooler and the noise can be a bit irritating.

Advertisement