Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self employed

Options
  • 10-05-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few topics on this so don't shoot me down, I've a few unique questions. Recently made redundant after 5 years of employment with the company. I'm now thinking of setting up a company and working as a contractor. A few questions, the SURE scheme, how would that be of benefit to me? I don't have, or need much working capital to start, however after a few months I would be in a position to buy some equipment. Could I claim it then?
    As I've worked the first 4 months of the year, how does that affect my taxes?
    And whilst I'm setting up my company, when do I stop claiming social welfare. I.E. should I delay setting up as self employed until I get work or can I set up as self employed and once I start working then notify welfare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Youngpies

My suggestion to you is to contact the local enterprise office for answers and advice based on your personal circumstances:

https://www.localenterprise.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

There are additional benefits available for people setting up their own business who were made redundant and currently on social welfare.

Contact your local enterprise office as @Youngpies mentioned. I did a start your own business course and found it excellent. They cover all options including benefits, grants etc.

Advertisement