Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was pulling the trigger for his last night on PSN and remembered something about days of play sale, thankfully saved myself €20. :o

Will pick it up once the sale starts, I think the cheapest physical shop I could find it for was €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I've been playing it for a week now and I'd say it's up there in my top 5 games, certainly top 10. The graphics are pretty good, I'm enjoying the story and really like the gameplay. Still terrified at the sight of more than half a dozen zombies / freakers because I have no good weapons but that should change over the weekend.

Survival update, sounds good. Plus challenges where you can unlock skins like boozer, Rikki, iron Mike and..... Shirtless Deek :D

Wish I still had it :(

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/06/06/days-gones-new-dlc-challenges-you-to-survive-an-endless-freaker-horde/#sf213930526

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Survival update, sounds good. Plus challenges where you can unlock skins like boozer, Rikki, iron Mike and..... Shirtless Deek :D

Wish I still had it :(

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/06/06/days-gones-new-dlc-challenges-you-to-survive-an-endless-freaker-horde/#sf213930526

It should be on Plus in August 2021 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was pulling the trigger for his last night on PSN and remembered something about days of play sale, thankfully saved myself €20. :o

Will pick it up once the sale starts, I think the cheapest physical shop I could find it for was €55.

€45 in Smyths.

uhm, you can't fast travel in survival difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

gimli2112 wrote:
    uhm, you can't fast travel in survival difficulty.

Seems like a weird restriction on the harder mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm getting to the end of the game and I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I used fast travel. I enjoyed plodding around on the bike, seeing what I might come across and what I could scavenge.

I fast travel everywhere. Anytime I go investigate a ? it turns out to be an angry bear or a horde chasing something and the something turns into me.
    No fast travel would be like my daily commute except with zombies and unacceptable risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I only ever fast travelled after I'd finished the main game when I was clearing rest of the hordes as the whole map was open then so distances are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked this up yesterday (for €2.87 and Rage 2, thank you Gamestop), and only a couple of hours in, pretty sure I still haven't finished the tutorial part yet as I'm sure there's more stuff I haven't been made aware of yet. Initial impressions are ok, haven't played enough of it to make up my mind yet. Taking a bit to get used to the handling of the bike, keep swerving way too much. Gunplay seems ok, but have only tried the starting pistol and shotgun.

Should get a good few hours in tonight, will know by then if it's for me. Either way, it will be traded in before the 17th, as it will be worth €60 trade in against a pre-order.

The guns and bike feel crap at the start. For combat, stick to melee and stealth. You'll get better weapons and perks to go with them. Same with the bike, I've you upgrade the engine, tires and fuel tank, driving will become a joy.

Yeah, stick to melee and stealth at the beginning. For a game that's turned out to be one of my favorite of this generation, it really does hobble you a bit too much at the beginning in terms of traveling and gunplay. It keeps getting better and better though, to the point that taking out hundreds of freakers in a horde while running and gunning feels completely intuitive and I love just biking around the place when you've got your motor properly souped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Use O to drift the bike around corners rather than try turning it's designed for that more so than quick turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus the Sawmill Horde actually had me screaming at some points, the way they chase you out to the top of the tower and start flinging themselves off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I have a real dilemma, if I take one more mission with Mike it closes off the whole northern section of the map. All missions are done up there apart from one Nero checkpoint I need to restore power to but I haven't tackled any of the hordes yet. I'm nowhere near ready but if I move on I'll lose the chance.

Nope, you get access to the whole map after the story to finish up all the side stuff. Push on with the story, those Nero checkpoints going nowhere.

because I got this and the Division 2 I've been hopping in and out of it. It feels like I've been playing for ever, so much so everytime I wake up I have to remember there are no zombies.
    wtf is up with Sarah?

So I finished the main game and I got the secret ending. So now it's whether I go for the platinum... I have to finish the Marauder Hunter and Infestation storylines. Do I have to mop up all the hordes to get the platinum? There's still a good few of them (the majority of them if I'm honest) on the map.

• Advertisement

So I finished the main game and I got the secret ending. So now it's whether I go for the platinum... I have to finish the Marauder Hunter and Infestation storylines. Do I have to mop up all the hordes to get the platinum? There's still a good few of them (the majority of them if I'm honest) on the map.

No, you only need one horde for the plat, which you must have got by now by finishing the story

JimBurnley wrote: »
    No, you only need one horde for the plat, which you must have got by now by finishing the story

Excellent. I'm enjoying taking out hordes but if I had to take them all out, it would become a major chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

You only need to kill one horde for the trophy tied to killing a horde but to get enough xp to get the trophy for having all skills unlocked you'd have to kill nearly all of them.

At least I did in my platinum playthrough anyway.

So i've been dipping into this over the last couple of days, and it's just not clicking with me. It seems very slow and laborious. Maybe it's just too sneaky for me right now, and I was looking for more action I think. Can't see me playing it for much longer tbh. It's just missing... something, but I can't put my finger on it.

The game doesn't really get going until you get to Iron Mike's camp, I don't know if you've gotten that far yet.

Definitely more stealth needed early doors. Once you've levelled up some you get better weapons and can start going more guns blazing style

Some games just don't click with people, you can't force the issue. Typically when a game clicks with me I know I'll overlook any weaknesses it may have or they just don't bother me. No game is perfect except Modern Warfare 2 which is largely misunderstood

Haven't heard of Iron Mike yet, and even though I've about 6 hours clocked I still can't buy weapons. Probably playing really slowly. Took me the bones of an hour to clear out some nest last night. I'll keep with it for another bit, as I feel I'm not getting the full experience yet, and something is about to happen. I have until the 17th!

Oh, and gimli, there is a perfect game, and it's God of War. As you said, I'd not be bothered by small issues if the game is good and i'm enjoying it (like AC: Odyssey), but God of War was so good I genuinely can't think of a single fault. Not that there weren't any faults, but I actually can't recall them, that's how perfect God of War was for me. Up there with my memory of Soul Reaver.

Haven't heard of Iron Mike yet, and even though I've about 6 hours clocked I still can't buy weapons. Probably playing really slowly. Took me the bones of an hour to clear out some nest last night. I'll keep with it for another bit, as I feel I'm not getting the full experience yet, and something is about to happen. I have until the 17th!

Stick to the story missions to move the story along, it really gets going at Iron Mike's and you get access to proper guns and bike parts. Great missions and characters at Mike's as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you want an exploring survival game the early part is great. If you want action you are prob best just getting story missions done to get it moving. Ignore nests, camps etc. But be warned you will miss so much of the character building if you just main line it.

Do some jobs for Copeland and you can buy better guns from the store in the camp. The Springs camp has better guns i thought.

Pop into the menu and turn on aim snapping too. It will help.

Advertisement