Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

mutley18 wrote: »
    I am about 2 hours into this and have a shítty rifle and a pistol which are no good when 3 or 4 of them freakers are coming at you! How and when can I get a better gun?

It's a long time before your weapons get anyway decent. You start to get a bit better aiming with the weapons you have and improving your focus helps a lot.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you need to get a big stick and hammer nails into it, get the perk that allows you to fix it with scrap and you're good to go for the 3-4 zombie packs. It can take quite some time before you unlock better weapons and make them useful through ranking up.

I'm a lot further in and have an AR now which still isn't great but it's better than the rifle. Crossbow will be in your safe which packs a punch but it's a slow reload.

I ditched the crossbow and went with the sniper rifle for my special weapon. I've found that so handy for taking out camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I haven't tried the sniper, I think I used it once from a pick up. I love the stealthiness of the crossbow and it packs a fair punch. Plus I can make ammo out of trees. Man I'm so prepared for the zombie apocalypse. I'll know what to do just not how to do it.

I haven't tried the sniper, I think I used it once from a pick up. I love the stealthiness of the crossbow and it packs a fair punch. Plus I can make ammo out of trees. Man I'm so prepared for the zombie apocalypse. I'll know what to do just not how to do it.

You can stick a suppressor on the sniper rifle which makes a big difference in terms of sneak attacks. If that runs out though, you start attracting freakers with each shot that can gather quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I spent the first half of the game mostly using melee as guns were pretty useless. Now I'm going guns blazing with the weapons I got, the combat progression feels really good in this.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Might be a daft question, but what's an AMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Might be a daft question, but what's an AMA?

Ask Me Anything.

At the story mission with the horde at the petrol station and the napalm Molotovs. It's really hard. Can only get it about half down. Annoyingly the mission just starts after the previous so i had no time to change weapons and ended u with a sniper rifle making it even harder. Think ill need to reload a save file.

At the story mission with the horde. It's really hard. Can only get about half down. Annoyingly the mission just starts so i have a sniper rifle making it even harder. Think ill need to reload a bit.

Is that by the petrol station? The napalm Molotovs do serious damage of you can lob a few into the feeding pit before letting it. Also, the other guy has free ammo on his bike you can collect.

• Advertisement

I seem to get spotted very quickly by the horde. Can't get close enough to lob a cocktail. I think i just need two guns with lots of bullets.

Sawmill horde mission.... Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I didn't mind that one tbh.

I've seen a tactic I'm going to employ. It involves a little bit of vegetation, lots of throwables and sneakiness.

I've seen a tactic I'm going to employ. It involves a little bit of vegetation, lots of throwables and sneakiness.

I was able to sneak in and cover their feeding pit with napalm just like my other way which got rid of about a third of them straight away. I was doing well until I decided to hop on my bike to get some distance. Square button never worked and I when I pressed R2 to drive off, he just swung his bat straight into the horde. Bad times. Doable bit there's an awful lot of them with not much explosives around like other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That's definitely the biggest horde in the game. Think I got over 500 ears when I was finished it and don't think I picked them all up either.

I'm not afraid to admit that I cheesed it by throwing a few explosives then drawing them over to the small river/stream where they all run into the little dry patch in the middle making them easier to kill. If you run up the hill on the other side of the river the horde usually splits and half of them will go back to their nest.

I did that 3 times so I effectively ended up fighting 3 smaller hordes instead. I also left my bike on top of the hill so I could pick up ammo in between.

Afaik if you fail the mission a good few times it lets you skip it anyway without any penalty.

as a matter of interest if they wander off do they regain in strength

And roll credits, absolutely ****ing love this game. Going straight for the platinum now.

It's user score is considerably higher than the critic score on metacritic, which I often think is impressive when you consider all the zeros on the user side.

It's user score is considerably higher than the critic score on metacritic, which I often think is impressive when you consider all the zeros on the user side.

I said it before it came out that it would get mid reviews but once players played it the user score would be closer to 8 or 9 because players are more invested in the experience.

• Advertisement

And roll credits, absolutely ****ing love this game. Going straight for the platinum now.

Well done! Not quite there yet but still absolutely loving this game. Just wondering how close I am to the end? I just got to
    back to Lost Lake and done the first proper mission back, clearing a horde so Boozer can drive the truck through for supplies

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Well done! Not quite there yet but still absolutely loving this game. Just wondering how close I am to the end? I just got to
    back to Lost Lake and done the first proper mission back, clearing a horde so Boozer can drive the truck through for supplies

Very close, just a couple of more missions before the finale. Still new missions popping up for me after the credits to keep me going while I clean up the map. I also here there's a secret ending that triggers after a while of playing.

Very close, just a couple of more missions before the finale. Still new missions popping up for me after the credits to keep me going while I clean up the map. I also here there's a secret ending that triggers after a while of playing.

Cheers, good to know there's still more to do after the main missions. All the horde locations just triggered for me, which no doubt will distract me further from the story. As good as the story is, I find destroying a horde is the most fun & satisfying (and terrifying!) part of this game

Cleared the petrol station horde. That was some epic battle.

Credits rolling. Bleary eyed but worth staying up.

What a great game. Outside of the tiny bit of repetitiveness with the camp clearing (which i still enjoyed) i loved every bit if it.

Hopefully there is some dlc soon and a sequel.

I had a good few storylines under 100% when I finished the game and I figured I missed some things but missions are popping up giving the closure, very nicely done and fits the pace more. I just can't decide on a custom paint job to use, some absolutely class ones but I keep going back to 'how'd he survive this long' (electric blue skulls on black).

I drove bang into the middle of a horde feeding last night, took the **** out of me and dead in seconds. I repaid the favour immediately. Definitely one of the smaller hordes but still felt good.

I also unlocked an AR with permanent silencer but my Chicago machine gun is too damn good.

There is so much hidden for you to discover. I remember stopping at some random house. No mission or any reason to be there but inside I found a Nero recorder. That gave huge insight into what Sarah was doing. If I hadn’t been pottering about i’d Never have found it.

I’m still looking forward to more exploring. The way the game is still very much alive after finishing it is great. I hate in games when you get the best guns at the end and have it for one mission.

They can now introduce dlc easily into the world and make it believable, like another faction or mutation has shown up.

On a side note I remember Colin Moriarty saying there was no reason for people only using bikes and it’s never explained why they don’t drive cars. But there is a bit where they are driving through the tunnels and they are all blocked up so only a bike can get through and Sarah says no wonder no one drives cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

To be fair to Moriarty he does reference that explanation in the same video, he elaborates and says its more that the explanation they give is false as the world isn't as congested as they make it out to be, and there is no reason why cars wouldn't be practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I personally don't want DLC unless it's going to mirror the pace and focus of the latter half of the Lost Lake storylines. If they put out a 6 - 10 hour expansion that's padded out in the same way as the very beginning and the final third then I'd have no interest. I'd rather they move on from this and start work on a sequel that trims some of the fat and builds on the great foundation they put in place.

• Advertisement

I really hope they get the green light for a sequel. This game has one of the best enemies in years, would have no problem fighting off freakers again but there would be scope for mutations and new human enemies. I'd love to venture into a denser city as well but keep the open world. Saying that, I'd drop money on dlc in a second. I'm not sure if I'll do the survival walkthrough when it's out, will see.

Advertisement