Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulsterbank Money Transfer Charges?

• 11-05-2018 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Is there any charge for an electronic transfer of money, approx 10,000 euro, from my personal euro current a/c using the online Anytime Banking service to pay another person who banks with Permanent TSB?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Whenever I needed to make a transfer I had the option of express and they charge you a fee or wait 2 or 3 working days and they charge you nothing. I only get charged the monthly fee regardless of transfers/payments I do using the app.
    That said I don't know if there are any charges on the other side but as far as I know they never told me anything and that includes international transfers

I hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

During the process you're asked if you want express, at a small charge, or free(2-3day). It has usually gone through in a day for me with no fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

alanowx wrote: »
    Is there any charge for an electronic transfer of money, approx 10,000 euro, from my personal euro current a/c using the online Anytime Banking service to pay another person who banks with Permanent TSB?

Thanks.

There is no additional charge for the transfer. As it is a SEPA transfer, it should reach the PTSB account on the subsequent working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

Thanks one and all.

Completed transaction on Friday, did not notice or was not asked about express option, but it did advise it would go through in 1 working day. Money taken from account immediately and as yet no indication of fees.

I have free banking anyway and would be annoyed if the charge was more than 2/3 euro, ie cost of b draft, as the two banks are physically located 100 yards apart and I could have done it the old fashion way of withdrawal / lodgement.

As far I can see from inspecting their "Guide to Personal Account Fees and Interest" their is a charge of 24.50e for an Interbank Domestic Transfer same day "via paper", whatever that means.

Funny thing happened, looking back now, and the reason for posting., I'd say within 60 secs of doing the above transaction the Account Balance was reduced by the amount as expected but it also showed the Available Balance to be 24.50 down on that. This meant there was a pending transaction yet to show to the value of 24.50. So naturally I thought WTF - they can't be serious charging 24.50 for electronic transfer within 2 Irish banks

Well that transaction showed up yesterday and guess what - totally unrelated and pure coincidence, one I had forgotten about.

Sorry UB - all forgiven. Today's lesson - don't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

view?usp=sharing

Advertisement