Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

ameirecan wrote: »
    It has taken advantage of the civil war in Syria to establish military installations closer to the Israeli border in preparation for attacks like we saw recently.

Has not every country in that region + many of the world's big powers (US, Russia) been involved in what is going on in Syria + "taken advantage" of the situation where they can?

Israel has bombed Syria several times over the past few years. Israel has also I think given money and weapons to the various "Islamist" rebels in Syria to oppose Iran and also because having Syria quite weak and unstable is a net benefit in their calculus.

As regards Iran itself, Israel has been strongly warning the US about Iran's "WMDs" + urging a preemptive US attack on Iran [Iraq mark II!] for a least a decade now [to try & turn it into another weak, failed state].
    Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

There's probably some (not naming any handles!) but none have posted here yet I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

After going to Isreal I realised it's entirely different then what I saw/heard on the news. I use to follow a lot RT 'news' when I was younger and thought Isreal was just an evil place who wanted to wipe out Palestine. After realising RT is Russian propaganda I really wanted to see how it really was in Isreal.

After visiting the country and realising it's a very diverse place with massive differing opinions from strong jewish beliefs to barely connected jewish beliefs and like wise with muslims, I believe Isreal is a great place for anyone who lives there whatever religion or race they are IMO. You can be who or what you want there. As one of the gay muslims told me 'it's the only safe place in the middle east for them'. While a lovely jewish gril was telling the first time they meet someone from a different faith was in university (similar to our religious catholic/protestant schools) showing they know they need to work on better intergration within the communites. There was a big want to just get on with everyone and from what I felt no one on either side wanted to fight but just get on and lot has to do with the leaders of every side being slightly extreme.

It is a lovely place to visit if people would try without prejudice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

moloner4 wrote: »
    After going to Isreal I realised it's entirely different then what I saw/heard on the news. I use to follow a lot RT 'news' when I was younger and thought Isreal was just an evil place who wanted to wipe out Palestine. After realising RT is Russian propaganda I really wanted to see how it really was in Isreal.

After visiting the country and realising it's a very diverse place with massive differing opinions from strong jewish beliefs to barely connected jewish beliefs and like wise with muslims, I believe Isreal is a great place for anyone who lives there whatever religion or race they are IMO. You can be who or what you want there. As one of the gay muslims told me 'it's the only safe place in the middle east for them'. While a lovely jewish gril was telling the first time they meet someone from a different faith was in university (similar to our religious catholic/protestant schools) showing they know they need to work on better intergration within the communites. There was a big want to just get on with everyone and from what I felt no one on either side wanted to fight but just get on and lot has to do with the leaders of every side being slightly extreme.

It is a lovely place to visit if people would try without prejudice :)

Did you visit Palestine?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We're friends with brutal dictatorships, yay?

Quite the opposite there are brutal dictatorships

Which neither side seems to have an end game ,

It's a Iran Vs Israel
    Iran Vs Saudi
    Iran Vs Jordan
    Iran Vs America
    Iran Vs Iraq
    Iran Vs turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

And the media talk about Russian bots online.
    Paid shills.?

I dislike Israel, i dislike Jews. Even beyond their treatment of Palestinians , they're an enclosed weirdo cult ..
    Theres a reason israel isnt recognised by U.N

Here comes the ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

You'll have something to boast about on Stormfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

You know for the amount of defending of Israel I've done on this site over the past few years (twas the reason I registered - debate was getting stale elsewhere) I really should be owed like a few million in back pay surely?

As for what to do with Israel today, I certainly wouldn't see it disappear but I definitely think they (and the Palestinians) have lost sight of the urgency of an enduring peace deal. Israel needs to cut the crap, reach a deal with the Palestinians on which settlements are to remain and which are to go, agree a border and let the Palestinians have a state (or two which may need to be the case) that the Palestinians can in turn police effectively, to ensure there isn't a Gaza 2.0 situation. I know people like to think mass movements of people either into or out of Israel are viable but realistically they are pipe dreams, and far less insidious than the kind of small scale movement the settlement process entails - all the more reason to aggressively pursue a peace deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I would wipe out this thread

Overheal wrote: »
    I would wipe out this thread

Wouldn't worry about it, posts like his tend to 'disappear' reasonably quickly, along with all responses to them. Ironic that it should happen in a thread about Israel and the kind of nonsense you normally hear about Jewish conspiracies - wait, maybe they're onto something :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wouldn't worry about it, posts like his tend to 'disappear' reasonably quickly, along with all responses to them. Ironic that it should happen in a thread about Israel and the kind of nonsense you normally hear about Jewish conspiracies - wait, maybe they're onto something :eek:

Oh if you’re into that I’ve archived a good read for you over in the conspiracy theories forum. Can’t miss it. Well, I don’t.

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh if you’re into that I’ve archived a good read for you over in the conspiracy theories forum. Can’t miss it. Well, I don’t.

I can only take these conspiracy theories in small amounts - in After Hours thrashing the occasional commonly held piece of juvenile naivete is like a justly applied biffing on a miscreants nose; on the conspiracy theory forums I suspect I'd be overrun like it's the zombie apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It is gas that people make debate on this rather than just let the op have no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I can only take these conspiracy theories in small amounts - in After Hours thrashing the occasional commonly held piece of juvenile naivete is like a justly applied biffing on a miscreants nose; on the conspiracy theory forums I suspect I'd be overrun like it's the zombie apocalypse.

After Hours is like the premium lounge for the upper echelons of Mensa when compared to the Conspiracy Theory forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ameirecan

Congrats to Israel on winning the Eurovision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The only issue I have with Israel is their Eurovision song. Otherwise, they're sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Iran has openly and repeatedly called for an end to the existence of the Jewish state. It has taken advantage of the civil war in Syria to establish military installations closer to the Israeli border in preparation for attacks like we saw recently. I can't imagine the terror of having another state hell bent on your eradication. Reading some of the posts on here through it sounds like some people would welcome it.

Iran hasn’t taken any advantage of your so-called Syrian civil war (it’s not a civil war when foreign militaries are involved).

Iranian military are in Syria at the invitation of the UN recognised Syrian government. US military is in Syria breaking international law, basically as an occupying force-don’t expect this to be mentioned on BBC or Sky “News”.

Israeli bombing of Iranian military in Syria are war crimes. Imagine Iran bombing US military installations in Saudi Arabia.

As for wiping Israel off the map? Way to load up the debate. No mention of Israel wiping Palestine off the map. No mention of the Likud charter dedicated to eradicating Palestine. No mention of the continuos ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Israeli terrorists in the occupied West Bank.

The UN decided Israel was to be established after WWII.

It would have been nice in the interests of democracy and fair play that they let the natives vote on it.

But in the era of the white man’s colonial power, the Palestinians were deemed subhumans, unworthy of any consideration. Their homes and land stolen. Ethnically cleansed, raped and murdered by Jewish extremists, well armed and well trained.

But yeh, let’s focus on Israel the victim. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Cynortas wrote: »
    No

This apparently conforms to Betteridge's Law of Headlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Iran hasn’t taken any advantage of your so-called Syrian civil war (it’s not a civil war when foreign militaries are involved).

Iranian military are in Syria at the invitation of the UN recognised Syrian government. US military is in Syria breaking international law, basically as an occupying force-don’t expect this to be mentioned on BBC or Sky “News”.

Israeli bombing of Iranian military in Syria are war crimes. Imagine Iran bombing US military installations in Saudi Arabia.

As for wiping Israel off the map? Way to load up the debate. No mention of Israel wiping Palestine off the map. No mention of the Likud charter dedicated to eradicating Palestine. No mention of the continuos ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Israeli terrorists in the occupied West Bank.

The UN decided Israel was to be established after WWII.

It would have been nice in the interests of democracy and fair play that they let the natives vote on it.

But in the era of the white man’s colonial power, the Palestinians were deemed subhumans, unworthy of any consideration. Their homes and land stolen. Ethnically cleansed, raped and murdered by Jewish extremists, well armed and well trained.

But yeh, let’s focus on Israel the victim. :rolleyes:

The Mick Wallace of boards has spoken!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

those who were actually born in israel, the israel as per the 1948 borders, have a right to stay there. those born on occupied land who have israely citizenship, must get off that land. israel must stop it's illegal occupation and return all land, and go back within it's border.[/quote]

Would that include the thousands of Arab Israeli citizens as well?
    Guess it would as they are Israeli as well.
    Or maybe you just mean Jews?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Advocating for the 'wiping out' of a nation, probably wouldn't be good for world peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Madagascan wrote: »
    those who were actually born in israel, the israel as per the 1948 borders, have a right to stay there. those born on occupied land who have israely citizenship, must get off that land. israel must stop it's illegal occupation and return all land, and go back within it's border.

Would that include the thousands of Arab Israeli citizens as well?
    Guess it would as they are Israeli as well.
    Or maybe you just mean Jews?[/QUOTE]

anyone outside the 1948 borders must be put back within the 1948 borders.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Wibbs wrote: »

I do not. Do you disagree with the UN resolutions condemning Israel's aggressive expansionist actions down the years? More resolutions than all other countries combined? So I'd be a bit more careful looking to the UN as some sort of moral and political authority for your position. It goes both ways.

...resolutions all on the same issue. While other problems have eventually been solved to one extent or other - Angola, Apartheid South Africa & Rhodesia - Israel has continued on with it's expansionist agenda, getting further in breach as time goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

It should be nuked for that eurovision entry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Do I want to see the bulwark of western civilisation fall?

No is my answer

lol. I suppose it's keeping up the colonial bullshhit of Western Civilisation.
    You think the Israeli government spend money and resources to send people onto insignificant Irish internet sites with dwindling numbers to spread propaganda? Do you actually believe this or are you just trolling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_diplomacy_of_Israel

no, just taken from where it is and split, 33.33333% smack bang in the USA, 33.33333% smack bang in Milton Keynes and 33.33333....% in Frankfurt.... No lives lost just a postal address issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Or maybe you just mean Jews?

You have further shown yourself as a vile antisemitic dullard by (thankfully) being the only person to thank a post agreeing with the wiping out of an entire nation.

You're an absolute classless joke on every fora you partake in.

Mod: Banned for persistent personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

rusty cole wrote: »
    no, just taken from where it is and split, 33.33333% smack bang in the USA, 33.33333% smack bang in Milton Keynes and 33.33333....% in Frankfurt.... No lives lost just a postal address issue..

Miami. Then again that's the south so they might be better off where they are.

Advertisement