Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captcha - a bit much

Options
  • 11-05-2018 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭

Just had to do 6 straight captcha challenges to prove I wasn't a robot.

6 pictures of vehicles.

I think that's a bit much for a forum no?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I'm afraid we don't have control over the number of captchas presented. The time taken to complete a captcha also seems to be taken into account nowadays, so if you look suspiciously like a robot it's going to present another to help it determine. Sorry about that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It doesnt help when you see something in the distance that looks like it might be a vehicle and you start doubting yourself.

Serious. I try to reply to a post, it brings 3 screens of captcha, then the reply is not made when I look.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry to hear that LorenzoB. When there is any strange traffic trying to access the site, Cloudflare will increase security and this means increased captchas for areas/IPs that might not normally have to go through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that captchas don't consider some vehicles, e.g. pedal cycles, to be vehicles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement