Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel2Go Issue

Options
  • 10-05-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi

I have an issue with an order I put in with Parcel2Go to return an item to a vendor in China. Full address included when placing the order as requested and in order to protect myself I purchased the additional cover with a total cost of EUR58 to cover the item with a value of EUR200.

The parcel subsequently got stuck in customs and was abandoned.

Parcel2Go are now refusing to honour the cover I purchased for the value of the item and refusing to refund the delivery cost and as such I am out of pocket for not only the delivery service not completed but also the value of the item, total approx. EUR258

The item was initially handled by Nightline and subsequently by UPS but I understand my contract and subsequent issue is with Parcel2Go

Any advise on where I go from here?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a bit vague. Why did it get stuck in customs and how was it abandoned or by who exactly? Can't really advise anything without knowing more about the context. For example, hypothetically if it was seized for being counterfeit, or radically underdeclared, or anything of that nature, your cover wouldn't apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

With the information given to us so far, it seems they are not to blame. If seized by customs it's hardly their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Thanks for the replies

It was abandoned by UPS at customs as they could not make contact with the receiver to process clearance, UPS being the agent Parcel2Go were using...

Advertisement