Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM card for HKC GSM-P

Options
  • 11-05-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. Recently came across a HKC GSM-P unit. Considering connecting it to my existing HKC 8/12.I understand this GSM unit was designed to work with a 2G Sim. Vodafone can supply a tri-band Sim card , which the sales person says should work. Has anyone experience of using this Vodafone Sim in this arrangement? Appreciate any feedback.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When he says tri band I presume that's 2g/3g/4g
    As long as it's 2g enabled it should be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

It will need to be a full size sim card...I know I had awful difficulty a few years back trying to get a 2g sim card that would fit a vehicle tracker. In the end, https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/ was the only one that would work

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think most are the perforated ones now & you just pop out if you need the smaller options.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

KoolKid wrote: »
    I think most are the perforated ones now & you just pop out if you need the smaller options.

Plus you can buy adaptors for a euro or two to convert micro and nano sim cards into full size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tcrmt

Thank you KoolKid , fletch and bk for your replies. All were useful and correct. I bought a Vodafone Pay as You Go, which still has 2G , and comes as a large format Sim. It works perfectly and the GSM-P gives great connectivity to my now legacy 8/12. In order to register for MyVodafone to keep in touch with the usage on the Sim, I needed to install the Sim into a suitable mobile phone which I happen to have. I have read somewhere that Vodafone plan to keep the 2 G Network in operation for Ireland until 2013.

• Advertisement
Advertisement