Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bioware announce they're scrapping Anthem for a ground-up remake of the Mass Effect trilogy. The world rejoices.

No more remakes, a brand new Mass Effect surely would be better? Too many remakes around, they don't sell that well at all.

A new Dragon Age would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For me I'm hoping Shadows Die Twice is revealed as a Bloodborne 2 or a multiplatform similar universe a la Demons Souls.
    Bethesda's Starfield would also be nice

I'd love BB2, or a spin off game that's multiplatform so everyone can enjoy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No more remakes, a brand new Mass Effect surely would be better? Too many remakes around, they don't sell that well at all.

A new Dragon Age would be perfect.

I'd rather see Bioware tackle something different. Mass Effect is just fantasy with a sci reskin and the same story they always tell stolen from riftwar/game of thrones. Get some fresh writing talent on board as their games look so by the numbers compared to what Obsidian and CD Projekt are doing.

I think we will just see more of Anthem. I'd say all of Bioware is wrapped up in that game. I can see that game releasing and flopping hard as the arse has fallen out of the Destiny loot'em up genre or else it's being reworked into something far different. I hope it's the later as if Anthem comes out and flops I can see Bioware getting gutted and closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd rather see Bioware tackle something different. Mass Effect is just fantasy with a sci reskin and the same story they always tell stolen from riftwar/game of thrones. Get some fresh writing talent on board as their games look so by the numbers compared to what Obsidian and CD Projekt are doing.

I think we will just see more of Anthem. I'd say all of Bioware is wrapped up in that game. I can see that game releasing and flopping hard as the arse has fallen out of the Destiny loot'em up genre or else it's being reworked into something far different. I hope it's the later as if Anthem comes out and flops I can see Bioware getting gutted and closed down.

After what happened to both Mass Effect and Dragon Age that might not be bad thing. I had fun with Inquisition but I would rather replay Origins than go back into Inquisition. The same with Andromeda. I was hyped for that game but it is the only one out of both that I never replayed.

They turned excellent RPG games into bland adventure games. Boo I say.

Inquisition was fun until that war table thing came into play. Made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. No need for it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be very happy with either a new Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Some great games in there over the two series, and they have interesting worlds already built, with plenty to do with either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I hope its an obsidian fallout and not an MMO

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TES didnt do very well so hopefully an RPG.

I'd actually rather an Elder Scrolls logo. Just acknowledge that it's coming, I don't mind when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Falthyron wrote: »

Will this not be a Fallout 3 remaster? 10 years old this year!

madcabbage wrote: »
    Will this not be a Fallout 3 remaster? 10 years old this year!

It is possible, but the colouring of the broadcast announcement is not in line with the usual monochrome background that comes with every other Fallout announcement. The added colour suggests it is an off-shoot/spin-off of the main franchise, imo. Some sort of MMO in the Fallout universe or a New Vegas type spin-off.

Besides, this is drawing a lot of hype and attention and if you are only going to come out and say: "Its a remaster. 60 dollars, play the same content all over again", fans will be píssed. It has got to be something new. That's not to say a remaster isn't coming anyway. I just reckon it would be a smaller announcement, perhaps a throwaway small reveal at the E3 conference itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Some sort of MMO in the Fallout universe

This i actually would like to see, I've always wanted someone to do a good MMO with guns and the likes, Was always hoping Blizzard would do a Starcraft MMO :(

Bethesda live on Twitch now although not much happening
    https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

73,000 viewers live. The hype is real

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

136,000 at the moment. Swear to god if it's a Switch version of FO4.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

madcabbage wrote: »
    136,000 at the moment. Swear to god if it's a Switch version of FO4.... :pac:

I'd say FO 4 on the switch is the front runner. ****ty move to make people watch a live stream of nothing for a switch port though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It is possible, but the colouring of the broadcast announcement is not in line with the usual monochrome background that comes with every other Fallout announcement. The added colour suggests it is an off-shoot/spin-off of the main franchise, imo. Some sort of MMO in the Fallout universe or a New Vegas type spin-off.

So Fallout: Battle Royale then?

I'm still sure its Fallout 4 Remastered or somesuch......been like....5 minutes since Bethesda last did a Skyrim re-release so gotta get a rehash out soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather they announced that they are striking fallout 4 from Canon and never releasing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Loving the look of this game:

Very Battlefield 4-ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Very Battlefield 4-ish

BF3 too. Yeah, it looks good. But what will it do different to those games ? Has to bring something new to the table ?

Without knowing anything, I'm gonna throw a prediction out there.

This will be F2P or paid early access, guessing because it's STEAM only atm. It will be cheap upon release and I imagine the game will end up being pay2win.

I hope I'm wrong as it looks cool. But games in recent years have caused me to be a cynic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd say FO 4 on the switch is the front runner. ****ty move to make people watch a live stream of nothing for a switch port though.

It'll never happen. The CPUs in the ps4 and xbox one can barely handle fallout 4 as it is, it'd never work on the switch unless they rebuilt huge sections of the game.....or else people were OK with drops to single digit frames.

They did a decent job with doom, but even that's nowhere near as demanding as fallout is. Heavy on graphics, light on processing power. Fallout is the exact opposite which is why it runs badly on consoles, even updated for the one x and ps4 pro.

An updated fallout 3 or new Vegas would be perfect for the switch though.

A watch on the Bethesda stream (https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda) has been set to 9.45 am/pm. So, we might get something in 20 minutes if it is meant to be AM.

A watch on the Bethesda stream (https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda) has been set to 9.45 am/pm. So, we might get something in 20 minutes if it is meant to be AM.

In work and can't check did anything happen?

Rory28 wrote: »
    In work and can't check did anything happen?

They threw confetti.... fúcking trolls. 9.45PM, I guess.

They threw confetti.... fúcking trolls. 9.45PM, I guess.

ha. confetti is nice as well

Something is happening...

Todd is talking on screen now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fallout 76?

• Advertisement

Is it about the premature confetti? It happens to a lot of men

Advertisement