Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Bend just announced New Game + mode available from Sept 13th. Probably my favourite game this generation, I could be tempted to pick this up again if I see a good sale - NG+, survivor mode and challenges...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking forward to picking this up again, hopefully for a swap for a game i already have or a good deal on a trade. Devs said all the 12 different challenges from last 12 weeks will stay in the game for all to use and you can use the rewards in New game plus.

https://twitter.com/BendStudio/status/1172540294870511616?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Tempted, I only really got to level 2 stuff for most weapons so there is a nice bit to unlock. Put it on a harder difficulty and roll again.

To be honest I've really missed it, nothing has come close to filling the void it left. :) Good story-driven single-player games are pretty light on the ground.

New bike tank to celebrate death stranding. Baby in the gas tank!!!

https://twitter.com/BendStudio/status/1192492150480502784?s=19

Just bought Days Gone for a 2nd time as it just went on sale today on US psn for 20 dollars (17.50 euro), happy to give that to Bend anyway. Looking forward to going through all the dlc challenges and then another playthrough on the survival difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just bought Days Gone for a 2nd time as it just went on sale today on US psn for 20 dollars (17.50 euro), happy to give that to Bend anyway. Looking forward to going through all the dlc challenges and then another playthrough on the survival difficulty.

Aren’t game saves tied to region? Well if you’re doing a new play through you should be fine but I doubt you will be able to do new game plus on the save file from your disk copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »

20 bucks well spent.

Aren’t game saves tied to region? Well if you’re doing a new play through you should be fine but I doubt you will be able to do new game plus on the save file from your disk copy.

tenor.gif

Just popped it on and yupp, brand new save file so no ng+ for me :(

The new difficulties hard 2 and survival 2 are a bit confusing. I read survival is already very tough and 2 is meant for like ng+ when you have the upgrades to deal with a bigger challenge so not sure what to start with, maybe survival 1. I'm just glad the challenges are completely separate from the main game and have their own launch section from the main menu, think I'll be spending most of my time doing those as you can bring your upgrades you unlock there over to the main game which should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hate zombies. Generally they are boring and the movies they are in are all the same. I hate zombie games I hate the walking dead. But this game? this game is a seriously cool little game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hate zombies. Generally they are boring and the movies they are in are all the same. I hate zombie games I hate the walking dead. But this game? this game is a seriously cool little game.

the post started off like it was looking for a reaction but concluded quite well.

Survival was a pain in the balls, especially since not playing it for so long. Tried the challenges and got wrecked by the hordes. Started a new game on easy and really enjoying it. Plan is to get my bearings and five the challenges another go.

I forgot how bad the bike was at the start but glad to see so many free decals. Have a lovely Siphon Filter one but my goal is to get the death stranding BB tank.

Any one play this on Pro? I honestly can't decide whether to play with HDR on or off. On looks incredible but there's something off about the movement that I'm unsure of.

I played it on the Pro and think I had it on HDR but now I think of it there was a game I played this year which suggested you should turn it off and I can't remember if it's this one. I need to play this again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I picked this up along with Death Stranding. Been playing Death Stranding occasionally but hasn't really grabbed me so far.

Was going to stick this on instead and maybe go back to Death Stranding after it. A 20 GB patch is taking the piss a bit though. With my crappy Internet it'll take ages to download. Was performance that bad on launch? Would I just end up frustrated playing unpatched?

for something like that I would just have it download when is standby mode or whatever it's called. Don't remember performance issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

gimli2112 wrote: »
    for something like that I would just have it download when is standby mode or whatever it's called. Don't remember performance issues.

Thanks Gimli. I always forget that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I picked this up along with Death Stranding. Been playing Death Stranding occasionally but hasn't really grabbed me so far.

Was going to stick this on instead and maybe go back to Death Stranding after it. A 20 GB patch is taking the piss a bit though. With my crappy Internet it'll take ages to download. Was performance that bad on launch? Would I just end up frustrated playing unpatched?

Every patch was always around 16gb, it was just the way they released the patches by overriding the previous patch file. The latest patch should be the last one for a while

I thought i would dip in and out of this, want sure if a 2nd playthrough would grab me but loving it all over again. Even on easy mode, freakers can overwhelm you in numbers so it's not a cake walk. Looking forward to getting to Mike's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Started this the other day, ran like ass for the first few hours but that has improved but still some serious glitching on the pro, is this common?

On the other hand, now that I've got a grasp on how things work I'm absolutely in love with it.

I didn't notice any problems with the pro but you're not the first to mention it. I'm standard to think my standards are an awful lot lower than the rest of you.

• Advertisement

Ah it's way beyond that, I could hear the helicopter and see the search light but there was no helicopter to be seen, same thing happened with some animals.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ah it's way beyond that, I could hear the helicopter and see the search light but there was no helicopter to be seen, same thing happened with some animals.

I got the same thing, one of the first missions right? Then i found the stash of drugs and dropped them before getting to my bike and they feel through the map. Had to die to and reload check point. Never had those glitches on launch.

That's the one.

Then last night I was unable to distract with rocks and had to reload twice to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

dudeeile wrote: »
    That's the one.

Then last night I was unable to distract with rocks and had to reload twice to sort it.

I remember having that playing when it was just released. Also binoculars not always working. And one mission later on when you had to go in a cave but cave was blocked. Always fixed after reloading, annoying but not game destroying (at least not for me as I was loving the rest of the game so much)

I had the binocular glitch last night, I read that this was around since at least 1.05 and I think we're at 1.6 now! The devs even commented on it but probably too much work to fix for the small number experiencing the bug, I had to exit the game and restart to finally clear it.

I've also seen plenty of birds just flying on the spot, even inside buildings.

Managed to fill my bike from a fuel pump for the first time! I always thought you had to fill from the red canisters, most of my fuel worries are now ended.

Anyone know if the patch cycle for this has finished yet or are there more patches to come? Not buying this until final patch is out.

I'd say they're done, already patched the balls out of it. They might still release a patch of enough people complain about something but I'd say they're done. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It prob the GOTY from last year and 70 hours long, it's well worth full price.

Advertisement