Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

JimBurnley wrote: »
    yeah, own credits and own trust at each camp. to be fair you build them up pretty quick if you do the camp's missions, by the time you have the trust built up to have access to buy the good stuff you should have built up the credits also to be able to afford them

I never twigged that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I never twigged that at all!

I only kopped on after I got to Iron Mike's to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Is it possible to see the end credits without having to do all the bounty hunter missions etc.? I do want to finish it, the narrative has me interested enough that I need to see it through, but the pacing is starting to put me to sleep. I'm at the stage where I'm audibly groaning at this stage whenever I hear that ****ing radio go off and someone tells me they have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

goon_magee wrote: »
    Is it possible to see the end credits without having to do all the bounty hunter missions etc.? I do want to finish it, the narrative has me interested enough that I need to see it through, but the pacing is starting to put me to sleep. I'm at the stage where I'm audibly groaning at this stage whenever I hear that ****ing radio go off and someone tells me they have a job.

I'm pretty sure you can. Just stick to the main storyline (the one marked with the gold triangle) and drive around for a bit if there's no main mission available. Although sometimes they bake bounty hunting/camp clearing into the story.

Once you see the credits I'd just watch the extra scenes on youtube because it took me another hour or two to see the final cutscene that's only a minute or two long.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can. Just stick to the main storyline (the one marked with the gold triangle) and drive around for a bit if there's no main mission available. Although sometimes they bake bounty hunting/camp clearing into the story.

Once you see the credits I'd just watch the extra scenes on youtube because it took me another hour or two to see the final cutscene that's only a minute or two long.

Cheers man, I genuinely never even noticed the little triangle, didn't realise that signalled main story quest at all! I'll do that then so, I think I'll probably enjoy it a lot more now I know to just follow the critical path objectives.

• Advertisement

goon_magee wrote: »
    Cheers man, I genuinely never even noticed the little triangle, didn't realise that signalled main story quest at all! I'll do that then so, I think I'll probably enjoy it a lot more now I know to just follow the critical path objectives.

I think the main mission route is always marked in yellow whilst camp side missions are in red

Finished up the last of the hordes and the last few trophies I needed for the platinim tonight. Overall I enjoyed it and would give it a 7 in its current state and an 8 once they patch the remaining frame rate drops and texture loading glitches.

If I had to compare it to another playstation exclusive it'd be the original uncharted; good but not great but just like uncharted 2 I could see the sequel to this blowing people away if they iron out the kinks and expand on the positives like the hordes.

I'd say wait for a sale if you're interested because by that time it'll probably have another few patches.

Some general tips from my playthrough:

-You can refuel at petrol stations and there's always a can of petrol at a nero site or ambush camp and they're usually hidden at the back of houses/next to cars so you're never far from fuel.

-In the later game there's a lot of nests to burn and I was running out of kerosene to make molotovs so instead I'd make an incendiary bolt for the crossbow. You get 3 bolts for 1 kerosene so it makes a big difference.

-If you ever see a side mission available (marked with a white triangle) they're time sensitive so if you progress the story you'll miss them. It doesn't matter but they are really easy xp which helps towards getting the skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just did the mission at Iron Mike's to get the Det cord. ****ing hell that was epic, start to long finish.

Also, as for the present you get Boozer
    that puppy better not die!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just did the mission at Iron Mike's to get the Det cord. ****ing hell that was epic, start to long finish.

Just did that also today. Brought so many genuine feelings out, I'll say no more to avoid spoilers but epic is a good description.

Found the sawhill horde on the mission before that, holy ####! I'll be avoiding that area for a while...

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Just did that also today. Brought so many genuine feelings out, I'll say no more to avoid spoilers but epic is a good description.

Found the sawhill horde on the mission before that, holy ####! I'll be avoiding that area for a while...

Same man, chased a bounty at the saw mill, the horde got him before I did, I was just about able to collect the proof and leg it with a breaker chasing me down.

As for the mission, even though they didn't show it, the scene
    Carlos
    was referring to, I could picture very well because they showed that ritual being done to 2 people on sons of anarchy. Loved the little twist on who he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Remember the Gamespot review that said Deacon's rule of not killing unarmed women is never examined.
    and then I played the scene where the girl is left for dead with two broken legs and he has to smother her to stop her from getting eaten alive as they can't carry her

The more i play the more I'm convinced the reviewers just all made up their minds from chatting on their group chats and didn't actually play it.

• Think I'm on the final mission :(

The last 6 hours have been savage

Remember the Gamespot review that said Deacon's rule of not killing unarmed women is never examined.
    and then I played the scene where the girl is left for dead with two broken legs and he has to smother her to stop her from getting eaten alive as they can't carry her

The more i play the more I'm convinced the reviewers just all made up their minds from chatting on their group chats and didn't actually play it.

That was such a great ****ing scene. Actually on the edge of my seat
    when the camera panned down to show her legs, it really showed how ****ed up the rippers are. I thought Deek would use his knife but the way he ended it, such a personal feel to it. From the very start of the mission, I knew Skizzo was leading me out there to call in the bounty on my head but I have to admit, I went back and forth a few times thinking maybe he was there to help me.... Down to the last second when he turned on me.

Also, Iron Mike at the end sticking with his neutral stance but showing he's not to be ****ed with either. Excellent performance from his VA in that scene.

I think that's one of the best 'missions' I've played in a game in years. 10 times more memorable than any mission in RDR 2.

Hit a point of no return message last night...
    heading south to look for Sarah, message said I won't be able to return to northern regions. I hesitated but a quick Google told me I can go back after I complete the story which I'm really glad as I have a few camps, Nero stations, bounties to do but don't want to take a break in the story.

Glad I visited Sarah's stone before heading down. Nice little clip which would have been missable.

I did the mission last night that everyone here was raving about. Agree that it was a great mission, and proof that Bend can create great set pieces to bolster the narrative when needs be. It's just a pity that up until that point the game literally feels like one big long side quest at times due to lack of mission variety.

I can definitely appreciate the complaints a lot of reviews had in that the best parts of the game are saved for the last third or quarter with the first three quarters absolutely lacking in quality when compared. It seems an odd way to pace your game and I think the narrative/structural changes the game underwent are likely to blame. Here is hoping a sequel with a smoother development can help iron out those issues. As good as the game has gotten, it's nagging at me that it's taken this long to really get going.

How close to the end is that mission anyway? I'm hoping to have this wrapped up for Rage 2 on Tuesday. Ordinarily I'd just finish one game before moving on to another, but Rage 2 looks too damn fun to hold off. I'm just afraid that if I don't finish Days Gone I won't come back cause as much as I've enjoyed my time with it in the end I'm definitely ready for it to be over.

I think getting bogged down in the side quests hurt your experience. I mainly did main quests and used the side quests as a break from the intense parts, or if i just felt like pottering to just boost access to better stuff. But as soon as i felt them getting samey i got back on the Yellow triangle main quests. Kept things moving nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really enjoying this. Clearing out nests earlier and saw a horde returning to their cave. Suddenly a random wolf leps on a straggler. This wasn't particular alarming but the fact I was in a bush beside the wolf was.
    Fleeing for my life, horde behind me, thanking god I'd staminad up twice when a fc**ing sniper starts shooting at me

Decided we'd all go down together and ran at the sniper, managed to jump off a small cliff, horde ate everyone else, lovely loot.

• Poetically written as always @gimli

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A nero injector case was in a cave. Only problem was the cave was full of zombies so they chased me out of the place. So I drew some out and killed them, did it a few times but there was still more zombies there. I eventually lured the rest out so I could sneak in. Gave myself a nice stamina injection and then listened to the voice recorder left there. Those nero guys on the recording died a horrible death.

Finally a somewhat positive piece in the media. I wonder if the overwhelmingly positive player reception has them rethinking their coverage

https://kotaku.com/i-love-my-beautiful-bike-the-only-friend-i-have-in-day-1834676547/amp

Don't read the spoiler comments !!!

• Advertisement

Finally a somewhat positive piece in the media. I wonder if the overwhelmingly positive player reception has them rethinking their coverage

https://kotaku.com/i-love-my-beautiful-bike-the-only-friend-i-have-in-day-1834676547/amp

Ah fook it, I started reading the comments at the end of the article and some dipshít gave away a pivotal plot point at the end of the game. I'm about 20 hours plus into the game at this stage and had managed to avoid most plot spoilers up to this point. Really annoyed with myself over that...

this is my game of the year until Borderlands 3 comes out and then it probably will be again a few weeks later
    love the characters the story the missions the world, everything

Ah fook it, I started reading the comments at the end of the article and some dipshít gave away a pivotal plot point at the end of the game. I'm about 20 hours plus into the game at this stage and had managed to avoid most plot spoilers up to this point. Really annoyed with myself over that...

Sorry i never even saw them. I hate pricks like that.

Not sure why someone would feel the need to spoil the whole story on an article about the mechanics of the game or why the moderators there would leave it up.

Also their views of the story are blatantly wrong
    Sarah doesn't give up after failing the first time, that's the whole point of her arc in the final third of the game. While everyone else sees them as Freakers and the Colonel sees them as the damned that God has sent him and his "angels" to destroy she sees them as victims to be saved. She leaves the militia once it becomes clear that the Colonel has not intention to save anyone and mentions how she's going to go back to her lab with the electric gates to continue working on the cure.

If there was a sequel I'd imagine it'd center on Sarah working on the cure while Deacon helps her and attempts to keep lost lake safe in light of the after credits scene.

I'll give that article a read later but thanks for the heads up man, sorry it got ruined for you. I just reached a major story point last night in the southern region. As for the region itself
    feels like a nice departure, different landscape and cookery different tone with the NPC's.

• And that's that!

All I will say is what a satisfying ending to great game that gets better with time.

Horde music is horrifying
    Fall damage can be fatal
    If you hit a deer at top speed it will do 19% damage to your bike and a 100% damage to the deer
    More news as it comes in

Just did the Det. Cord mission last night and it really ramps the whole game up. I had been wondering when I would come across
    Lisa
    again and thought maybe I had missed them by not doing one of the white marker missions. Definitely one of the more memorable games for me of this generation. Really enjoying and can't wait to see where it goes. I must admit, the first couple of hours were a bit crappy but it's been on the up and up ever since. Clearing out nests or going to Nero sites has ever really felt like busywork to me while playing the game.

I'm really baffled by the amount of reviewers that said Deek was a completely unlikeable and selfish character. I just don't understand the negativity towards him.

Just did the Det. Cord mission last night and it really ramps the whole game up. I had been wondering when I would come across
    Lisa
    again and thought maybe I had missed them by not doing one of the white marker missions. Definitely one of the more memorable games for me of this generation. Really enjoying and can't wait to see where it goes. I must admit, the first couple of hours were a bit crappy but it's been on the up and up ever since. Clearing out nests or going to Nero sites has ever really felt like busywork to me while playing the game.

I'm really baffled by the amount of reviewers that said Deek was a completely unlikeable and selfish character. I just don't understand the negativity towards him.

I like Deek as a character as well, though I think he can be really juvenile at times. Even some of the faces he pulls when he disagrees with someone bring back memories of the faces my little sh*te of a sister would pull years ago when we would be arguing at the dinner table and someone would put her in her place :pac:.

I have also disagreed with his motivations at times, though that isn't a criticism, it's just the nature of the world they inhabit where everyone has competing interests. Not everyone is going to see eye to eye and I think the strength and relatable nature of the supporting cast are going to lead some people to side with them rather than Deacon. It's similar to the Last of Us or Uncharted, I know loads of people who adore those games but absolutely despise Joel and Nate. It isn't a criticism of the character necessarily, just that they don't agree with their motives at times.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on Tuckers' farm
    the way it's seems like this old lady is helping people but turns out to be a nasty slave camp. I thought they dripped that into the story really well. I had found loads of strangers and sent them there thinking it was better than going to Copelands, then when i arrived one day and saw one of the guys i "saved" getting the crap kicked out of him for not working hard enough. He looked beaten, sick and afraid.

Was one of the few times a game made me regret my choices beyond not unlocking the right power or gun. But in a i should care about npcs

Advertisement