Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into a msc in trinity with 2:2

Options
  • 11-05-2018 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I am a working as an RPN and have applied for an msc in trinity - where I completed my undergrad(4 yrs ago) . The course coordinator advised me he would like to put my application forward but academic registry have advised I do not meet the 2:1 acceptance criteria as I have a 2:2. I have been advised to forward on a detailed cv and details of professional development.

I have updated by cv and have written a detail letter to support my application however alot of the detail in the letter was outlined in my application.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if they know the liklihood of me being accepted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Had a 2:2 from nuim got into tcd msc fine no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ginasdnb

caff wrote: »
    Had a 2:2 from nuim got into tcd msc fine no issues.

Thanks caff. Can I ask what course it was you got into? A few people have told me sciences and humanities require a minimum of 2:1. On their website the course criteria says to normally hold an ordinary honours degree so I didn't think it would be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It'll come down to what experience you can bring to the application in place of a 2.1.

Basically, a 2.1 is required but if you've shown growth, drive and dedication outside of academia, you have a chance of making up for the 2.2

That'd be my understanding of it anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

If you're paying for it they'll take you unless the course is heavily over subscribed. Colleges are businesses and ultimately need bums on seats.

Advertisement