Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Was hoping for something more from Cyberpunk. Just a rather generic trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A good show by MS. At the very least, no one badly and embarrassingly trying to commentate over a multiplayer game or unveiling a brand new Porsche like last year.

DMC5. It's happening! At this stage, I don't even care if it's bad.

I went on to Youtube there to send a buddy the new Cyberpunk trailer and the first hit was the original reveal trailer, uploaded 5 years ago... Jesus, where does the time go?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

martyos121 wrote: »
    A lot of solid stuff there, but nothing truly exceptional bar Cyberpunk which won’t be an exclusive anyway.

I’ve said it a hundred times, I’m dying for a reason to buy the One X as it’s the gold standard of consoles, but the software just isn’t quite there yet to back it up for PS4 Pro owners. Third party games will always look better on it, but it needs a stready stream of new, top-notch exclusives, not the same ones rehashed like Gears, Forza and Halo.

At this stage I can see myself maybe picking one up towards the end of the life cycle, get gamepass for a year or so and catch up on some of the games. But yeah, unfortunately they showed nothing again this E3 that'd make me think of getting a One X this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was expecting an Xbox One X price cut & VR functionality to be announced. Was amazed Spencer hinted at future hardware 7 months after the X announced.

• Advertisement

A lot of solid stuff there, but nothing truly exceptional bar Cyberpunk which won’t be an exclusive anyway.

I’ve said it a hundred times, I’m dying for a reason to buy the One X as it’s the gold standard of consoles, but the software just isn’t quite there yet to back it up for PS4 Pro owners. Third party games will always look better on it, but it needs a stready stream of new, top-notch exclusives, not the same ones rehashed like Gears, Forza and Halo. As good as they are, they aren’t breaking new ground.

Sure why would you want one when you have a ps4 pro? Ps4 on the other hand, I'd keep that for the Sony exclusives and get the X for everything else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, the most impressive thing about this one was the five studios being bought. It was less than a year ago that Phil Spencer got the okay to start investing in their first party studios, and they've managed to secure 5 studios in the space of eight months since. That's a serious commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I went on to Youtube there to send a buddy the new Cyberpunk trailer and the first hit was the original reveal trailer, uploaded 5 years ago... Jesus, where does the time go?

Was that 5 fcuking years ago?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The tags before each video were confusing. I assumed "World Premiere" was the term for the multi platform games, but then they had that before Gears 5.

Oh and did Phil say they were working on consoles, plural?

I hope they don't have the same director for all conferences, cutting to the wide shot after the trailer starts and before the trailer ends. One trailer had text I couldn't read at the beginning, then at the end of the DMC 5 trailer they went wide before the bit at the end.

But I think I'll only be watching one more conference anyway and that's Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sure why would you want one when you have a ps4 pro? Ps4 on the other hand, I'd keep that for the Sony exclusives and get the X for everything else.

It’s just more powerful, and I much prefer MS controllers. I love PlayStation, but the DualShock 4 isn’t durable at all. I’ve already gone through three of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I guess it was good, but was very hard to track whats exclusive and what is payed time exclusive.

Forza 4 horizon looks great. Finally 60fps.
    Fallout 76 looks a bit meh. Not sure if it was right to do it so early in time line.
    Gears looks good. Makes me want to give 4 a go.
    New DMC5! Love it!
    Cyberpunk looks good.
    Division 2! Woot!!!! I will miss snow though. :(
    Halo? Meh.
    Battletoads?!??!?!?!
    Daying light 2 looked good. Like really good.

Buying so many new studios is cool, but didn't those studios already working for MS?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Was that 5 fcuking years ago?? :eek:

E3 2012

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yes, but I got that he was talking about consoles into the future, not just the next generation.

And lads, wtf is We happy few? MS owns them, but its published by Gearbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Jesus that was a killer conference. Blazing a path for other platforms to follow.

Playstation are going to have to pull something insane off to even be in the same league. Maybe an announcement of a more powerful Playstation to close the huge gap between the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The tags before each video were confusing. I assumed "World Premiere" was the term for the multi platform games, but then they had that before Gears 5.

I assumed "world premier" meant "you're seeing this for the first time here". As in, it was a premier for the trailer. But then other trailers seemed to contradict this so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is bethesda tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

And lads, wtf is We happy few? MS owns them, but its published by Gearbox?

One of two possible scenarios:

1 - MS bought We Happy Few Studio post-Gearbox deal, so they used We Happy Few to show off what the company is about and what they can do, but MS will have nothing to do with publishing that game.

2 - MS will publish We Happy Few on Xbox while the Gearbox deal stays in place for PC and PS4.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I assumed "world premier" meant "you're seeing this for the first time here". As in, it was a premier for the trailer. But then other trailers seemed to contradict this so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah and presumably Console Launch Exclusive meant timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is bethesda tonight?

• Advertisement

Is bethesda tonight?

Indeed it is. 02.30am for us.

More importantly, Devolver Digital's follows Bethesda's conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I hope they don't have the same director for all conferences, cutting to the wide shot after the trailer starts and before the trailer ends. One trailer had text I couldn't read at the beginning, then at the end of the DMC 5 trailer they went wide before the bit at the end.

But I think I'll only be watching one more conference anyway and that's Nintendo.

The "world premiere" is just the first time the trailer is being shown and kinda designed to mislead just like the "launch exclusive" crap that ties a game to a console for X amount of time.

I wonder if the whole working on another console was to preempt Sony dropping a PS5?

Jesus that was a killer conference. Blazing a path for other platforms to follow.

Playstation are going to have to pull something insane off to even be in the same league. Maybe an announcement of a more powerful Playstation to close the huge gap between the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

It was good conference, but Sony will still kill it. They have actual exclusive heavy hitters.
    As much as I liked conference, they just showed off a lot of other people games.

I like that ms is focusing on game pass. Anyone who haven't played Division should go for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone have an idea what’s being speculated for Bethesda tonight? Don’t want to wait up that late just for an hour of Fallout 76.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Indeed it is. 02.30am for us.

More importantly, Devolver Digital's follows Bethesda's conference.
    Xenji wrote: »

Damn too late for me.

It was good conference, but Sony will still kill it. They have actual exclusive heavy hitters.
    As much as I liked conference, they just showed off a lot of other people games.

I like that ms is focusing on game pass. Anyone who haven't played Division should go for it now.

Sony have the edge already, the exclusives will dominate

Anyone have an idea what’s being speculated for Bethesda tonight? Don’t want to wait up that late just for an hour of Fallout 76.

Fallout 76 gameplay reveal.
    Prey expansion (probably a 'available now' moment)
    Wolfenstein 3 tease
    Doom 5 tease
    Elder Scrolls Online Somerset (isn't it amazing, everyone?! We have x number of subscribers)
    RAGE 2
    And probably something new from Arkane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Pete Hines has said they still have a couple of surprises to show. Speculation includes Prey DLC, new Dishonored, Doom sequel, TES6, Starfield....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can't see that happening. What incentive do they have to do that? Even with the One X bring a vastly superior machine, it's being outsold four to one by the Pro according to estimates.

• Advertisement

If all the titles were exclusive then it's one hell of a conference, that only 3 or so are makes it less impressive. Don't get me wrong, if you love sequels and Triple A titles then the next year is absolutely stacked but so far at E3 new IPs are sorely lacking. And yes Cyberpunk is a new IP but we ain't going to see that for at least 2 years.

I'm hoping Sony show us progress made on last year reveals and then announce some mid tier original IPs instead of focusing on massive third party titles. That said Devolver Digital is about the only E3 conference that I will ever watch more than just the videos for so I'm hoping that they have a stacked line up of titles and that wot they bring to showing just how pointless E3 is.

Advertisement