Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to block or mute a user who won't leave me alone?

Options
  • 11-05-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Pretty self-explanatory. I just want to browse what I browse and mute the people who think they're entitled to my time to have an argument without civility.

I am on the mobile version and I can't see any option to do that. I tried to search for "help" or "blocking" but no luck.

I don't want to report the person because I don't care what he does as long as it doesn't intrude on my time. I just want to pretend I live in a world where he doesn't exist.

Other social media platforms always have that option, and I wonder if boards does.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The block user function works (kind-of) on PC version (legacy).
    Doesn't work on mobile app which I too find frustrating.

From previous threads, there are no plans to develop the app or correct anomalies (which there are plenty).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

erudec wrote: »
    Pretty self-explanatory. I just want to browse what I browse and mute the people who think they're entitled to my time to have an argument without civility.

I am on the mobile version and I can't see any option to do that. I tried to search for "help" or "blocking" but no luck.

I don't want to report the person because I don't care what he does as long as it doesn't intrude on my time. I just want to pretend I live in a world where he doesn't exist.

Other social media platforms always have that option, and I wonder if boards does.

On the Legacy site, you can ignore someone by clicking on their name and selecting "Add _____ to Ignore List". This unfortunately doesn't carry through to the mobile site (unless you scroll down to the Footer and select Full Site, but navigation will be trickier in this view).
    The block user function works (kind-of) on PC version (legacy).
    Doesn't work on mobile app which I too find frustrating.

From previous threads, there are no plans to develop the app or correct anomalies (which there are plenty).

There are no plans to develop the mobile app currently. However, work is being done on the mobile Touch site, taking previous feedback into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There are no plans to develop the mobile app currently. However, work is being done on the mobile Touch site, taking previous feedback into account.

I understand.

Won't be using mobile Touch site for reasons already given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

erudec wrote: »

I use the touch site 99% of the time and if you have someone on your ignore list their posts are completely hidden unless someone quotes them then you will see the quoted text. Other than that they are invisible.

Its fantastic.

Advertisement