Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling

• 10-05-2018 6:40pm

Hi all, I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for a good year now. Its gotten so bad now my marriage could be on the line. I worry about money and family all the time. I'm losing my temper far to easily and being over honest with people. I've been prescribed tablets but I don't like taking them and don't want to become dependent. I need help now before I lose my wife, my job and sanity. I want to go to counselling but I'm worried about the cost as we are saving for a deposit at this moment due to the crazy Dublin rents. Any advice on counselling that won't break the bank would be great. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ricicle

hi Paul472

Most counselling services have a low cost option if you ask about it. There is a place in Walkinstown called 'lets get talking' where you give what you can afford.

good luck with it, counselling can be life changing and I wish the best for you

R x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Have you checked if free counselling is available in work?Lots of companies have this facility.

ricicle wrote: »
    hi Paul472

Most counselling services have a low cost option if you ask about it. There is a place in Walkinstown called 'lets get talking' where you give what you can afford.

good luck with it, counselling can be life changing and I wish the best for you

R x

Thanks ricicle, I'll look into that.

Colser wrote: »
    Have you checked if free counselling is available in work?Lots of companies have this facility.

Colser I work for a company still in the stone age but maybe there's services in my union. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

i assume your GP prescribed the tablets? why would you deciding you know better and not taking them? If you are unhappy with them you should go back and discuss with GP. Not take the unilateral step of ignoring the recommended treatment.

Thats a bad decision.

your GP can also help with low cost counselling options. But again think through decision to not take your tablets and shirk counselling so you can save for deposit for a house, with your partner.

your marriage is on the line and your worried about your job. - (your words). Would you not prioritise your mental health and the health of your marriage and your job security over the material things, eg getting a house?

The cost of ignoring these is that you might not get to enjoy a house with no job or no partner? another bad choice IMO.

Pleaser look after yourself , and dont put your head in the sand and pretend everything is okay.

Hi Op

i assume your GP prescribed the tablets? why would you deciding you know better and not taking them? If you are unhappy with them you should go back and discuss with GP. Not take the unilateral step of ignoring the recommended treatment.

Thats a bad decision.

your GP can also help with low cost counselling options. But again think through decision to not take your tablets and shirk counselling so you can save for deposit for a house, with your partner.

your marriage is on the line and your worried about your job. - (your words). Would you not prioritise your mental health and the health of your marriage and your job security over the material things, eg getting a house?

The cost of ignoring these is that you might not get to enjoy a house with no job or no partner? another bad choice IMO.

Pleaser look after yourself , and dont put your head in the sand and pretend everything is okay.

Xterminator, I am back taking my prescription. I don't think I know better than the Doc. The Doc has been great. I go on like this every time I near the end of my prescription, I run out because I'm too embarrassed to book another appointment to get calm me down tablets. Ridiculous right?...

I know my marriage is priority. Things just get all mashed up together when I'm not feeling the best.

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement