Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anthem looks ok, less generic than Destiny. I'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just see on twitter that Unravel 2 is local co-op only. No online play.
    Just in case anyone here was planning on buying for that reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

zTw9lgm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Penn wrote: »
    Loved the passion and emotion from the developer for Sea of Solitude. As cynical and argumentative as many of us can get at E3 time, seeing emotion like that from developers who pour everything they have into their games is always one of E3s highlights.

That was the only game that grabbed me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just see on twitter that Unravel 2 is local co-op only. No online play.
    Just in case anyone here was planning on buying for that reason

Yeah I saw no mention of online co-op on Origins site, but in an article it said it had online co-op. I reckon the article assumed it had it. Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement

Saw a couple things mentioned. The fact it took a full 6 mins into E3 before the first Battle Royale mode was mentioned.
    The fact that they announce lack of loot boxes as a positive when it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place and then this

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1005513961289191426

Doge wrote: »
    Yeah I saw no mention of online co-op on Origins site, but in an article it said it had online co-op. I reckon the article assumed it had it. Thanks for the heads up.

Just see this on the PSN store as well
    When you cut ties to the past, new bonds form. In Unravel Two, create a Yarny of your very own. Then build relationships with other Yarnys in local co-op or as a single player, fostering friendship and support as you journey together.

How's the first game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I see alot of people talk **** about Anthem here, bet you all still buy it on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How's the first game?

I was a bit shocked that they dedicated time slot for it. Is it actually popular game? I knew about it, but never had interest in it myself.
    Local co op only is kind of cool. I wish more games would have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I see alot of people talk **** about Anthem here, bet you all still buy it on launch day

Nah. I’ll be washing my hair that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Seen C&C mentioned.
    Checked the trailer
    Never gone from so excited to disappointed so fast in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Seen C&C mentioned.
    Checked the trailer
    Never gone from so excited to disappointed so fast in my life

Just came here from the video thread to post the same thing. What a ****ing joke

Looks like another Destiny to me, so no thanks I won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looks like another Destiny to me, so no thanks I won't bother.

The real question is:
    Will it be well received for a week or so like Destiny 2 was?

ERG89 wrote: »
    The real question is:
    Will it be well received for a week or so like Destiny 2 was?

Remains to be seen, but the whole EA show was a pile of meh for me. I'll wait until I see reviews when it's out but right now I doubt I'll be buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am intrigued with Bohemias Humanity fails twitter campaign.

I know its not Arma 4 but if its MP and they have actually rebuilt the engine to actually work in MP, it would be awesome.

I literally buy everything they make, be nice for them to make a few quid considering how they enable games via modding in general.

https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract/status/1004407625436614656

https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract/status/1004744990067691520

https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract/status/1005084787571339264

https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract/status/1005109644061274112

https://mixer.com/BohemiaInteractive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

How's the first game?

I really enjoyed it. Pretty unique platformer / puzzler with beuaitul artwork and nature. The first one probably goes cheap in sales these days , the entry price of 20 euro is very fair imo.

Maybe there will be a bundle of both sometime soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found the first unraveled very disapponting. It's not bad but in terms of platformers there's so many better ones you can choose instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ea access premium? I only tuned in when they were wraping it up. Whats the story with that? Is it pc only and basically game pass like MS does?

PC only. About $100 and you get BFV, Anthem, Madden and FIFA before launch. Full game downloads too, not trials or streams. Plus access to the vault which now has tons of indie and other publishers games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nah I definitely learnt my lesson with Destiny 2. Plus if they stick to their release date (which I don't really see happening) Days Gone would be out the same day. I'd buy that at launch rather than Anthem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Days Gone is doing nothing for me, just a generic zombie game with a budget. It's been done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PC only. About $100 and you get BFV, Anthem, Madden and FIFA before launch. Full game downloads too, not trials or streams. Plus access to the vault which now has tons of indie and other publishers games.

Are you serious? That sounds pretty damn good!!! Pc only though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It does seem like a pretty good deal, assuming you like those games. I'd probably sign up for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Days Gone is doing nothing for me, just a generic zombie game with a budget. It's been done to death.

It doesn't even look like a good zombie game. Maybe the extra time in development will iron out any issues but the recent hands on previews were quite negative.

Also with zombies called freakers and a main character called Deacon St. John don't expect the last of us when it comes to writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It doesn't even look like a good zombie game. Maybe the extra time in development will iron out any issues but the recent hands on previews were quite negative.

Also with zombies called freakers and a main character called Deacon St. John don't expect the last of us when it comes to writing.

You said similar about Horizon Zero Dawn and how the main two characters names sounded like Alloy and Rust (Aloy and Rost), yet the majority of people really enjoyed the story, so maybe, just maybe, character names aren't actually an indicator of quality.

After all, the most popular video game character of all time is called Mario Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The only thing that stands out from other games is the large zombie hordes rather than small groups that would be in other games.

It's a good deal but honestly looking at the likes of FIFA 19 & Battlefield V yesterday they look like games that haven't changed in the last 2 years. Unless the Champions League licence & a battle royale mode float your boat.
    Even Anthem looks exactly like I was expecting, only they rolled out Casey Hudson to try talk about a narrative that isn't really there.
    It was embarrassing they were boasting about a lack of microtransactions as a feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just caught up with the EA press conference after watching the gameplay videos last night, just a weird conference. Some games got just a few minutes while they spent too much time with guys on stage competing at a mobile game? Some guy who carries around a WWF looking belt for being good at Madden? No Skate 4?? Very poor.

I'm actually a bit worried about MS's show, they are well overdue a good exclusive or 2 and I'll be sickened if Skate 4 does get announced as an Xbox exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Skerries wrote: »
    "Airlifts" picture
    That deserves worse than SW:BF2 ever got just on the grounds of sheer, bald-faced lying and dishonesty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'm actually a bit worried about MS's show,

Same here, they're in dire need of an original I.P or two or three, same with the switch, I love the console but they need a couple of exclusive games and stop bringing over ports.

Advertisement