Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    From Softwares owe a Armored core game, they said one was in development late in 2016.

I hope they make substantial changes to the game. I tried to like Armoured Core but it just seems to be a game where you geek out over modifying your mech and then play a mission that lasts about a minute and is as substantial as the latest mobile game from King.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I want Pikmin 4 please

Pikmin 3 Deluxe more likely I'd say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They'd have to announce an Elder Scrolls 6 first, you'd imagine...

Elder Scrolls 6: Skyrim 2 - Battle Royale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/996432955802374144?s=19

Wonder will Remedy have anything to show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

All I really want is the boys who did New Vegas to get a crack at Fallout 4. New Vegas is still better than 4 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ERG89 wrote: »

probably - annouced early ahead of its inevitable 4 year later release

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I want a Halo 6 announcement, and a release date of sooner rather than later. Halo 5 still has some of the series best area combat imo, it was superbly balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Bloodborne 2 or we riot

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

All I want to hear is a Resident Evil 2 remake, couldn't give a fiddles about anything after that :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will be interesting to see if the PS VR makes an appearance at the show. I feel that it's kind of had it's moment at this stage and Sony will be winding up support of the platform (that's not to say third parties won't support it).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

With all the material for the new Tomb Raider more or less already out there, I will lose my **** if Square Enix announce a new/re-release of the Legacy of Kain series. Please god do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    Bloodborne 2 or we riot

:pac:

Actually no, a new IP that's similar to Bloodborne so its not locked to Sony consoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

With all the material for the new Tomb Raider more or less already out there, I will lose my **** if Square Enix announce a new/re-release of the Legacy of Kain series. Please god do it!!!

This needs to happen

With Amy Hennig not involved in the series I'd rather see the series die than end up being turned into a generic amorphous blob of a triple A game with little to differentiate it from anything else like Tomb Raider has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if the PS VR makes an appearance at the show. I feel that it's kind of had it's moment at this stage and Sony will be winding up support of the platform (that's not to say third parties won't support it).

No chance. They've been developing what must be a PSVR2 with a Japanese electronics company which will have better resolution screens than Vive pro. It would make it the best headset on the market.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/psvr-2-release-date-specs-3472947

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

With Amy Hennig not involved in the series I'd rather see the series die than end up being turned into a generic amorphous blob of a triple A game with little to differentiate it from anything else like Tomb Raider has become.

I forgot that... Damn. Hopefully EA screw her over and ND take her back for a reboot!

I forgot that... Damn. Hopefully EA screw her over and ND take her back for a reboot!

She's already been screwed over by them with the Star Wars game so maybe there's hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That game was not very good and way over budget. It would have been out by now otherwise.

True. From the developers accounts it seemed like a total disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No chance. They've been developing what must be a PSVR2 with a Japanese electronics company which will have better resolution screens than Vive pro. It would make it the best headset on the market.

I'd like to see them create new controllers, the move ones are a square peg in round holes solution. I find as you can only do so much with them.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    She's already been screwed over by them with the Star Wars game so maybe there's hope!

Could someone screw EA of making Star Wars games too, not even a huge fan of it but they are over halfway in on the 10 year deal & all they have to show for it is 2 uninspired Battlefront games.

I'd commit murder for a new x-wing game by the Totallygames team.... sadly defunct :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

To be fair, she didn't exactly leave ND under the best of circumstances either though. By her own admission, it's difficult to make the kind of game she wants in the current publishing climate. If anything, I'd say she'd be better off at a platform-owned studio, one that is given more leeway to create a system seller than a money maker. She did a pretty interesting interview with Sean Vanaman on the subject in general back in January that's worth a read.

As for the Star Wars and EA partnership, it's worth bearing in mind that should another publisher manage to get the rights to future titles in the franchise, they're still going to have to deal with Disney themselves and their track record for studio management, interference and some horrific IAP directives on mobile platforms isn't particular stellar either.

For me I'm hoping Shadows Die Twice is revealed as a Bloodborne 2 or a multiplatform similar universe a la Demons Souls.
    Bethesda's Starfield would also be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

next Elder Scrolls
    Cyberpunk 2077
    DLC for Half Life 3

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

A fully 3d pokemon (like zelda for example) and resident evil 2 remake il leave resi 3 remake for next year ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dark Souls 4
    Demon's Souls 2
    Bloodborne 2
    Demon's Souls remaster
    New FROMSOFT IP that plays like Bloodborne but isn't actually Bloodborne
    Shadows Die Twice
    Armored Core 14 but with a brand new combat system thats similar to Dark Souls
    Dark Souls 2 remaster for PS4
    Dark Souls 3 remaster for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Most likely:
    • Splinter Cell.
    • Prey - Expansion (which will probably be a "And its available.....now!" moment).
    • Battlefield V - Battle Royale mode reveal.
    • The Division 2 - Battle Royale mode reveal.
    • LEGO Star Wars The Last Jedi.
    • EA Star Wars Open World RPG CGI teaser.
    • Cyberpunk 2077.
    • Fallout 4: Expansion/Spin-off, either MMO or something akin to New Vegas.
    • HITMAN2 CGI teaser.
    • Red Orchestra 3.
    • Surprise new IP/sequel from Ubisoft at the end of their conference, possibly The Settlers.
    • Borderlands 3.
    • Dying Light 2.

Unexpected/less likely:
    • Half-life 3.
    • DOOM 5(?).
    • Company of Heroes 3.
    • Rocksteady Studios game, possibly Superman.
    • Dragon Age: 4.
    • Enter the Gungeon 2.
    • Curse of Monkey Island Remastered.
    • PAYDAY3.
    • Red Faction Reboot.
    • The Talos Principle 2.
    • Something from Firaxis, XCOM2 expansion, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bioware announce they're scrapping Anthem for a ground-up remake of the Mass Effect trilogy. The world rejoices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would like a new Prince of Persia.

More on Metroid Prime.

Maybe Breath of the Wild's version of Majora's Mask or a 2D Zelda.

As an Infamous fan, I hope Sucker Punch does something cool with their game.

Rocksteady reveal a decent follow up to Arkham Knight.

Games get announced with actual gameplay. (I know I'm really pushing it now)

Advertisement