Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayans MC - US-Pace- FX (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Full trailer out, have to say I like the idea of it following a Prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot Sarah was in this.

And that's where the guy from Lethal Weapon vanished to.

But where's Katey Sagal? :)

Actually looks like it could be decent, but don't know if I can bet bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pilot is out in the wild like a good biker.

Damm this could be very good if they can keep all the story lines going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a hold of the pilot last night, but didn't watch it yet. I'm not sure whether to let it build up or dive straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Really enjoyed the pilot anyone know if there is a UK air date yet my old man liked SOA but hates technology 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Enjoyed the pilot. Odd how in SOA they never used the word Fcuk but this was full of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good start. Hopefully that's all we see of Gemma Tellar. Kurt Sutter had to squeeze her in somewhere I suppose. We will probably get some of her songs too.
    Enjoyed the pilot. Odd how in SOA they never used the word Fcuk but this was full of it.

Seems to be a change in attitude about language over the last few months with the basic cable channels in America. Good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pilot of SOA, I was hooked. Pilot of this, not so much. Some interesting storylines but hasn't gripped me yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ep 2 to be watched tonight :)
    Liked the first one, it's hard to get a new club and list of enemies all in 1 episode so it'll take some getting used to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Couldnt watch this given what Sutter did to the last few seasons of SOA and of course Gemma Teller, who wants to see more of her ffs!?

This looks to be quite different to SOA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Watched ep2 last night. Its shaping up good imo.

Liking this so far. There will be lots of twists I'd say.

Chucky :)

Chucky :)

Yo acepto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Just watched the first episode. So far so Son's redux. Nothing terribly original just a remix of plots we saw in Son's from a slightly different perspective ie. a prospect, not the heir to the throne. Was a dense first episode with the running time hopefully down to having to intruduce the world and the players and not a sign that Sutter has lost the run of himself like in the last season of Son's where every episode was 20 mins longer then it needed to be. I also hope there will be room for some levity down the road like Sons was in the early seasons before it became a bit of a misery fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm finding it fairly boring so far, this season 2 news is bollox. I was hoping Kurt would follow through with his promise of if Mayans did well, they would do a first 9 prequel followed by a grown up Abel in the Sons.

I'm finding the show way too serious. There was a scene
    where they were f*cking with the guy that got shot
    and I enjoyed that, but then back to being too serious again.

Well Linc wasn't the next SoA guest appearance I was expecting and that is a strange one to have.

Well Linc wasn't the next SoA guest appearance I was expecting and that is a strange one to have.

That was a nice little surprise!

I like how the story is unravelling itself now and people's history and current positions are being established.
    We also know that Chucky was won in a card game :)

The show needs more light hearted moments though, I can't imagine an MC being so serious all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That was a nice little surprise!

I like how the story is unravelling itself now and people's history and current positions are being established.
    We also know that Chucky was won in a card game :)

The show needs more light hearted moments though, I can't imagine an MC being so serious all the time.

Yeh that would be my gripe. SOA let the characters have fun in the earlier seasons before putting them through the emotional wringer with successive no win scenarios. This show is continuing where SOA left off in the grimness stakes unfortunately. We got to see Jax go on a journey from from happy go lucky to a man haunted by the decisions he's had to make to protect his family and the MC. Easy's life on the other hands sucks from the very first episode and it's likely to only get worse as the seasons progress.

Yeh that would be my gripe. SOA let the characters have fun in the earlier seasons before putting them through the emotional wringer with successive no win scenarios. This show is continuing where SOA left off in the grimness stakes unfortunately. We got to see Jax go on a journey from from happy go lucky to a man haunted by the decisions he's had to make to protect his family and the MC. Easy's life on the other hands sucks from the very first episode and it's likely to only get worse as the seasons progress.

already he's after getting involved in a split in the charter, been in a gun fight or 2, part of a child abduction, being leaned on by his handler and getting close to Galindo's wife.
    He's also had the president question his VP on what he thinks about him as a prospect and is on Alzarez's radar.

That's alot of sh*t!

The BBC and FX have a new deal in place to for each others shows.

Mayans will appear on the BBC at some stage.

Good ending to this week's episode leading into next week's finale.

It's been a decent season and I've enjoyed it alot.

The BBC and FX have a new deal in place to for each others shows.

Mayans will appear on the BBC at some stage.

Good ending to this week's episode leading into next week's finale.

It's been a decent season and I've enjoyed it alot.

Where did you watch it. Its not up on my usual spot yet

Saw it earlier meself, yarr

• Advertisement

I've gotten more and more into the show now, learned who some of the characters are and trying to figure out what happens next.

Potter is really interesting here, in SOA he was all on the side of the law but manipulating people like Juice and even the sheriff.
    Here he is doing the same, but on the other side of the law. I'm not sure what benefit it is to him to see EZ's handler iced....but he did do a thorough job of searching his office.

I guess there is more to unfold from this, he knows something and Potter is trying to find out what...or at least want's to stop him from releasing it.

There are also some interesting things to tie up such as the father having told the leader of the rebels all that info, and how it's going to blow back on the lads.

Great setup for the finale. I think that Sutter wrote and directed the last one as well.

Advertisement