Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

Options

Comments

nullzero wrote: »
    Who triggered the OP?

Probably the Zionist version of Skynet. Went self-aware and unleashed havoc....... Mossad has a few ready to go when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

User Madagascan has already been outted as a paid Israeli hasbara troll on the politics forum so don't even debate issues with him. Its a well known fact Israel pays an army of social media trolls to propagandise. Ireland is one of the leading EU states that's stands in solidarity with the Palestinian cause so its no surprise boards is infiltrated with them. Just stick to facts, amnesty international reports, human rights watch etc

Damn tell me how I can get paid by the state of Israel I’d love some of that shill money, btw are you sure your not a paid Hamas shill Gazz or is that Gazza :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

ameirecan wrote: »
    Iran has openly and repeatedly called for an end to the existence of the Jewish state. It has taken advantage of the civil war in Syria to establish military installations closer to the Israeli border in preparation for attacks like we saw recently. I can't imagine the terror of having another state hell bent on your eradication. Reading some of the posts on here through it sounds like some people would welcome it.

Why would you want an entire country wiped out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't hate Israelis at all and it's a good thing that they have a state of their own - I'd just like to see them put back in their box so to speak. It's the 21st century, you don't expand your border by military force anymore, you do it democratically. The UN created Israel (and rightly so) through resolutions, and the Israelis celebrated that at the time and were thankful. They don't get to tell the UN to f*ck itself now that it has pointed out that, y'know, taking another country's land by military force is no longer acceptable if one wants to be counted among the civilised nations of this world.

To put it another way: Taking land by military force, and being recognised as part of the modern, democratic "first world" which supporters of Israel so openly lust after - you have to pick one or the other. Until Israel pulls out of the occupied territories and reverts to its internationally recognised border (AKA the "green line"), they don't get to be called a civilised country or count on any friendship or diplomatic ambivalence from the West. It's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gatling wrote: »
    Happens on here too a lot especially on anything to do with anti American or similar threads .
    Newly registered posters repeatedly saying the exact same thing over and over .
    Space cadets

How can you not be Anti American government when they supply the likes of Israel and Saudi Arabia with the wherewithal to carry out the mass slaughter of innocent civilians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What are these 35,000 people currently attaching Israel to?

A big sign that says "We love ethnicly cleansing Palestinians"?

I believe this is where he got it.
    https://twitter.com/AviMayer/status/995997883882180608?s=19

Not exactly a good source. The guys been caught lying on social media before. His tweets are probably only slightly more reliable than trumps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Snipers shooting a man in wheelchair with a slingshot, what a ****ed up country

If Trump was a country, he would be Israel.

I’d be quite okay if neither existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sure they make the Israelis shoot them.

...in much the same way they have that land that just begs to be seized and turned into a leafy gated community.

Snipers shooting a man in wheelchair with a slingshot, what a ****ed up country

They have in the past 3 months shot a guy in a wheelchair (who was without a slingshot), so I suppose they want to show they're even handed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Labour friends of Israel (also active against Corbyn) condemn the protestors.

https://twitter.com/_LFI/status/996050275017416704?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lol. Embarassing

Yep. Isn't it amazing how Israel can pick out that a peaceful protest has been "hijacked" by Hamas, but still managed to kill civillians with direct aimed rifle fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Gaza is basically one of the last vestiges of Palestinian automous land - a huge amount of the people living in there are refugees and the descendants of refugees who were crammed into that narrow strip after the various expulsions that took place as Israel was being formed. Today, Gaza largely serves as a holding pen for Palestinians, a place they can be completely fenced off and contained. It is in essence an open air prison. In the West Bank it is slightly more open but even they have been fenced in with a barrier and huge amounts of it remain under direct military occupation with all of the oppression and indignity that entails. On top of this, Israel is colonising and settling land there at breakneck speed; some settlements being so big that they have their own universities. Make no mistake, there is no 'peace process' here, there is a process of systematic colonisation and the strangulation of the Palestinians as a people. Israel is not 'defending' anything, it is actively and aggressively seizing and illegally settling land.

Today we saw a mass civilian challenge to a fence that cages them into their prison and separates them from land that was theirs in recent living memory. The young, the old, the disabled, the unarmed were gunned down by one of the most highly-equipped armies in the world. This is not self-defence, this is Bloody Sunday or Sharpville. And people who are defending today's events with whataboutery or prevaricating nonsense would want to have a look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Odhinn wrote: »
    Yep. Isn't it amazing how Israel can pick out that a peaceful protest has been "hijacked" by Hamas, but still managed to kill civillians with direct aimed rifle fire.

"Human shields"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I don't hate Israelis at all and it's a good thing that they have a state of their own - I'd just like to see them put back in their box so to speak. It's the 21st century, you don't expand your border by military force anymore, you do it democratically. The UN created Israel (and rightly so) through resolutions, and the Israelis celebrated that at the time and were thankful. They don't get to tell the UN to f*ck itself now that it has pointed out that, y'know, taking another country's land by military force is no longer acceptable if one wants to be counted among the civilised nations of this world.

To put it another way: Taking land by military force, and being recognised as part of the modern, democratic "first world" which supporters of Israel so openly lust after - you have to pick one or the other. Until Israel pulls out of the occupied territories and reverts to its internationally recognised border (AKA the "green line"), they don't get to be called a civilised country or count on any friendship or diplomatic ambivalence from the West. It's as simple as that.

So you support the theft of Palestinian land?

Amazing the way all those who support the establishment of Israel, support it on the establishment of someone else’s land and not their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Amazing the way all those who support the establishment of Israel, support it on the establishment of someone else’s land and not their own.

I think the foundation of the Israeli state was a bad decision, and the Palestinians rightly refer to it as a disaster for them but it was 70 years ago now and the reality is that Israel isn't going anywhere. They exist now, the majority of people there were born there and the idea that they'll give up on their state is a total non runner these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Israel getting away with massacring unarmed folk.... again. A terrorist action from a terrorist state

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

I cannot believe that the Lord Mayor of Dublin has decided to be our National spokeperson on Israel. His nonsense has now made the Jerusalem Post.
    Its a SONG CONTEST. What a complete idiot. Another Shinner embarrassment.

Madagascan wrote: »
    Israel is being attached by 35,000 people at the moment.
    Hamas terrorists have fired shots at the IDF.
    At least one bomb has exploded.
    Petrol bombs and other weapons are being used.
    Israel will not use Water Pistols in defence and Hamas know and rely on that.

Yep, you keep peddling the bullsh*t that Israel is under some kind of existential threat so you can justify the mass murder perpetrated today. Pathetic and just fundamentally sickening on so many levels. Somebody called Israel the 'bulwark of Western civilisation' earlier. Thats just disturbing IMO.

• Advertisement

I cannot believe that the Lord Mayor of Dublin has decided to be our National spokeperson on Israel. His nonsense has now made the Jerusalem Post.
    Its a SONG CONTEST. What a complete idiot. Another Shinner embarrassment.

'it's a sporting event' was the line trotted out justifying allowing Apartheid South African participate and be visited by teams. The days of pretending that Israel is a normal state are well behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

I wouldn't like to see them "wiped out"

But I would like to see them take a very bad beating,, a really bad one. With most, if not all of those illegal settlements on other peoples land being Bulldozed..

Yep, you keep peddling the bullsh*t that Israel is under some kind of existential threat so you can justify the mass murder perpetrated today. Pathetic and just fundamentally sickening on so many levels. Somebody called Israel the 'bulwark of Western civilisation' earlier. Thats just disturbing IMO.

Insane, tbh. The remaining bulwark of 19th century Western colonialism perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Of course not. Had I been alive during the UN partition plan I would of course have vehemently opposed it. But it's similar to the question of Northern Ireland - obviously you can't just pack up all the Unionists and ship them off back to Britain, they're too many generations entrenched for that to be either morally justified or feasible. However, the situation with the occupied territories is more akin to a hypothetical situation in which the Unionist majority in Northern Ireland had decided to literally occupy and annex the three non-NI counties of Ulster - Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan - in the late 1960s, and were still refusing to return them to Irish sovereignty and give any land or housing back to the Irish people who had been driven out at gunpoint at the time of annexation - even though the entire international community had repeatedly demanded that they do and that this type of land grab is entirely illegal under international law.

In that context, I'd support boycotting, sanctioning, and isolating the sh!t out of NI as a state until their government relented and agreed to give up its childish notions that issues such as borders and land sovereignty are still decided by the size of one's gun rather than by civilised, democratic consensus, and pulled its settlers and state institutions back across the proper border. It's an entirely different question to the historical question of partition and sovereignty over the original split - unfortunately in those cases we just have to acknowledge that the British policy of pullout and partition with regard to former colonies was monumentously moronic, but happened too long ago for there to be a fair and humane way to simply roll back the clock and undo it. Sure, the political status of such areas can change with changing demographics, but it would be both unworkable and morally wrong to talk about actually uprooting the grandchildren of the original first citizens of such a partition and moving them out of the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Odhinn wrote: »
    'it's a sporting event' was the line trotted out justifying allowing Apartheid South African participate and be visited by teams. The days of pretending that Israel is a normal state are well behind us.

I was involved in the anti-apartheit movement. The comparison is not valid.

The Israel/Palestine conflict is highly complex. There is bad and good on both sides. Of course, most ordinary people are decent.

I have been to Israel a few times. Its a fascinating place. The treatment of the Palestinians by the State of Israel is atrocious. But the Israelis are surrounded by hostile neighbours who want to annihilate them - and no-one came to their aid the lsst time that happened to them as a race (in the holocaust). So, it's complex and there are many agendas.

Childish gestures like calling for a boycott of a song contest help absolutely no-one and make us sound petty, ignorant and belligerent.

The Israel/Palestine conflict is highly complex. There is bad and good on both sides. Of course, most ordinary people are decent.

I have been to Israel a few times. Its a fascinating place. The treatment of the Palestinians by the State of Israel is atrocious. But the Israelis are surrounded by hostile neighbours who want to annihilate them - and no-one came to their aid the lsst time that happened to them as a race (in the holocaust). So, it's complex and there are many agendas.

Childish gestures like calling for a boycott of a song contest help absolutely no-one and make us sound petty, ignorant and belligerent.

Theres a difference between 'wanting' to do something and being actually able to do it. Israel has one of the most advanced militaries in the world plus shedloads of nukes so there is not the remotest scenario that can be credibly argued to the point where one can state that they are under some kind of existential threat. They are not, period. So IMO, its not complex whatsover when it come to events like today.

So, it's justified that Palestinians suffer because of what the Nazis did to Jews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No, but what the Nazis done to the Jews drives Israel's attitude to any aggression towards them. A bunch of people throwing stones or petrol bombs is not going to achieve anything. I'm sure Hammas and militant groups are aware of this but it's good optics for them to have the pawns getting mowed down.

Ipso wrote: »
    No, but what the Nazis done to the Jews drives Israel's attitude to any aggression towards them. A bunch of people throwing stones or petrol bombs is not going to achieve anything. I'm sure Hammas and militant groups are aware of this but it's good optics for them to have the pawns getting mowed down.

Yet more typical blame shifting. Do you think its justified to counter stones and petrol bombs with lethal force such as rifle bullets? Were you appalled by Bloody Sunday in Derry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So, it's justified that Palestinians suffer because of what the Nazis did to Jews?

Literally one sentence above the one you quoted, he said it was "atrocious"

Advertisement