Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level pay issues Bord Gais

Options
  • 10-05-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. My account has been in credit by 100€ since after 1st Nov bill. They have adjusted the level pay amount during this time to constantly keep me in credit.
    To my mind they are simply overcharging and the payment amount is adjusting on my usage but never taking account the fact I am 100€ in credit.
    Any ideas how I can get this money back without signing a contract with a new supplier? I intend to move home in the next few months so I need flexibility of no contract.
    I emailed them yesterday and got a tough **** type reply saying it will sort itself after next bill which is patently untrue.
    Thanks for all suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

ashes79 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. My account has been in credit by 100€ since after 1st Nov bill. They have adjusted the level pay amount during this time to constantly keep me in credit.
    To my mind they are simply overcharging and the payment amount is adjusting on my usage but never taking account the fact I am 100€ in credit.
    Any ideas how I can get this money back without signing a contract with a new supplier? I intend to move home in the next few months so I need flexibility of no contract.
    I emailed them yesterday and got a tough **** type reply saying it will sort itself after next bill which is patently untrue.
    Thanks for all suggestions

Hi I rang about this when I switched last month. The guy never told me about level paying but ticked the box to say he did.

I was told I could opt out but lose the discounts or she could adjust it. In fairness I was allowed to chose my own amount so I went with 70 for gas and 60 for electricity It was previously 150/ 140 which was ridiculous.

But I do think the whole thing is designed to be in their favour and I may move because of it when my contract is up next year.

Advertisement