Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkness Into Light

• 10-05-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

My aunt text me last night about checking out about the Darkness Into Light in Limerick. She misses out on the T-shirt as the dead line is 4th of May.

Can she still walk the route even if she hasn't registered?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissGriff

You can still officially register but just won't get the t shirt if its after the 4 th. The deadline is so they can post the t shirts out.
    The register page will still ask your size etc but just ignore it and continue through the process.
    I did it yesterday.
    Also, Id imagine anyone can walk it without registering as its on public roads.
    I think the registering is probably to get an official count of supporters... but mainly to fundraise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, it's a public road essentially. Nobody checks who you are when you arrive at Thomond Park either. The loss really is to the Charity so she can always just donate herself to Pieta House.

But yeah, the t-shirt is a good memento. Not everyone wears yellow, the majority do but some people wear t-shirts in memory of people. I guess if she can't get a t-shirt that she could wear something yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

There will be a registration area before the walk (probably around LIT before you're corralled into Thomond Park for the off).

Pay your money, get the T-shirt go on the walk. That less than a €20 note in money could help pull someone out of a dark hole, remember that as you ably perambulate from darkness into light. Ah sure, give 'em the score anyway.

That's the way we've been doing it for years now. Some of the lads with us have never even seen a computer switched on not to mind register online.

Then into Jack Monday's for coffee afterwards. How bad eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

"No, you cannot register on the morning. We advise you to register online before the 4th of May to receive the 10th anniversary Darkness Into Light t-shirt."

....from the official site. Maybe things have changed this year, but it would appear that the OP's Aunt cannot register (nor collect a T-Shirt) on the Day.

Jaysus, what a turn out.
    We've never seen it as busy.

It looks like I was incorrect with my statement from yesterday.

When we got there there was no place to register at all. There was about 10 people handing out T-shirts in the same place where the registration was last year.

But, what a turn out! We were on the Shannon bridge and walkers were still crossing Sarsfield bridge before making the turn onto Liddy St and curving around the old Dunnes Stores stores before hitting Howley's Quay proper.

There was a drone buzzing overhead so I'm looking forward to seeing that footage, if anyone sees it before me can you post a link please?

• Advertisement

Advertisement