Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wages

Options
  • 11-05-2018 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

Started a job on 20/4/18, initially was told I would be paid every 2 weeks then I signed a contract that said every week in arrears.

Today is the 4th Friday or payday I've been there and I've not received a penny yet.

Asked last week where my money was and was told it would be sorted but nothing yet.

Patience is wearing thin at this stage now. What would people in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Is friday the day is everyone else paid?
    is this week end a pay cycle weekend for everyone else?

If its a small business you need to approach the manager and ask them the above information.
    If you were due to be paid and it still has not been resolved.
    Work out what you should have been paid gross per week.
    Calculate up the deductions for tax etc based on emergency tax rates and work out your nett pay per week
    Present your calculation to your manager and ask them to organise a payment for at least a large % of the nett pay. Excluding any nett pay on the back week
    Have you provided a p45 from your last job?
    Have you provided bank details if not been paid in cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I've provided everything they needed bank details, p45, and have received a letter from revenue confirming they have registered me as working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Not to unnecessarily alarm you, but in all my years in the workforce, it’s happened a few times that wages were short/late etc, especially during the recession. In all those times, things never corrected themselves, as in you’d get paid late the following week/month too.

Now I have a rule: €5 short or 5mins late and I’m gone, there’s too many other decent employers about to be putting up with that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Started a job on 20/4/18, initially was told I would be paid every 2 weeks then I signed a contract that said every week in arrears.

Today is the 4th Friday or payday I've been there and I've not received a penny yet.

Asked last week where my money was and was told it would be sorted but nothing yet.

Patience is wearing thin at this stage now. What would people in this situation?

Any update OP. Personally I wouldn’t have left today until I got a pay slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Money will be in bank on Monday or so they said

I'm leaving anyway. Horrible place to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Money will be in bank on Monday or so they said

I'm leaving anyway. Horrible place to work.

Best idea. Don’t let that money go. Make your complaint online at WRC on Monday if the money’s not there.
    Your complaint is under Payment of Wages Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It's terrible when employers treat people like that. Even in teaching I've worked 6-7 weeks until back dated pay started. And yet they expect staff to still keep coming in.

Advertisement