Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty Apparel Thread (pun intended!)

• 10-05-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

These awesome Mario Kart tees are going for 9 euro in Penney's right now

IMG_20180510_175222714_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One thing about that tee is it's a straight scan of the Japanese Super Mario Kart cover.
    While it's nice and all, I think I'd have preferred something with a bit more imagination, at least a colour tee other than white or black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    While it's nice and all, I think I'd have preferred something with a bit more imagination, at least a colour tee other than white or black.

That's not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

One thing about that tee is it's a straight scan of the Japanese Super Mario Kart cover.

Super_Mario_Kart_Sweater_1024x1024.jpg?v=1503859317

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Asus X540L wrote: »
    That's not fair.

What now?

I'm not being fair.... to Penney's?

This is good example
    499053_1.jpg

It's still a straight enough scan of the cover/promo art for Twinbee, but it uses the colour of the tee for better effect.
    I bought this one myself, but got it in a faded yellow, to better match the original artwork
    Twinbee_flyer.png

• Advertisement

It's an awesome Mario Kart shirt available in our very own Penney's on the high street!

It's great quality and costs only 9 euro, and if you're lucky you'll find it in the reduced rack at some stage for three euro

If you want fancy, borderline illegal arty designs go on Qweertee or similar m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's an awesome Mario Kart shirt available in our very own Penney's on the high street!

It's great quality and costs only 9 euro, and if you're lucky you'll find it in the reduced rack at some stage for three euro

Also, if you're lucky enough to have recently bought a pair of palm tree motif shorts but you never bothered checking the size so they're too small, you've got €9 worth of store credit for your local Penny's.

Free Mario Kart tshirt!

What. A. Day.

Thanks for the heads up!

Well, yes, I do buy designs from Qwertee and Teefury.
    And I've bought plenty of official licensed tees from Penney's, like my recent N64 and Tempest ones.
    I would just say that I was making an observation about that tee and it wasn't a personal attack... so, might want to cool the jets there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is there going to be as much complaining about a €9 t-shirt as there is about the Switch online service?

I'll tell you what though Nintendo fans love to complain way more than any other console fans I've ever come across. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

That's a lot of emotion for a T-shirt. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    That's a lot of emotion for a T-shirt. :confused:

T-Shirts are the nerds' tribal tattoos (Because while many of us endeavour to have enough skin to display all of our loyalties, and many of us succeed, most of it is hidden in folds - we need the sleek, straight lines of the Tee!). Wars have been fought over less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there going to be as much complaining about a €9 t-shirt as there is about the Switch online service?

I'll tell you what though Nintendo fans love to complain way more than any other console fans I've ever come across. :pac:

sure for just over 2 tshirts theres your year paid for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would you nerds really wear that outside?

Banjo wrote: »
    T-Shirts are the nerds' tribal tattoos (Because while many of us endeavour to have enough skin to display all of our loyalties, and many of us succeed, most of it is hidden in folds - we need the sleek, straight lines of the Tee!). Wars have been fought over less.

Yeah, but they tend to tire quickly, particularly when the inhalers need refilling.

And I'm not in bad shape, for 46!

There was a time when such shirts only came from reps who came into shops to push their games with the staff, hence why I still have my Rez tee, my spouse disposed of my OG Wipeout tee, an act I have yet to forgive her for!

But, now that everyone seems to be selling them, it's getting a little harder to be different.

But it is great to see Penney's bringing in stuff from the likes of Bioworld, who make very good stuff indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Yeah, but they tend to tire quickly, particularly when the inhalers need refilling.

And I'm not in bad shape, for 46!

There was a time when such shirts only came from reps who came into shops to push their games with the staff, hence why I still have my Rez tee, my spouse disposed of my OG Wipeout tee, an act I have yet to forgive her for!

But, now that everyone seems to be selling them, it's getting a little harder to be different.

But it is great to see Penney's bringing in stuff from the likes of Bioworld, who make very good stuff indeed.

Jealous AF. One of my favorite games. Got a photo by any chance? I'm curious as to what it would even look like.

Condolences on the loss. Hopefully you'll be able to look your wife in the eyes again some day :D

Pac1Man wrote: »

Fedora, trench coat and a usually has a sword.

So, moving the Tee shirt discussion its own... thread, and I figure it's a good place to discuss or highlight wearable goodies for everyone's favourite gaming company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    What about those of us that have both nerdy tees and nerdy tattoos???
    Not that particular one, simply because I'm not a fan of that particular design. But otherwise, yes.

One of my favourite gaming (well, crossover-gaming) tshirts so far is this design, on a black shirt:

Mad Mar Rainbow Road Artist's page: https://jpzilla.deviantart.com/art/MAD-MAR-Rainbow-Road-539284690

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's amazing. :)

Shut your God damned whore mouth

• Advertisement

There's a lot of people out there wearing clothes with niche branding on them these days, but they are unlikely to understand the source.

I was wearing an Atari tee and some kid in my son's youth club threw a statement at me that 2600 Pacman was great, to which I responded that everyone knew it was sh1t. The young fella then told my son that his dad was cool..... which I am....

There's a lot of people out there wearing clothes with niche branding on them these days, but they are unlikely to understand the source.

I was wearing an Atari tee and some kid in my son's youth club threw a statement at me that 2600 Pacman was great, to which I responded that everyone knew it was sh1t. The young fella then told my son that his dad was cool..... which I am....

You are yeah

Did you just make up that story :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you just make up that story :pac:

Oddly enough, no I didn't.
    Took me by surprise as well....

I've been wearing video game/science fiction related shirts for decades and only about three people have ever seen fit to mention them... once was Rez, another was a callout for my Firefly tee and more recently the tale told in the above post.

It means that, given the rate of interest by the great unwashed, it'll be sometime in 2026 before anyone comments on a tee again.

Saddened too that the only person who "gets" my various HP Lovecraft tee shirts is my son, and only then because I indoctrinated him into the cosmic horror genre over his 15 years on the planet.

You are yeah

Bit of mean streak there Asus.... might want to play a bit of Kirby, have a more positive outlook before that ulcer gets too big to manage

Bit of mean streak there Asus.... might want to play a bit of Kirby, have a more positive outlook before that ulcer gets too big to manage

Ah shuta upa your face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is there such a thing as Nintendo themed handbags?

Could be a market for that, I feel.

(Joking!)

Ah shuta upa your face

We'll assume for the moment this is good natured banter.
    Otherwise it would be uncivil, and against the forun/site charter.

We'll assume for the moment this is good natured banter.
    Otherwise it would be uncivil, and against the forun/site charter.

You told me I'm going to die from ulcers m8

• Advertisement

You told me I'm going to die from ulcers m8

No he said to came down before your ulcer got out of hand.

I hadn't come across you recently but your posts do come across very rude/confrontational.

Advertisement