Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Fault, no repair, THREE WEEKS ON

Options
  • 11-05-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I reported a strange fault where I still had broadband but not voice on, or about 19th April - received a call next day from technician who said the fault was a card at the exchange and was now repaired.

The repair lasted a couple of hours at most. I understand a number of other subscribers are also affected. I have reported this fault several times, received acknowledgement from Eir, but no repair. This beggars belief. I can't get anyone to take a complaint by phone because I am a vodafone customer but I have sent in an email.

I suspect it would take less time to convert us all to fibre optic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

aare wrote: »
    Hi,
    I reported a strange fault where I still had broadband but not voice on, or about 19th April - received a call next day from technician who said the fault was a card at the exchange and was now repaired.

The repair lasted a couple of hours at most. I understand a number of other subscribers are also affected. I have reported this fault several times, received acknowledgement from Eir, but no repair. This beggars belief. I can't get anyone to take a complaint by phone because I am a vodafone customer but I have sent in an email.

I suspect it would take less time to convert us all to fibre optic.
    Hi aare ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

• Eir engineers called me on Friday and informed me that it is a software fault after a board blew out and had to be replaced at the exchange
    • They apologised for the delay and explain that they were not receiving any notification that the fault was ongoing, because nobody seemed to be calling in about it (*as long as you check a pre-existing, unresolved fault on any provider you are informed that there is nothing further tech support can do)
    • I explained that I had called in to Vodafone several times, they had not received the notification and assumed that was vodafone's fault
    • Any attempt by a service provider to report and ongoing fault runs into a similar systemic roadblock to *
    • Vodafone called me on Monday to arrange a call out for the same engineers who called me on Friday - the first time he could arrange was wednesday.
    • Thomas, very kindly, told me to go forth and report it to vodafone (see above)

Nobody is at fault in this except the moron who designed the fault report system in a way that actively obstructs the resolution of long term, widespread faults in this way. Eir gets paid to service and maintain EVERY line in use, whether directly by end user or in bulk by provider, there should be a central fault report line (similar to ESB networks) accessible to all end users to report faults...it would only save a fortune.

Somebody needs to wake up and sort this out. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

• Eir engineers called me on Friday and informed me that it is a software fault after a board blew out and had to be replaced at the exchange
    • They apologised for the delay and explain that they were not receiving any notification that the fault was ongoing, because nobody seemed to be calling in about it (*as long as you check a pre-existing, unresolved fault on any provider you are informed that there is nothing further tech support can do)
    • I explained that I had called in to Vodafone several times, they had not received the notification and assumed that was vodafone's fault
    • Any attempt by a service provider to report and ongoing fault runs into a similar systemic roadblock to *
    • Vodafone called me on Monday to arrange a call out for the same engineers who called me on Friday - the first time he could arrange was wednesday.
    • Thomas, very kindly, told me to go forth and report it to vodafone (see above)

[*]

Nobody is at fault in this except the moron who designed the fault report system in a way that actively obstructs the resolution of long term, widespread faults in this way. Eir gets paid to service and maintain EVERY line in use, whether directly by end user or in bulk by provider, there should be a central fault report line (similar to ESB networks) accessible to all end users to report faults...it would only save a fortune.

Somebody needs to wake up and sort this out. 
    [*]
    I completely understand your frustration here and I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. The technician will get you back up and running as soon as possible. 

Apologies for the delays incurred and all inconvenience caused. I understand this is frustrating. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Thanks Tracey,

No sooner opened the page than the phone rang and they have line back up and running...some kind of power issues destroyed components in the exchange...

But PLEASE pass my comments on a central repair line back up the line...until now, ordinary faults have not been a problem, I call they are sorted in days (very rural here) but it is obvious that there will continue to be a problem with longer running faults over wier areas, and nobody needs that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks Tracey,

No sooner opened the page than the phone rang and they have line back up and running...some kind of power issues destroyed components in the exchange...

But PLEASE pass my comments on a central repair line back up the line...until now, ordinary faults have not been a problem, I call they are sorted in days (very rural here) but it is obvious that there will continue to be a problem with longer running faults over wier areas, and nobody needs that.
    I'm glad to hear your service is back up and running again. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the relevant team for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement