Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting out of phone contract with eir

Options
  • 11-05-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

hi guys wondering if you offer up advice i signed up for a contract with meteor back 2016 and didn't sign with eir. so today rang eir they offered to give me upgrade early but the upgrade prices and the same as for new customer as it is for older customers so 299 for new customer and upgrade price same 299. want to get new Samsung s9+ for 299 on three. is any way of getting out of contract

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

swanie29 wrote: »
    hi guys wondering if you offer up advice i signed up for a contract with meteor back 2016 and didn't sign with eir. so today rang eir they offered to give me upgrade early but the upgrade prices and the same as for new customer as it is for older customers so 299 for new customer and upgrade price same 299. want to get new Samsung s9+ for 299 on three. is any way of getting out of contract
    Hi swanie29 ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭swanie29

Hi swanie29 ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

eir response there nothing i can do
    there loads they can do but chose not that the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi swanie29 ,

Thanks 

Thomas

eir response there nothing i can do
    there loads they can do but chose not that the difference
    We do not deal with upgrades here, unfortunately.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

We do not deal with upgrades here, unfortunately.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas
    the whole point is that I want out of my contract I never asked to be with eir I was with meteor not eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Unfortunately you would be unable to break the contract on the basis of this as there has been no change to your existing contract or mobile plan.

If you want to end the contract early, you would be required to pay for the remainder of the contract in full.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Unfortunately you would be unable to break the contract on the basis of this as there has been no change to your existing contract or mobile plan.

If you want to end the contract early, you would be required to pay for the remainder of the contract in full.

Thanks,

Sarah
    I signed contact with Meteor in Oct 2016 and checked my contract and there no mention of eir in this contract

Thanks,

Sarah
    I signed contact with Meteor in Oct 2016 and checked my contract and there no mention of eir in this contract
    I understand this and I can advise that when you signed up with Meteor they were a standalone brand already with the eir group however now they have simply rebranded to eir therefore nothing has changed. You can read this in full here.

https://www.eir.ie/pressroom/Meteor-rebrands-to-eir/

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks,

Sarah
    I understand this and I can advise that when you signed up with Meteor they were a standalone brand already with the eir group however now they have simply rebranded to eir therefore nothing has changed. You can read this in full here.

Thanks,

Sarah
    If i might add you don't offer any promo's the way meteor IE free cinema tickets or food deals

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks,

Sarah
    If i might add you don't offer any promo's the way meteor IE free cinema tickets or food deals
    The Meteor extras offer ended prior to the rebranding to allow Meteor to further invest in improving their plans which is why this service did not carry over.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement