Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Apparently have 15 world premieres to announce, so sounds good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Benzino wrote:

That's quite a few,besides halo,gow and crackdown I wonder how many will be third-party games and how many will be exclusives.Either way the reveals should be fun,I am excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Benzino wrote: »

But realistically, how many of them will be exclusives?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Waiting 5 years to see when Xbox "knock it out of the park" they really need to be making inroads at Sony exclusive games this year or the gap will widen even more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

If we are talking about games you will eventually get on PC, probably 1

• Advertisement

Even 3 or 4 would be good. In mean how many new exclusives are we expecting from Sony? I feel most of Sony's show could just be about the existing games announced (which I'm looking forward to).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

A lot of screenshots along with story description for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey have been leaked ahead of the Ubisoft presser.

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/assassins-creed-odyssey-screenshots-leaked

https://wccftech.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-description-leak/

Screenshots have also been leaked for Just Cause 4
    https://gematsu.com/2018/06/just-cause-4-screenshots-leaked

Even 3 or 4 would be good. In mean how many new exclusives are we expecting from Sony? I feel most of Sony's show could just be about the existing games announced (which I'm looking forward to).

I think Sony said they were only concentrating the show around 4 exclusive titles, TLOU2, Spiderman, Days Gone and some other one, I think in the in-between interview parts they will unveil more but probably not exclusive stuff....

That days gone game apparently went gold a few months ago and they are deliberately holding it back for a quiet time in the gaming calendar...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some of them will be indies and multi plats surely. I thought I read they were debuting Cyberpunk.

Any genuine exclusives they do announce will be playable on PC too most likely though.

Fieldog wrote: »
    That days gone game apparently went gold a few months ago and they are deliberately holding it back for a quiet time in the gaming calendar...

Going gold a year before release wouldn't make sense, and would result in a very big day one patch as you'd be downloading a year's worth of updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Some of them will be indies and multi plats surely. I thought I read they were debuting Cyberpunk.

Any genuine exclusives they do announce will be playable on PC too most likely though.

Seriously need to see some Cyberpunk gameplay. Another CGI trailer just isn't gonna cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Penn wrote: »
    You said similar about Horizon Zero Dawn and how the main two characters names sounded like Alloy and Rust (Aloy and Rost), yet the majority of people really enjoyed the story, so maybe, just maybe, character names aren't actually an indicator of quality.

After all, the most popular video game character of all time is called Mario Mario.

In fairness he said writing and not quality. I felt the gameplay in HZD was too dull and restrictive to get further into the story but Mario games are hardly known for their storylines!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    In fairness he said writing and not quality. I felt the gameplay in HZD was too dull and restrictive to get further into the story but Mario games are hardly known for their storylines!

I agree, but I was referring to the writing of Horizon also. Most people enjoyed the story a lot. I just think it's insane to judge a game's writing 8 months before it comes out based on the fact that the main character who is a biker from a biker gang has a name that a biker in a biker gang would have. Likewise, Retro was judging Horizon based on the fact the characters had names that people in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with machines would have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Seen C&C mentioned.
    Checked the trailer
    Never gone from so excited to disappointed so fast in my life

Same; excitement to deflation in seconds. Hard to know what EA are thinking here, how they believe there's some key dovetail between mobile gamers & legacy-RTS fans.

I guess MOBA is where the genre has moved to now, but if Kickstarter proves anything it's that presumed-dead genres are often anything but; RTS is a tricky format to get right all the same...

Would dearly love a new classic RTS to sink my teeth into!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

C and C for mobile? ya no thanks, I'd say it'll be riddled with in game purchases.

Going gold a year before release wouldn't make sense, and would result in a very big day one patch as you'd be downloading a year's worth of updates.

Maybe I phrased it wrong, going gold means the disc is gone to manufacture, I mean the game is apparently finished and the team have gone onto make Syphon Filter, makes sense to hold certain exclusive titles back for quieter times of the gaming year...

I've no interest at all in it personally, I think it looks fairly generic tbh...

Maybe I phrased it wrong, going gold means the disc is gone to manufacture, I mean the game is apparently finished and the team have gone onto make Syphon Filter, makes sense to hold certain exclusive titles back for quieter times of the gaming year...

I've no interest at all in it personally, I think it looks fairly generic tbh...

I still don't buy it, why not release it now then? There are no major games coming out soon are there? Also is there no multiplayer with the game? Bit surprised by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It'd be RC (release candidate) I've heard some people use silver as well but RC is more common.

I still don't buy it, why not release it now then? There are no major games coming out soon are there? Also is there no multiplayer with the game? Bit surprised by that.

Look at movies, you can see how much releasing in a quite time help in the box office.

Could be they're trying to have in a certain fiscal quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The last game announced by Sony before the conference is Beat Saber coming to PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NeiR: Automata coming digitally to Xbox should be shown later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dudeeile wrote: »

Oh ****, Bethesda are tonight too. Forgot about that :D

dudeeile wrote: »

Mods, if ye're reading, any chance this can be added to the first post please? Very handy link

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Devolver are on tonight too.

8pm local time.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Devolver are on tonight too.

8pm local time.

Thanks for the reminder! And a reminder to everyone why they need to watch it, here's their conference from 2017 : pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

20 minutes to showtime.

Phil be like "hold my beer"

69Wya98.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

20 minutes to showtime.

Phil be like "hold my beer"

69Wya98.gif

I'm dead. Phil Spencer as Captain America. 🀣