Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did you play after the credits, there are at least 4 more cut scenes that tidy up the story/set up the sequel.

not yet maybe that's why I never saw the
    shocking twist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So I rebuilt the database and started the game and the game continued after the part where it crashed so looking good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Bought this for 35 pounds off base.com, also got the resi 2 remake for 20 pounds.

Will be all zombied out by the time I finish these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Deleting this game... every patch is a big ass download as though I am constantly redownloading the game... and it's often enough!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Deleting this game... every patch is a big ass download as though I am constantly redownloading the game... and it's often enough!

Its ridiculous, I stopped downloading them.

• Advertisement

Its ridiculous, I stopped downloading them.

Yeah every update seems to just replace the previous one so is always 15gb. And on that note there is a new update today.

Finally got to playing this, not that far in at all.

Enjoying it so far feels like its very stealthy so far need to boost my stats, not too gone on the aiming, feels like deacon st john had a huge feed of pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just finished this last night really enjoyed it. I'm finishing stuff off now near enough to platinum so I'll keep going. It's a long game in fairness they definitely gave their moneys worth.

Sequel on the ps5 be great if they can sort out the bugs pre launch I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New challenge looks like a great laugh, again, wish i still had this.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1157321286974148608?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll certainly give that a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Challenge sounds like a fun distraction but certainly wouldn't inspire me to boot the game back up.

I would have welcomed these with the actual launch build. Fun and varied side activities were something the game was sorely lacking in, so things like this new challenge would have made for a great distraction and perhaps made the lack of variety on show slightly more palatable for folks like myself who were more critical of the game's major flaws.

Do you ever get the location of the hordes ? or are you expected to find them yourself?

Have completed a few but dunno if I should do them now or later am level 20.

Last mission I did was find a
    drunk boozer and brought him back to lost lake camp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Do you ever get the location of the hordes ? or are you expected to find them yourself?

Yeah, you get the general locations of all hordes after a certain point. You'll have specific missions where you'll have to take on pretty big hordes but I think you're a while from them yet. I don't think you've fully opened the map yet.

When you complete the story they are highlighted on the map. I didn't really like fighting them. You only had to fight two or three and I left it at that but I may go back to them.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When you complete the story they are highlighted on the map. I didn't really like fighting them. You only had to fight two or three and I left it at that but I may go back to them.

I ended up hunting down a good few to get XP to get access to Level 3 at certin camps for certain parts. Absolutely loved it as I was just wrecking them. Complete contrast to barely being able to take on more than 3 at the start of the game.

Anyone play Survival Mode? Is it a good challenge or just annoyingly hard? Tempted to pick this up again to go through Survival.

my strategy involved me hiding in a bush and lobbing decoys and napalm. I became the world's deadliest bush.

Done a few missions
    at wizards' island
    I honestly though after
    Iron Mikes
    the game was going to be over.

Have to agree with all the previous sentiments regarding it taking a while to get into, but I agree it shouldn't have got the negative scores it did get.

Bit repetitive but it is fun.

I think there's a bit of a pacing misstep straight after where you thought it was going to end. It feels a bit like starting over again with the new narrative which could have the potential to frustrate a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

The game didn't really get any especially negative reviews. It has an average score of 71 on metacritic, which I'd say is pretty on point. Only a few reviews were especially negative about it.

If the game had not been as repetitive, and hadn't had the pacing issues it did, especially in the latter third then I think that score could have easily been an 8.

It's a decent game with some absolutely great moments, but it's extremely padded out and that definitely hurts it for me.

Having just finished horizon zero dawn which took me 3 purchases to get past the first 10 hours, i ended up loving it. I enjoyed Days Gone so much more though. Made me think about recent playthroughs of God of war and spiderman to compare the big exclusives. Days Gone was my hands down favourite from 4 epic games but it made me realise how it's not fair that other platforms don't get to experience those games.

• Advertisement

yeah I've never been a fan of exclusitivity but am happy Sony are so much better at it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did anyone feel that they kind of wasted the horde mechanic though? I felt it could have been used in the wider world a lot more, the way they implemented it just tucked away in 7-8 non-plot related locations made it seem like they built this really good zombie sim then didnt know what to do with it.

Finished the main story last night. Did enjoy it , the fat could have been trimmed.

Still don't get why
    Sarah was so off when you go reunited, I know the camp and all that, still it seemed odd

Know there is a few side missions to mop up so will prob boot it up once more.

Once you finish the main story, it doesn't take too long to platinum the game.

yeah totally agree with your spoilered comment, it really hurt the flow of the story I thought.

The introduction of Sarah and that camp is the big flaw in the game. It felt like a hard reset of the game after the ramping up of the action at Iron Mike's.

Only one trophy away from platinum and its wrecking my head. Trying to drift and use nitro for 5 seconds just never seems to work. Any tips?

Only one trophy away from platinum and its wrecking my head. Trying to drift and use nitro for 5 seconds just never seems to work. Any tips?

Did you get full nitro upgrade? I had to kill multiple hordes just to get the xp to unlock them. Once you do, equip the basic tyres you start the game with, as they have the worst grip. Then find an open highway and pull some wide Donuts. I did that for a while and it eventually popped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did you get full nitro upgrade? I had to kill multiple hordes just to get the xp to unlock them. Once you do, equip the basic tyres you start the game with, as they have the worst grip. Then find an open highway and pull some wide Donuts. I did that for a while and it eventually popped.

Same, but did it by Iron Mike's farm, nice big area. Think this is most people's last trophy to get

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Changed to basic tyres and then went to chemult college. Did the horde there and was just doing random donuts and the trophy pinged. Thank god thats over.

Advertisement