Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayans MC - US-Pace- FX (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now that's put the cat among the pigeons bringing in that SOA character and having him be that key to what's going on with this Mayans story.

A solid end to a decent season and that ending leaves a lot to be explored next season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Well that came out of left field!
    As soon as he rode in the gate I knew it was him and was delighted.
    Didn't realise it would take such a sharp turn.

Now I need to check out SOA around season 4 or 5 to see what was going on again with him and what Potter was doing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I should also add that I like how that we got loads of questions answered, 1 major cliffhanger and some other new threads started.
    It's going to be interesting what happens with Alvarez now and his vacant position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was struggling to get into but that was a really good ending and huge surprise. Lincoln Potter is a great crazy character, hope he sticks around.

I just don't have any real liking for any of the MC, EZ is a poor character, I know he's supposed to be totally different to Jax Teller but don't think he can carry the lead. Angel is probably the best of the MC. Danny Pino was great in SVU, he;s star of the show here too, plays the cold, calculated and well educated cartel boss brilliantly.

Deserves a 2nd season, look forward to seeing where it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

rob316 wrote: »
    Danny Pino was great in SVU

That's where I know him from. Was bothering me a few weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very poor season, completely forgettable characters, only knew Izzy's name and Mexican Clay. Felt like it was about a cartel fighting rebels with an MC that shows up every now and again. Thought we were gonna get a view on life as a prospect but the whole MC part was very subdued.

Then BAM! Last episode and this is what they season was lacking! I was glued to it all the way through like an episode of SOA. Hope they can bring that momentum into season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

just finished binging season 1, really enjoyed it

As others have written Lincoln Potter is great... but hope they don't overuse him next season... Maybe just have him showing up in S02 finale looking for the favour he is owed.

Also great to see what happened Adama after he finally got off that Battlestar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The BBC and FX have a new deal in place to for each others shows.

Mayans will appear on the BBC at some stage.

Good ending to this week's episode leading into next week's finale.

It's been a decent season and I've enjoyed it alot.
    brian_t wrote: »
    Mayans M.C. starts on BBC Two on Saturday 2nd February at 11.25pm

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

A correction - it starts at 10:40pm with a double bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭robwen

brian_t wrote: »
    A correction - it starts at 10:40pm with a double bill.

Its not showing on my sky TV guide, at 10.45pm - 12.15am on BBC 2 Saturday night "This is BBC Two NI Ghost" is listed?

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »
    Its not showing on my sky TV guide, at 10.45pm - 12.15am on BBC 2 Saturday night "This is BBC Two NI Ghost" is listed?

You might be right.

When I posted the start date originally both TVwise and Geektown were in agreement regarding the Feb 2nd start date.

But I see that geektown has now changed the start date to 09 February 2019 at 10:30 pm.

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/01/bbc-two-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-mayans-mc/

https://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/mayans-mc/

robwen wrote: »

It is on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭robwen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is on mine

Yeah it's showing on mine now aswell, they must have updated from yday

So it is starting this coming Saturday at 10.40pm with a double-bill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06y1pc9/broadcasts/upcoming

Season 2 trailer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

If this means he works on SOA sequel with grown up Abel or a prequel about the first 9, then I'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Didn't think much of the first season but stuck with it so not too pushed on continuing any further. I'll check back later for some reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm about 6 episodes into the new season, much better than last. Its dark more so than SOA, while SOA was centred around gun running this is heavily cartel and drugs themed.

EZ is growing on me, his brother is cool too but I'm just still not taking to the rest of the MC. Danny Pino still stealing the show for me and that Lincoln Potter fella is a great character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I find the whole show is slowly getting centralized on the Galindo Cartel and less about the Mayans. I was big fan of SOA but this is harder and harder to watch by the week.

Sutter is gone completely now from the show after being fired by FX due to a number of complaints collected by Disney HR from writers, producers, cast and crew alleging hostile work environment on the show

https://deadline.com/2019/10/kurt-sutter-exiting-mayans-mc-20th-century-fox-sons-of-anarchy-1202762703/

Sutter is gone completely now from the show after being fired by FX due to a number of complaints collected by Disney HR from writers, producers, cast and crew alleging hostile work environment on the show

https://deadline.com/2019/10/kurt-sutter-exiting-mayans-mc-20th-century-fox-sons-of-anarchy-1202762703/

Interesting stuff, thought he was walking away completely with his season launch announcement, definitely sundering messy going on. Wonder what effect this week have on first 9 or the abel soa sequel.

Nice guest appearance this week.

DEADLINE:
    You made it seem like the new ingredient that soured your long relationship at Fox and FX, and with Dana Walden and John Landgraf, was the influence of new Disney ownership. Was there a specific thing that left you on the outs with Disney?

SUTTER:
    Here’s what I did wrong on the studio network side, the reason why I had to go away. It all started with a joke. And not a very good one. There was a line in the Season 2 premiere. EZ [JD Pardo] and Coco [Richard Cabral] were getting off the bus at the school where the drugs were being processed. There was supposed to be a really gnarly playground out front. Filled with debris, dangerous looking swings, sharp objects, rusty jungle gym, etc. As they exited, Coco sees EZ’s distracted and says: Lighten up Boy Scout, and gesturing to the playground, says, We’re going to Disneyland. EZ replies: Yeah? Guess this is where Walt buried all the Jews he had killed. Coco comments: That’s dark man… And exits.

Although the joke came out of character and in any other environment, would have been typical of my brand of dark humor, I’m not an idiot. I knew it would ring some bells. Whether real or imagined, I was already experiencing the tightening of the noose. It was manifesting in production issues, creating more hurdles, etc. I’ve learned over the years through trial and error – a lot of error – how to push back to protect story from corporate conformity. I discovered that when the restraints are tightening, to acquiesce and cave does not buy you trust and goodwill. It only clears the path for forward momentum. So when dealing with new restrictions often implemented by a change in personnel, it’s best to respond by lobbing a grenade. Yes, it stuns people, challenges their authority, often involves a call from a lawyer. But the result is usually a slowing down of the restrictive thrust. Breathing room. It forces people to really think about the demand they are making and why they are making it. Is it really necessary? It at least stops the most inane notes from reaching my desk.

So when I was informed that the Walt, Jew killing line had to go, I agreed and changed it to…We’re going to Disneyland. And now EZ says, Yeah… if Mickey and Pluto were pedophiles.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/kurt-sutter-fox-deal-ends-walt-disney-joke-got-him-fired-mayans-mc-sons-of-anarchy-1202771522/

Renewed for a 3rd season.

I've finally caught up on S2 and it's really picked up, not because of the guest appearances, but because it's focusing more on the MC outlaw side of things now while having the cartel and rebels stories intertwined.

Also seeing some of the MC characters developing now, and suspicions arising between them.

Well they left the season a great cliffhanger.

Who will that be then I wonder there is no way they would have done that unless the fans of the show know who it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thought Angel was going to be shot when talking to Potter on the phone about his new child.

Big improvement this season over last.

• Advertisement

The second season starts on BBC Two on Sunday May 24th at 10.55pm with a double-bill

Advertisement