Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Devolver up next so umm put your kids to bed ?

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Corporate bullshít lingo is over 9000! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Besides Doom 2 it was a pretty disappointing conference. Walmart really screwed them with leaking Rage 2. Fallout 76 could go either way, the whole 'building' element looks just a mess waiting to happen, that was a terrible part of Fallout 4. Not sure how single player could work in the way they described it. Elder Scrolls was mostly pointless unless they could have shown something. Howards 'edgy' joke about their games 'apparently' having bugs was a bit oof as well.

"Stinking bug fúck minions!" :pac:

Devolver Digital wins E3. No competition. Calling out the utter inane bullshít of the gaming industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

That twitching guy creeped me out,reminded me of jacobs ladder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Last interview I read suggested ES6 was in the pipeline but a long way away, so I'll try not to get too excited. Impression was very much that they were taking their time with it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metal Wolf Chaos release confirmed.

On the one hand I'm delighted. The game is an absolute blast and it's both the dumbest game ever and also a very clever criticism of The US.

On the other hand I spent an absolute fortune to buy this game about 3 years ago and it will probably be released at 20 euro :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So if someone says tomorrow that Playstation had a better conference than Xbox I can dismiss their post has fanboying and do a desperate post asking for fanboys to toe the line.

Don't be a snowflake lol.
    It's all over..... E3 2018 in the bag :)
    It's game over lads
    Oh well. E3 is over. Good win.

In Phil we trust.
    Microsoft really killing it this year. I'd be suprised if Sony even show up at all :D

Failsafe in 2052
    2c05b5.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't watch the Bethesda conference, but it seemed pretty poor tbh. Other than Fallout 76, they tell us that they are working on TES6 and Starfield, but show pretty much nothing of either? Guess we'll wait to see something about them in 2 years or so.

As for Fallout 76, i'm not sure about it to be honest. The trailer looked like it could be fun, but i'll need to see how it actually plays. I'd prefer it to be a regular single player game tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MOD NOTE: Penn has been warned for ignoring a mod instruction.

No more console wars nonsense please, especially ones that are aimed at posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Penn has been warned for ignoring a mod instruction.

No more console wars nonsense please, especially ones that are aimed at posters.

Tbf, it was gas…

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What were the big takes from the MS conference that people are so up on? I skimmed through it last night after the cinema and didn't see much that was utterly hype.

Will take another look today at some articles and reactions to it - see what I missed or didn't appreciate through the skimming.

What were the big takes from the MS conference that people are so up on? I skimmed through it last night after the cinema and didn't see much that was utterly hype.

Will take another look today at some articles and reactions to it - see what I missed or didn't appreciate through the skimming.

I think people saw an MS conference with games and were taken aback by the fact that they showcased games. That 90% of them will be on PS4 also didn't matter at all as MS tried to sneakily imply that these were exclusives.

I watched the trailers for them this morning and as I said previously, it's a great line up if you love sequels, triple-A titles and waiting years for a game to actually get released. Felt much the same about the Elder Scrolls VI reveal as I did by Cyberpunk, great to see a tiny bit of it but it's years away so why bother.

Bethesda had a pretty solid showing, granted it was pretty much sequel city but new Doom and Wolfenstein is always a good thing and Rage 2 looks like fun. That said the opening of the Bethedsa conference is like watching human AI try to pretend that they aren't all dead on the inside as they hold their phones up and have no reaction to Andrew W.K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Metal Wolf Chaos release confirmed.

On the one hand I'm delighted. The game is an absolute blast and it's both the dumbest game ever and also a very clever criticism of The US.

On the other hand I spent an absolute fortune to buy this game about 3 years ago and it will probably be released at 20 euro :pac:

Is that the from soft shooter?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is that the from soft shooter?

Yeah where you play the president of the USA in a Mech.

Doom eternal

*Insert Antonio banderes gif here*

Thank you Bethesda

Yessss

Corholio wrote: »
    Besides Doom 2 it was a pretty disappointing conference. Walmart really screwed them with leaking Rage 2. Fallout 76 could go either way, the whole 'building' element looks just a mess waiting to happen, that was a terrible part of Fallout 4. Not sure how single player could work in the way they described it. Elder Scrolls was mostly pointless unless they could have shown something. Howards 'edgy' joke about their games 'apparently' having bugs was a bit oof as well.

I think the opposite. Rage 2 has inadvertently received huge marketing and the Rage 2 twitter team have been brilliant in its promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ha, apparently there were a bunch of hidden codes in Cyberpunk trailer that were actually download codes for Witcher 3. Gotta love CDPR :)

Ah feck. I spotted what looked like game codes straight away, went back to the VOD and tried a few of them but none worked.
    I just assumed that it was a coincidence :pac:

I was probably too slow anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I think they were used up pretty immediately according to reddit!

Looking forward to seeing more of Cyberpunk, was sure that was superhot 2 coming when the terminal lines came up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sneaky CDPR!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think people saw an MS conference with games and were taken aback by the fact that they showcased games. That 90% of them will be on PS4 also didn't matter at all as MS tried to sneakily imply that these were exclusives.

I don't think that they tried that, they were pretty clear with the whole "exclusive" thing at the start of every trailer. In fact, on here anyway, they came under questioning for not claiming Gears 5 as an exclusive.

The rest of your criticisms are bang on though, it's Sequel City 6: The Sequeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

maximoose wrote:
    Looking forward to seeing more of Cyberpunk, was sure that was superhot 2 coming when the terminal lines came up

As good as Superhot is that is not something you end a conference with.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CatInABox wrote: »
    I don't think that they tried that, they were pretty clear with the whole "exclusive" thing at the start of every trailer. In fact, on here anyway, they came under questioning for not claiming Gears 5 as an exclusive.

The rest of your criticisms are bang on though, it's Sequel City 6: The Sequeling.

Yeah, generally it fell into three categories:

World Premiere = We're the first ones revealing/announcing the game
    Console Launch Exclusive = Game launches first on Xbox
    Exclusive = Exclusive

So some Exclusives and Console Launch Exclusives also counted as World Premieres, but only ones specifically called Exclusive are exclusives. I thought that was pretty clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was really impressed by what I saw. Dying Light 2 looks the most promising but Gears Tactics and Gears 5 have me interested in that series again after the snorefest that was Gears 4.

The Cuphead sequel is a huge deal for me, while Crackdown 3 will be great if (and it's a big if) it can live it to the trailer.

One of the big things to pique my interest though was the story trailer for We Happy Few and it looks like it might be finally living up to the first trailer we saw last year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Elder Scrolls VI reveal had landed over night. Super excited for this. Cannot wait ... and it looks like it'll be a long wait :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, the biggest news was probably that Microsoft bought 5 studios to bolster their first party commitment. Won't pay off for years, but it's probably put a nail in the coffin of any talk about Microsoft pulling out of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm actually woefully unimpressed by Bethesda's presentation.

Yes, they have Elder Scrolls VI, Doom and Wolfenstein announced, but they showed sweet sod all.

Elder Scrolls VI has been known to have been in the works for the last few years. Doom was always going to get a sequel after the 2016 release and Wolfenstein has been better than ever with the previous two releases.

Honestly it just felt like meme heaven were they appealed to the lowest common denominator.

Actual gameplay clips would be far far better than yet more pre-rendered videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

As good as Microsofts and Bethesdas conferences where I'm still in a state of denial over the Command and Conquer announcement.
    I was so disappointed that it felt like a personal attack. I'll need the week off work to bounce back from this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rory28 wrote: »
    As good as Microsofts and Bethesdas conferences where I'm still in a state of denial over the Command and Conquer announcement.
    I was so disappointed that it felt like a personal attack. I'll need the week off work to bounce back from this.

EA are a bags of dicks for what they did to that franchise!

Advertisement