Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah and presumably Console Launch Exclusive meant timed exclusive.

Yeah, there's confusion every year, and this year they changed it up again.

From what I got out of it

"World Premiere" = the first time that this game is being shown
    "Exclusive" = It's exclusive to Microsoft platforms (Xbox and PC)
    "Console Launch Exclusive" = It's a timed exclusive game that'll hit PS4 eventually.

Except that this time around, they put "World Premiere" in front of Microsoft Studios games, like Gears 5, which even threw me for a bit. Perhaps they just didn't feel the need to tell people that it was exclusive seeing as it was from a first party studio anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pete Hines has said they still have a couple of surprises to show. Speculation includes Prey DLC, new Dishonored, Doom sequel, TES6, Starfield....

Anyone enjoy Prey? I finished it but it felt like a real chore at times and the ending sucked donkey balls. I don't know if DLC would make me want to dip my toes back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Regardless of how many exclusive, timed or otherwise, one things for sure, there's a metric $hit-tonne of great games coming out in the near future that are must buys for me. Gears, halo, dying light 2, division 2,horizons 4, and beyond all signs to the contrary, crackdown 3 looks significantly better than the last time it was shown. Time to start saving money now!
    I will say though, that pubg trailer is some straight up false advertising, the game will never perform like that on Xbox, certainly not at the rate they're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Anyone enjoy Prey? I finished it but it felt like a real chore at times and the ending sucked donkey balls. I don't know if DLC would make me want to dip my toes back in.

I loved it. Felt it really flew under the radar and didn't get the attention or accolades it deserves.

This new DLC should be interesting and take us to the Moon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's also Inside Xbox tomorrow, which should have more reveals, and go more indepth into some games.

I'd guess that the new Elite controller will be shown there.

• Advertisement

I really liked it, generally played it during my lunch break at work but found it engaging and fun though can see why people would be disappointed by it. Do hope that any DLC will be set off the station.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Prey was fantastic, so really hoping for some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some really really cool stuff there and they might even get me to care about Gears 5 if the story, as it looks it might, pivots away from Marcus and his kid.

I thought it was class. Got the platinum and would love more. Only problem was the loading times going rapidly between areas at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

God damn you microsoft just take my money!

A good showing from Microsoft I thought.
    Forza looks pretty good, going to enjoy that.
    Gears 5 looks visually fantastic
    Halo doesn't look anything special
    Dying Light looks really good will definitely be picking up a copy
    Battletoads was interesting to say the least
    Cyberpunk looks epic, can't wait for that
    Metro I thought looked pretty good really peaked my interest.

Could have done with release dates but overall a good show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I thought it was class. Got the platinum and would love more. Only problem was the loading times going rapidly between areas at the end.

That drove me up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ori looked brilliant. It really is a true gem in the xbox library.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    There's also Inside Xbox tomorrow, which should have more reveals, and go more indepth into some games.

I'd guess that the new Elite controller will be shown there.

They didn't show as many indie games this year so they will probably go over those tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Can't see that happening. What incentive do they have to do that? Even with the One X bring a vastly superior machine, it's being outsold four to one by the Pro according to estimates.

Games and more importantly console exclusive games are what sells a system much more so than the hardware. As good as that conference was for gamers, it wasn't great for Xbox seeing 90% of what was shown is multiplatform so yeah why would Sony be worried. Sony at this point just have to not pull an EA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They didn't show as many indie games this year so they will probably go over those tomorrow as well.

There was a load of cool looking stuff crammed into the ID @ Xbox segment but it was hard to take in. Hopefully that all gets a chance to be shown in depth

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There was a load of cool looking stuff crammed into the ID @ Xbox segment but it was hard to take in. Hopefully that all gets a chance to be shown in depth

The ID stuff definitely got more time last year. Loved the look of Ashen and Linky Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Really great showing from Xbox, some great games on show, suppose I'll buy an Xbox One X at some stage soon enough now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Except that this time around, they put "World Premiere" in front of Microsoft Studios games, like Gears 5, which even threw me for a bit. Perhaps they just didn't feel the need to tell people that it was exclusive seeing as it was from a first party studio anyway?

Maybe they just confused themselves and didn't know what went where.

So seems MS just had the advantage of going first, apart from EA, so could show off more premieres. By the time Sony come around, Bethesda, Ubisoft and Square Enix would all have had their shows, leaving only Sony exclusives, console exclusives and timed exclusives.

I think REmake 2 will be a timed Sony exclusive or have some kind of deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Jesus that was a killer conference. Blazing a path for other platforms to follow.

Playstation are going to have to pull something insane off to even be in the same league. Maybe an announcement of a more powerful Playstation to close the huge gap between the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Please, there has been no "fanboy"ing from either side so far. Please don't start the whole PS sux/XBOX RULEZ stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Was expecting an Xbox One X price cut & VR functionality to be announced. Was amazed Spencer hinted at future hardware 7 months after the X announced.

I missed what he said. Was that at the end just before the wrapup/Cyberpunk reveal? I was listening to that close as I thought he was gonna mention VR compatibility for the XB1X.

It would be a bit early for that yet. (2021 they are predicting for last physical generation). I presume they are talking about getting the most out of the hardware. Especially the extra oomph of the XB1X. And maybe peripherals.

I'm surprised they didn't bring up the disability adapter. That was a bold and VERY welcome move and should be applauded by all. Hopefully it will spur the other two to look into it. Hats off to them for that

Will we see a Borderlands 3 reveal????

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ha, apparently there were a bunch of hidden codes in Cyberpunk trailer that were actually download codes for Witcher 3. Gotta love CDPR :)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    ...... Linky Fox....

I was trying to think of a term. Nice one. Jezuz. The music, the art design. At the start I thought "Link's Awakening". Only the combat seemed different (Probably for legal reasons). I mean even his tunic!!! When does an homage become a ripoff? (Great Giana sisters.... That's when)

Yes, but I got that he was talking about consoles into the future, not just the next generation.

Turns out that my assumption was wrong, he was talking plural. Apparently they'll have two consoles next time around, one main console as standard, and then a streaming console along side it. Presumably they want to take advantage of their streaming tech that they mentioned in the briefing.

Microsoft are possibly one of the few companies in the world that could actually do game streaming right, they already have a massive collection of data centres around the globe. I'm still unconvinced by that type of future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Hidden letter embedded within the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer:

453060.jpg

Second part of the letter, or the other side of it:

453061.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

r/Games wrote:
    It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Here’s the letter in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well I'm defo excited for Cyberpunk. Only thing that I've any interest in or hope for from what has been shown so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And the Skate 4 dream continues!!!!

https://twitter.com/PlayStationFR/status/1005896165341069312?s=19

Edit: PS France said don't get your hopes up, this was just a skateboard montage they made up for E3.

Da Fuuuuuk s'il vous plait???

Advertisement