Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I Have Testicular Cancer.. Need Advice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Dull throbbing in the testicles could be chlamydia.

Which sucks, but a bit better than cancer, at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I never felt more random pains or throbbing in my nuts until the minute after finding a lump.

The mind is a powerful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TheHumanSpider

Pelvis wrote: »
    I never felt more random pains or throbbing in my nuts until the minute after finding a lump.

The mind is a powerful thing.

YES! I completely agree! You hone in on every little feeling and sensation you get. It's horrible!

Another 3 and a half hours until my ultrasound. Couldn't even eat my lunch in work today because of the anxiety/worry.

Thanks everyone for trying to calm my brain. I'll be sure to let you's know how I get on later. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TheHumanSpider

Well everyone, I'm home now from the ultrasound and it has been a long day.

I went in, laid on the bed and the sonographer told me to point to where I felt the lump and to hold my finger there so that she can start there. She put the device there and within 5 seconds she said "Yeah, that's a cyst".

I've never heard such words that took my breath away. She continued to scan that area and said it's a cyst on the epididymis.

She checked the other testicle and when she was finished said that everything's normal and that it's only a cyst and nothing to worry about. She said she would forward on the scan to my GP.

I must of thank her about 10 times. I was so relieved yet so emotional afterwards that when I came out I just burst into tears because I've had so much worry, anxiety and fear built up over the past 2 weeks.

I'd just like to thank everyone on this thread that gave me advice, shared their personal experiences and helped calm me before my ultrasound.

I'm so glad it's nothing serious and I'll finally be able eat and then sleep tonight.

Even though I was worried and stressed, I'm glad I went to my GP straight away and then went for an ultrasound.

For anyone else, who perhaps ever stumbles across this thread, and is in a similar situation as I was, I think the moral of the story is, check your testicles regularly after a hot shower, get to know how they feel and if you notice any lumps or bumps or weird pains, just go to your GP as soon as you can just to get them checked. It'll most likely turn out to be nothing but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Once again, thanks everyone for all your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great to hear, and thanks for sharing your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Larry Bee

Delighted for you. :)
    Tell me, has the pain decreased since the scan? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Delighted for you m8 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Great news mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 norhubarb

The best advice to any one that suspects some is not right with their crown Jewels "SEE YOUR GP NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" do not stress and procrastinate JUST do it. Because even if its not serious the mental torture of not know is

• Advertisement
Advertisement