Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thoughts on Tuckers' farm
    the way it's seems like this old lady is helping people but turns out to be a nasty slave camp. I thought they dripped that into the story really well. I had found loads of strangers and sent them there thinking it was better than going to Copelands, then when i arrived one day and saw one of the guys i "saved" getting the crap kicked out of him for not working hard enough. He looked beaten, sick and afraid.

Was one of the few times a game made me regret my choices beyond not unlocking the right power or gun. But in a i should care about npcs
    As soon as I heard Lisa's experiences in the camp, I didn't send anyone else there. I think I done a fetch quest where I had to bring someone back that went missing and they were complaining about conditions in the camp as well. Everyone I rescued was sent to Iron Mike's for the XP boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

As soon as I heard Lisa's experiences in the camp, I didn't send anyone else there. I think I done a fetch quest where I had to bring someone back that went missing and they were complaining about conditions in the camp as well. Everyone I rescued was sent to Iron Mike's for the XP boost.

Same
    although to be fair was as much cos you get no trust points from sending them to Tuckers, just camp credits which never seem to be low to me in any of the camps, trust to get to the top level is harder to come by

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm a fan of the poison bolt. I always watch my enemies puke themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think I'm nearing end game, I'm in the southern region, did a bunch of missions for the 2 camps. I'm still absolutely loving it but a big story point is annoying me. Major spoilers ahead for the southern region below....
    So, been looking for and mourning Sarah for 2 years, finally meet up with her and shes basically a fetch quest mission giver and not a very nice one at that. I get their secrecy given the militia situation they're in but I was genuinely happy for Deek when he found her and now I just miss Boozer and the puppy. This other mothr****er walking around wearing the ring and she's like 'Oh yeah, forgot about that'. This section isn't sitting well with me.'

Weaver just showed me the napalm molotov so not sure how much is left but I'm hoping it ends with me taking down this bollox militia.....after I upgrade my bike first.

• ^On The Above, it becomes much clearer later on. You still have a good bit to go.

• Advertisement

^On The Above, it becomes much clearer later on. You still have a good bit to go.

Awesome :)

Patch 1.08 is live.

Patch notes from Dev.
    Progression Issues

Fixed an issue where players wouldn't be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to "I've Had Better Days"
    Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing ”Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
    Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen

General Fixes

Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
    Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
    Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
    With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
    The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
    Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
    Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes

The current plan for our team is to slow down the amount of patches we release but to add more fixes, features, and optimizations with each patch.

We can't thank you guys enough for your support. Please keep sharing fun clips and photo mode screenshots. We will continue to review your feedback in the comment section, and please submit any bugs you encounter in the comment section below

Took on my first horde as part of the story mission. Jesus that's tense. Got them down to 50% health before running out of ammo and stamina, they made quick work of me. It's mesmerising looking back and seeing the different swarms split up and flank you and then it's back to running like the wind.

Got them on my 3rd attempt, crazy seeing the amount you've killed when you go around collecting their ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Took on my first horde as part of the story mission. Jesus that's tense. Got them down to 50% health before running out of ammo and stamina, they made quick work of me. It's mesmerising looking back and seeing the different swarms split up and flank you and then it's back to running like the wind.

Got them on my 3rd attempt, crazy seeing the amount you've killed when you go around collecting their ears.

Was that the one where you used the napalm molotovs?

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Was that the one where you used the napalm molotovs?

Yupp that's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Mission design has gone to **** again. After a few hours of well paced and written story missions, I'm out here on another series of mindless fetch quests, the most recent being to collect polystyrene cups. It's story padding, there is no other way to describe it. If Bend wanted to drag the game out for this long then they should have upped their game with the mission design.

It's quite clear they wanted a 40 hour game but had no idea how to go about it creatively so just resorted to this absolute nonsense. Its especially frustrating given that the game had finally seemed to ditch the meandering fetch quests in favour of a tighter focus towards the latter half of the Lost Lake storylines.

Definitely some fluff thrown in there for that section, lot of fetch quests. I found the southern map interesting though and upgrading your bike with top engine and fuel tank definitely helps. Raging a lot of people enjoying later game than earlier but I found the opposite. I'm actually really enjoying still but found the latter sections a bit of a lull. I broke it up with camps and nero checkpoints. Some very tough ones sitting right on hordes that spring into action at the littlest noise.

Just got back to northern region, have to be near endgame as all the horde locations are after appearing on my map. Still my GOTY so far.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Definitely some fluff thrown in there for that section, lot of fetch quests. I found the southern map interesting though and upgrading your bike with top engine and fuel tank definitely helps. Raging a lot of people enjoying later game than earlier but I found the opposite. I'm actually really enjoying still but found the latter sections a bit of a lull. I broke it up with camps and nero checkpoints. Some very tough ones sitting right on hordes that spring into action at the littlest noise.

Just got back to northern region, have to be near endgame as all the horde locations are after appearing on my map. Still my GOTY so far.

Yeah I'm still enjoying myself, I just wish they had perhaps paced this section better as it really took the wind out of my sails right when the momentum seemed to be at its peak. I'll keep pushing on though as I get the impression that the story may be about to pick up again very soon.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Yeah I'm still enjoying myself, I just wish they had perhaps paced this section better as it really took the wind out of my sails right when the momentum seemed to be at its peak. I'll keep pushing on though as I get the impression that the story may be about to pick up again very soon.

Yupp agree, there are some great missions which make the fetch quests stand out a bit more. Some minor missions I've done like clearing out a camp have turned epic with the inclusion of a horde which I'm not sure was scripted or not.

I'm actually looking forward to end game to start cleaning up the map, something I rarely do with open world games. As good as the Witcher 3 was, I have an absolute ton of question marks on the map I couldn't be bothered with even after getting the platinum trophy. Speaking of, will definitely try for the plat with this unless I'm completely burned out by end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Was finishing off a ripper camp,got 5 guys down and then the rest of them got eaten by freakers willingly!It was bizzare to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

I also think that days gone would really benefit from a good of war approach to side quests with them being less frequent and more personal they really have alot of depth to them and atreus talking about how some aspects of the sq reflect on him and kratos as people was a nice touch the same sentiment would work great here.also found the words to get fairly easy when you get access to grenades and an lmg, I'd love to see them be smarter and try to out smart you.

Finally finished this yesterday evening. Overall, the positives outweighed the negatives for me, and I'm glad I saw it through till the end. I definitely think the last third of the game was the weakest portion. The pacing falls apart in places, and some of the writing feels a little off.

I think had they cut a few hours from the start of the game, and started things a little closer to you arriving in Lost Lake, and also cut some of the filler from end of the game this would have been a much more positive experience for me. In any event I hope they get a stab at a sequel because with some lessons learned re pacing and mission variety a sequel could be something special.

Patch 1.09 is live, 12.8gb. fairly hefty, no idea what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wtf 13 gig patch. More zombies?

Unlike the other game I'm playing at the moment there's nothing major they need fix here.

Took this off a FB page I follow:

Days Gone Update 1.09 patch notes
    Fixed Progression Issues.
    Added fixes for crashing issues with Days Gone 1.09.
    Added stuttering and lag fixes.
    Days Gone 1.09 fixed framerate drop issues.
    Various performance and stability improvements.
    Added fixes for glitches with Days Gone version 1.09.
    Added minor bug fixes and changes.

• Advertisement

I get noticeable stuttering which I read happens when you get the fastest engine so will be easy to see if that's fixed or not. I've read other people had issues where certain missions wouldn't unlock and the marauder camp storyline could not be completed so might did them as well.

Took on my 2nd horde last night, wrecked them on my first go. Napalm Molotovs and Chicago SMG FTW.

I have a significant issue with hordes in that every time I hear the horde music I want to run away. I don't want to take them on until I have certain perks unlocked..... or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Where's the baby horde at that so I can get my teeth into on. Something easy with very few zombies and lots of escape routes.

Also found frame rate stutter after bike upgrades, hopefully this update fixes that. Actually found the game crashed for the first time on me last night, no obvious reason why. It was past 1am so was a good reason to shut it down and go to bed. Of course I just closed the game then booted it up again for another go (couldn't go to bed thinking the game might be bust!)

Regarding hordes, I'm certainly no expert, done around 5-6, but the easiest I found is fairly north on the map near a train wreck, think it's also near a Nero checkpoint (Horse lake)? Anyhow, little tip for that one
    there's plenty of explosives lying round that you can try lure them near then blow them up en mass. Also, there's a few dumpsters which are great for when they're chasing you, just dive in one and they wander away after a short while. You can then jump out, stealth kill a few as they're wandering away before any notice you again. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I found some of the hordes at the north west corner of the map small to the point that I was surprised they counted as hordes though I was clearing them with end game weapons tbf.

I guess those are the ones you should go after first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I have a significant issue with hordes in that every time I hear the horde music I want to run away. I don't want to take them on until I have certain perks unlocked..... or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Where's the baby horde at that so I can get my teeth into on. Something easy with very few zombies and lots of escape routes.

First Horde I took out (and easiest imo) was by the Nero checkpoint just north of your mountain base of operations. It's the Nero place with the train, mass grave on one side of the tracks, on the other a lake.

There's a ot of explosives scattered around (usually a good sign a horde frequents the place).

After numerous attempts, the tactics that won the day:
    There is a fuel tanker in the middle of the mass grave. On previous deaths I noticed the horde would split to flow around it. SO I lured them towards it with molotovs/ gunfire, and when I rounded the tanker, turned around and shot it.

I was killed in the explosion, as was the majority of the horde, but on the next attempt, with a bit of space, the explosion wiped out the majority of the horde and I moped up the stragglers.

I had around 4 Stamina upgrades, but no explosive recipes unlocked at that time.

yeah I have seen some that seem ok but I'm not really at the point where I can take them on. I don't have the napalm, bullet penetration or a lot of stamina at present. Once I sort this out it'll be grand. I could do with better weapons but for the early hordes it will be fine. I'm sure. Kinda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I haven't killed any hordes yet but I've made my way south. I presume I can back over the mountain at some stage to take on the hordes in the north?

I haven't killed any hordes yet but I've made my way south. I presume I can back over the mountain at some stage to take on the hordes in the north?

Yupp, you end up going back north and all the hordes (40 in total i think) locations appear on your map to go and hunt as an end game mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I am about 2 hours into this and have a shítty rifle and a pistol which are no good when 3 or 4 of them freakers are coming at you! How and when can I get a better gun?

• Advertisement

you need to get a big stick and hammer nails into it, get the perk that allows you to fix it with scrap and you're good to go for the 3-4 zombie packs. It can take quite some time before you unlock better weapons and make them useful through ranking up.

I'm a lot further in and have an AR now which still isn't great but it's better than the rifle. Crossbow will be in your safe which packs a punch but it's a slow reload.

Advertisement