Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Apparently there's a big Days Gone patch out, approx 25gb. Mostly performance boosts for ps5.

When i saw this thread notification, i way hoping for a PS5 boost announcement. Hope they shed some light on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Aaawwwww yuuusssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Glad i didnt dip to far into the PS4 version, ill keep saving it for later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nix wrote: »
    Glad i didnt dip to far into the PS4 version, ill keep saving it for later :D

Same here. I'll give it another try on PS5 now.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I started the PS4 version recently and i'd say I will be finished it before PS5 launches. Coming to it so late, I thought about holding off on playing it until PS5, but i'm working through my backlog and it was sitting there so I just went ahead.

There's no question that the performance (on base anyhow) drags the game down, i'm sure it will be far more enjoyable on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can't get much from that vid really, loading still takes ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

And weirdly it's in 1080p?....Actually I guess that's accurately representing the much touted 'Dynamic 4k', which is more impressive than labeling it 'Occasionally 4k' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

for the love of god how do you use nitro and drift at the same time for 5 seconds. I have nitro 3, is it the tyres? it won't click
    probably the only thing between me and platinum now

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    for the love of god how do you use nitro and drift at the same time for 5 seconds. I have nitro 3, is it the tyres? it won't click
    probably the only thing between me and platinum now

Change your tires back to the ones you start with, lowest level tires as they have the lowest grip and makes it easier to do donuts. But yeah, tricky trophy, was my last one as well. Find a big freeway with plenty of space, keep at it!

The 2 most senior devs at Bend Studio have left in the last 5 days. Garvin said he took a break right after DG cane out and hasn't gone back while Ross is leaving PlayStation and moving to Chicago. I wonder what this means for Days Gone 2.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1334143845005668356?s=19

• The game sold well I think?
    Disappointing to hear.

Looking forward to a replay on PS5

I'm on my third playthrough. I'm really only trying to get the nitro burnout trophy (which is starting to drive me crazy) but have all the gear and guns know. Running round the place like a bad ass. Want a nero checkpoint in a hoarde cave? I just stroll right on in there and get it.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm on my third playthrough. I'm really only trying to get the nitro burnout trophy (which is starting to drive me crazy) but have all the gear and guns know. Running round the place like a bad ass. Want a nero checkpoint in a hoarde cave? I just stroll right on in there and get it.

I remember you had no interest in this on launch. How time have changed :pac:

I think it was the thought of being chased 24 weeks later style by hundreds of zombies that was putting me off. TBH the three you have to do in the story are the most terrifying. When I hunted the rest down the second time round they were a walk in the park. Having all the guns and gear helps.

I'm a huge wuss when it comes to videogames
    Dead Space, played about 4 years after release and loved it
    Outlast, made it ten minutes in and a dude jumped at me from a wheelchair
    Alien Isolation, ehm nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I genuinely wanted to find out what happened with the plot after that reveal which is unusual for open world games which Im usually completely sick of by the time I finish them, that's annoying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

II'm really only trying to get the nitro burnout trophy (which is starting to drive me crazy) but have all the gear and guns know. .

It's easy when you know how. Fully upgrade your nitro, then find an open flat area and start to drive in a circle and then press circle so you are drifting in a constant circle motion. Then just use your nitro and you'll easily get the trophy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have a look at this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's easy when you know how. Fully upgrade your nitro, then find an open flat area and start to drive in a circle and then press circle so you are drifting in a constant circle motion. Then just use your nitro and you'll easily get the trophy.

Downgrade your tyres also to the most basic

• Advertisement

it's crazy I've watched so many videos on it and it's just not clicking for me
    some people grow up with the realisation they'll never be a premier league footballer, President or train driver, I can't even do this!

it's crazy I've watched so many videos on it and it's just not clicking for me
    some people grow up with the realisation they'll never be a premier league footballer, President or train driver, I can't even do this!

Send me a game share next time you're on (does that still work in PS5 like PS4, let someone else play a bit of the game?), 5 euro into my paypal and the trophy will be yours :cool:

I can't do that. It would be like paying someone to climb Everest and then bragging about it.Actually I'm not sure which would be harder to accomplish, more people have certainly climbed Everest

I can already tell the stamina bar and the bike management system is going to annoy me. The bike is a bit all over the place and it does not help that bike riding in Cyberpunk 2077 feels really good. I hope upgrading it really makes a world of difference. I've also decided to prioritise stamina over health. Is that a good idea?

Yupp, Bike upgrade makes a huge difference, speed, handling and durability get a much needed boost and it becomes a dream to drive. Not as fluid as the bikes in Cyberpunk mind but they are from the future :) Definitely prioritise stamina over health at the NERO stations. Nothing worse than running from freakers and running out of stamina.

Lastly, how does the activating of story lines work? Does the game choose which ones for you? I'm seeing several story lines under one category with their percentages but it's only allowing one of them to be active, the rest seem to have no option to select. The other category is the one about the freakers' nest which I'm not going to do yet as I've heard that's end game stuff.

Some storylines progress naturally and you'll find some quests add on to existing lines that you didn't even realise they would. It all comes together in the end.

As for the Freakers nests, do absolutely ASAP. When Deacon mutters to himself about nests, make it a priority to find all in that area and burn them out. They stop fast travel through the area they're in and you'll get to a point when you've been down a certain road umpteen times and have the fuel to fast travel but can't because nests are active. Alsways save molotovs for nests. If you don't have any, look for the ingredients in that area or just head off and make a mental note to save molotovs for next time you are there. Then, throw a molotov into one and leg it to the next, no need to fight what comes out. Just run and throw to all of them and back on your bike to get out of there. Map will tell you how many in that area but you'll have to run around a bit to get their location to show on map.

I found hoardes particularly unnerving although once you gear up they're not so much of a problem. I did them all in the end but the mandatory three in the story are the most challenging and fun. If you're idea of fun is running from the undead.

Bike management isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ran out of petrol in the middle of nowhere on my first playthrough and cursed the hell out of everything as I tramped through the countryside. Bigger tanks help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I loved the petrol mechanic. You really had to consider how far you were willing to go hunting. I got caught a few times out and about and paid dearly for it.

Played for hours before I realized that you could fill up at petrol stations. That make it much easier.

A larger tank and one or two skill upgrades for weapons makes a big difference.

yeah you should always follow the powerlines from the generator and disable any speakers beforehand. Zombie survival 101.

Ammo was never a problem. Early on upgrade melee weapons so you can mend them with scrap, which is pretty plentiful. It's more fun shooting stuff but melee will get you a long way too.

Stealth on the whole works well but if it goes wrong you can usually handle it. Ammo is quite plentiful, cop cars, baddie camps there's some always lying about and you can always buy it in a pinch. You can kill stealthily using supressors or the cross bow.You can do stelath kills, it's how I killed a lot of hoarde stragglers without alerting the others.

Advertisement