Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwegian Triathlon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I gues you have to lopk at Norwegian socity first. Its very normal that parents are coches in clubs the whole system is geared that kids do sport Norway does quite well in sport becasue of that.
    Whats very intersting all 3 kids are from a city of the size of Cork.
    Its not only a Nat squad as the best female lives trains in denmark now.
    The guys likee the brownlees they spend a lot of time cycling which I guess is the thing that sets them apart Form many itu programs that might do half of it on the bike.
    Beside it looks like a coaching driven program and not designed by pencil pushers where politics Comes ahead of athlete needs
    What is intersting about noweay is how they educate athletes to learn to make good decisons. Its quite common that nordic skier write their own programs very early on in their carrers and athelres are usually more responsibke for their training as oppoed being totaly dictated by federations what they have to do..
    At the same time there was an article in the guardian and I think the norwefisn team braught as many asthma inhales to kore than all the other nations togehter...( iam a bit eaxgersting but the mumbers were incredible)

Anyway If you looked at itu junior results the past years you could very clearly see that for quite a few years even beofre blummefeld became big that there is a lot going on in Norway. Its not an overnight success.
    The only thing a bit suprising is that the males do so well one would habe assumed that they would have more success with female as like in the rest of Scandinavia female sport tends to be more accepted and nurtered. Not a suprise that handbal in denmark or soccer in Norway are so strong as equality is at least a decade ahead tha the rest of Europe
    joey100 wrote: »
    Stole from Slowtwitch but a good thread that has Gustav Iden answering questions about his training and the coach of the Norwegian team has also joined in. Interesting to see their approach to training, when the move has seemed to be to squad based training they are sticking with National Federation training and have got some good results. Also a lot of testing done.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Gustav_Iden_here._Ask_me_anything_P6626013/

Advertisement