Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro-Generation Scheme

Options
  • 10-05-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering is the Micro-Generation Scheme still operating? I am asking as I am seeing conflicting reports online, on whether the scheme ceased as off 2017? Also, if it is still under operation, what is the quote given per kW/h when over 3000kW/h is produced, and how much is it to install the required meter?

Finally, how long of a contract is given, i.e could the scheme cease within a few years and I be left with energy assets which are then of no use?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi theboss.com,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We need to advise that while the Electric Ireland pilot Microgeneration scheme is still in operation for customers already registered for it, it has been closed to new customers since the end of 2014.

ESB Networks accept new applications for connection of micro-generators to the electricity network though, if you contact them directly on 1850 372 757.

If you have any other questions for us in Electric Ireland, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭theboss.com

Hi theboss.com,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We need to advise that while the Electric Ireland pilot Microgeneration scheme is still in operation for customers already registered for it, it has been closed to new customers since the end of 2014.

ESB Networks accept new applications for connection of micro-generators to the electricity network though, if you contact them directly on 1850 372 757.

If you have any other questions for us in Electric Ireland, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Un
    Thank you, does the 10c per kW/h remain the same under the Micro-Generator for ESB networks?

Also, if over 3000kW/h is prodcued, what is the amount given by the ESB then?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi theboss.com,

We don't have the above information in Electric Ireland, however ESB Networks are available on that number until 6pm. They are also available on that number on Saturday mornings.

Here is the relevant page on their website also.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement