Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Joseph's Orphanage D/L, any Past Pupils?

Options
  • 10-05-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

I went to St Joseph's from age 4-7 (1961-1964). I have often wondered over the years what became of my teachers. Are there any other Old Josephians here who might remember them?
    "Low Babies" (strange name!): Mrs Keogh, who was already (1961) quite elderly, to my four year old eyes anyway. A kindly lady, as I recall.
    "High Babies" (we weren't, honestly!): Ms Ruane. A terror. She wore those Sixties classes with the little wing-tips and was as strict as anything, a real tartar. Hard to tell how old she was, not too old at the time.
    "First Communion": Ms Hogan! A real stunner, tall and slim with black hair. A very, very nice lady, stole my six-year old heart. I think she was about in her mid-20s then, so (hopefully) in her mid-late seventies now.

I'd love to hear any info or memories anyone might have.

Advertisement