Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super pricey propeller swap? Mejzlik 15x5 carbon props

Options
  • 10-05-2018 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Ive been messing around for a long while building Multicopters, though never really getting them good enough to actually fly them much. Going to downsize to 11" (building a Hunter Vtail 500 now) so I have these minimal use 15x5" props (set of 4, 2 CW + 2 CCW). They were absurdly expensive, new online they are currently over €40 each! These are custom drilled at factory to have 3 screw threads for greater compatibility.

Brand is: Mejzlik , they are carbon fiber and look as new.

Anyone got any quality high pitch (great than 6) 11" props? Or something else interesting? Just don't want them to go to waste.

I also seem to have 7 generic Carbon Fiber Props too, unbranded, some usage on them (as I never risked the Mejzlik's).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

@Matt Simis:
    Posting sale items here is against the Charter Rules. I will lock this thread shortly.
    So before I do that, please open a classified ad in Adverts.ie, and post a link for that here.

Mod.

PS. Props of those sizes are also used by hotliner model fliers. Not that many here in Ireland but there are some. An ad placed in the MACI mag might find a swop/buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I thought swaps would be ok, but thanks for giving me the chance to make the Adverts ad anyhow! Here it is:
    https://www.adverts.ie/radio-control/15x5-propellers-top-end-mejzliks-and-also-no-name/15400350

PS: Also thanks for the tip on who else may use them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

No problem. I will say: those Mejzlik props are amazing quality. I always used "better than average" props. (mainly Aeronaut and Graupner). And Mejzlik are right in the top group maybe at the top.
    For some strange reason the implications of using a prop that is more efficient than another prop is not discussed by model fliers. But lost energy retrieved and accessed = longer flights and more power during those flights.

But there is a good subject here for the forum to work with into if we want. Propeller efficiency, and performance in models. props that bend and deform when placed under load by increasing angle of climb or power, and which are unable to apply the power beyond their stress limit.

The 3-way tradeoff of (1) better props vs (2) heavier better engines and electric motors vs (3) bigger (but cheaper and heavier) power units.

I've seen guys who have new tyres on their car put square tipped flexible props on their model, which had an expensive high performance engine in it, and completely unaware of the power removal caused by doing that.

Anyway I'll lock it now and any chat about the sale can move to Adverts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement