Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the secret ending, in the words of Deek
    what the ****!

Now for the platinum I need 2 more camps to hit level 3, taking out a few hordes should help that. 51 more collectibles, 5 more skill points and 7 more anarchist cairns to kick.

The collectibles might be a pain as only a couple historical markers on my map. Definitely looking up a guide for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got the secret ending, in the words of Deek
    what the ****!

Now for the platinum I need 2 more camps to hit level 3, taking out a few hordes should help that. 51 more collectibles, 5 more skill points and 7 more anarchist cairns to kick.

The collectibles might be a pain as only a couple historical markers on my map. Definitely looking up a guide for that.

Nero Intel, listening to Cope's radio and the songs at Lost Lake, plus cutting the cord on the Ripper sermons all count. Also check out inside petrol stations and shops for local brochures.

I'm one anarchist stone and skill point short. Also need an ambush camp and the 5 second drift.

All in all, absolutely brilliant game, there's been some crackers in last few years but this is my favourite, not as polished as others but the most damn fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

JimBurnley wrote:
    I'm one anarchist stone and skill point short. Also need an ambush camp and the 5 second drift.

If you hold circle and spin around In a circle it counts for the drift trophy

I need that 5 second drift as well but it's the nitro one and need level 3 nitro first. I'm missing most rip sermons so gonna clean those up next.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I need that 5 second drift as well but it's the nitro one and need level 3 nitro first. I'm missing most rip sermons so gonna clean those up next.

Just an FYI you can so the same thing I did above for the nitro trophy aswell

• Advertisement

daheadonu wrote: »
    Just an FYI you can so the same thing I did above for the nitro trophy aswell

I tried but no luck and read that level 2 nitro only lasts 4 seconds.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I tried but no luck and read that level 2 nitro only lasts 4 seconds.

Yeah forgot you'll need that upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I got the continuous drift trophy on my first try after I switched my tires to the original/non-upgraded one. I found the late game tires I was using had too much traction and made it harder to get.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I got the continuous drift trophy on my first try after I switched my tires to the original/non-upgraded one. I found the late game tires I was using had too much traction and made it harder to get.

This did the job for me, thanks for the tip. That's the plat in the bag, boom! Only my 2nd ever plat, what a ride, loved it!

The game which keeps on giving....

When I thought I was pretty much done and just trying to clear up the last hordes... got to the horde just in the mountains slightly north of Chelmnut Station. Horde music starts, I'm looking round for them. Then I see a mad flurry of freakers running across the screen in front of me. That doesn't look good I think. Wait, they're not running in my direction, where are they going? they're chasing a small pack of deer! It's like a horror version of Benny Hill :-) So I follow from a distance, when they catch a deer they all feed round it which makes as a handy Attractor, chuck a grenade over, then let the remaining horde chase the next deer, and repeat.

Fantastic how these moments of unexpected craziness is still coming after I thought I'd seen it all already. What a game!

• Advertisement

On another note, wondering what to get into next (trying to remember what I did before "sh#t went down")... thinking of either revisiting Far Cry 5 or the Last Of Us, both which I started but never got round to finishing, or else I heard Dying Light (which is on sale in PSN store) is similar elk to Days Gone. Any opinions from those who have played them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was out picking mushrooms the other night and heard the horde music, couldn't see anything but music carried on. Turned round and they were a few feet away running at me. Respawned and saved a hostage then got murdered by a sniper ambush. Respawned and investigating a ? on the map. Ended up in a barn with a bear. Got out of the barn but it chased me down and ate me.

Not sure if I hit a difficulty spike or was just tired but sure died a lot

Jim, I'd recommend TLOU to finish it but highly recommend Dying Light Enhanced Edition for 17 euro on PSN. One of my favourite games this generation and absolutely unreal value. The following DLC was like a sequel, it added some great stuff.

Has that day and night cycle but dying light is way more deadly at night, you definitely don't venture out until mid/late game and even then it can be dodgy. Huge +1 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Didn't bother with this at launch but a mate lent it to me yesterday about 3 hours in and it's very good. Doesn't do anything particularly new but it's definitely keeping me entertained. Graphics top notch

I couldn't get into Dying Light but then again it was truly horrifying at night. TLOU had me hooked from the get go, fantastic storytelling in a game.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    This did the job for me, thanks for the tip. That's the plat in the bag, boom! Only my 2nd ever plat, what a ride, loved it!

Sony having been sending avatars and themes to people who got the platinum, not sure if it's just in the US though, keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just killed my first horde in that story mission for Lost Lake and it was one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long, long time. This is definitely one of the games of the generation for me. I know it's a long game and it's taken me a while to get to this point but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I beat my 10th horde last night, some were handy but some got very hairy. What end game weapons are people using? I have level 3 with Wizard Island but still using the Chicago submachine gun. With extended clip, it's ripping through hordes.

Just have about 15 collectibles, 5 rocks to kick and 2 more skill points for the platinum. I can not almost taste it. Salivating for some dlc to give me something to do other than fight hordes. Loving it!

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I beat my 10th horde last night, some were handy but some got very hairy. What end game weapons are people using? I have level 3 with Wizard Island but still using the Chicago submachine gun. With extended clip, it's ripping through hordes.

Just have about 15 collectibles, 5 rocks to kick and 2 more skill points for the platinum. I can not almost taste it. Salivating for some dlc to give me something to do other than fight hordes. Loving it!

The RPD (Special) and the Auto Shotgun (Unlocked by beating a set amount of hordes)

The RPD (Special) and the Auto Shotgun (Unlocked by beating a set amount of hordes)

Yeah I keep hearing about the rod, might have to give it a go. Just got the auto shotgun last night as well, will try that as well

• Advertisement

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah I keep hearing about the rod, might have to give it a go. Just got the auto shotgun last night as well, will try that as well

Both of those also have level 3 mods
    If you have maxed out your ranged abilities too they are monsters for destroying hordes late game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I just bought this last night, I have it loading at the minute. I don't really play games any more but I've liked the look of this since I first heard about it so I'll see how it goes.

I tried the RPD and Auto Shotgun combo last night, hated it. The Chicago Chopper is 100 times better than RPD (imo). Freaks seem to drop way faster and it's much more stable to use. I have RPD as my backup for when I run out of ammo and use it while I am getting back to my bike for a refill.

1 more skill point for the platinum, I'm looking forward to wrecking some hordes tonight!

Can't remember all the names but my best loadout I basically used 3 machine guns, Chicago Chopper was one, the special weapon was one you got from clearing x amount of hordes (MG something?). If I'm being extra critical though, I did find it made clearing the hordes too easy if anything (which from the utter terror of seeing a horde a few weeks ago is hard to believe) so I tried to mix it up a bit more then when doing the last few hordes, both with loadouts and traps etc. One of the great things of this game is there is multiple ways of doing a lot of the tasks.

Sony having been sending avatars and themes to people who got the platinum, not sure if it's just in the US though, keep an eye out.

I got an email from Sony saying congrats, now why not buy these other games as well... no theme or avatar. From what I've read online pretty sure you're right it's just US that get those.

Platinum in the bag, said it before but I loved it start to finish. I'm not sure I'd play through again on survival mode when that gets released, I'd prefer some actual dlc to throw my money at. Cex offering 40 cash for it is very tempting as well so not sure whether to hold onto it or not.

Congrats, I'm not a trophy hunter and just got my eighth with Division 2 but I'd be interested in this one if I ever pull my head out of Division 2.
    I never sell on games, it's not that I really ever play them again but I like to know I can if I want to plus I'm INCREDIBLY lazy. Games I've gone back to in a big way would include
    Borderlands 2
    Division 1
    TitanFall2
    TLOU
    GOW
    in fact I could list a good few now I think of it but more often than not they just gather dust

I'm awful for selling games, I bought the division 1 three times! Still have Div 2, not making that mistake again. Regret ever selling TLOU.

Platinum in the bag, said it before but I loved it start to finish. I'm not sure I'd play through again on survival mode when that gets released, I'd prefer some actual dlc to throw my money at. Cex offering 40 cash for it is very tempting as well so not sure whether to hold onto it or not.

Sold mine to CEX yesterday, money was too good to refuse after completing. Absolutely loved it (may have said once or twice before on here!) but want to keep the fond memories rather than trying a survival mode and it becoming a bit of a grind.

Having said that might pick it up again in a year or so on the cheap once the DLC has been released and if it looks like it would keep it fresh. Until then I've a backlog to get to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Question on the (I presume) last mission:
    It's the final assault on crater lake. Skizo has Weaver witha knife to his throat. You shoot Skizzo who conveniently escapes no matter what.
    After clearing the room, I lose the ability to aim, shoot or call up the item wheel.
    You then enter a room full of explosives, and I die. And die, reload and die (as I can't heal). Skizzo has a sniper on you and lots of explosives.

Retried from previous checkpoint - same.

Is this a bug (inability yo use the item wheel) or design choice? If a bug I'll reload prior to the start of the mission.
    If the latter I guess i'll just roll and roll and hope for the best.

Thanks.

Advertisement