Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving feedback to a photographer

Options
  • 11-05-2018 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a bit of insight or advice from people who know the photography industry better than I do.

I recently paid a photographer €180 for 1.15hours work. I received 14 photos back. I felt a couple were really unflattering and asked the photographer if he had any alternatives. The photographer was quite angry with me and said 14 is way above the norm (I have no idea if that's true or not) and basically that I was out of order saying that a shot was unflattering.

I was actually criticising myself in the shot more than him as an artist but judging by his reaction I don't think it was taken this way.

I work in client services myself and often take feedback from clients. I would have assumed this was the same in any industry. Have I missed some unwritten rule of working with a photographer or am I just being naive?

Interested to hear your thoughts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

What kind of shoot was it, if you don't mind my asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

How many photos was he supposed to deliver according to the contract? 14 seems about normal... would expect at least 10 photos so maybe that's his 'normal'. Was anything agreed beforehand on the number of photos?

The photographer sounds like he overreacted saying you're out of order. He could have handled it better. Just say there are no alternatives if there are none. FYI, if you want extra photos from him, you can probably expect to have to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Thanks for your replies. @CaptainFlaps it was just a photoshoot for my personal portfolio. Thanks for the heads up Bacchus.

Advertisement