Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

fergus1001 wrote: »
    given land after world war 2 so the Jews could have a homeland after the horrors of the holocaust only for them to turn around and establish the largest concentration camp known to man

they do not deserve the land they have never mind the land they are illegally occupying

And that's where it started. It was colonialism. I can see why it happened. What happened to the jews in WW2 was horrible and it was the culmination of millennia of persecution. But it was still colonialism. They took a chunk of land and told the people who lived there that it wasn't really theirs anymore.

Fast forward decades and it's still going on. Even the term "settler" implies that they are going out and settling land. This is not the case. They are building fortified towns in the middle of land that other people own. They aren't settling, they are colonising land that people already live on.

It's a horrible mixture of local politics, geo politics and religion on both sides. It ends up with people who are living in a universe that we can barely comprehend.

Here's someone involved in the price tag attacks justifying why they're right. The simple fact that they are arabs living on what they claim is israeli land is enough to warrant attack. It's an utterly insane proposition but she talks about it like it's the most rational thing in the world.

Now I'm sure that someone is going to co me along and say something about Hamas or the PLO or something else. Yes, there are religious nutjobs on the other side too but that doesn't justify these blatant land grabs and the hatred that quite a number of israeli's have.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

fergus1001 wrote: »
    given land after world war 2 so the Jews could have a homeland after the horrors of the holocaust only for them to turn around and establish the largest concentration camp known to man

they do not deserve the land they have never mind the land they are illegally occupying

So the land that was purchased in the 1800/1900s before ww2 is illegally occupied? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

moloner4 wrote: »
    So the land that was purchased in the 1800/1900s before ww2 is illegally occupied? :confused:

No, but its quite a small area. 1.7 million acres out of some 27 million, I think. Not worth arguing however, as its the 1967 borders that are todays concern.

Advertisement