Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Reading an argument about RTS games is almost as much fun as playing them…

Can it be moved off here to its own thread because it's not really adding anything to this one beyond walls of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm still rocking the Day One OG 4. It has served me well. Fans get a little loud at times but other than that I've had no complaints. Releasing a New and Improved Pro would not be in Sony's list of things to do. All they have to do tonight is showcase the exclusives and new IP's. Beyond that, they've killed it this cycle.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Which sport are you playing because I can't find the goalposts anymore.

Good luck with your quest to prove to the world that RTS games are dead and gone, with MOBA being the future. I'll just wait for the CoH3 announcement this evening or in the near future. Followed by the AoE4 trailer which will be along shortly. I'll also wait and see what a great RTS developer will show off soon. Perhaps I will check out Iron Harvest and Anno 1800, too? If they don't pique my interest, I can always fall back on what new features will be added to Ashes of the Singularity in the coming months. Failing all of that, I reckon UbiSoft will announce a new Settlers game soon. That would be a welcome addition!

I hope your conviction about CnC Rivals being the best EA can do with the license right now brings you great satisfaction. If you have to pay €2 to play more than 3 games per day, I am sure paying that will give you a great sense of pride and accomplishment.

Again, someone points out factual inaccuracies in your post and contradictions and you ignore it in order to get a dig in.

Jesus Christ, but if you don't see that I am a fan of the RTS genre from my posts then either you have issues reading plain English are deliberlty ignoring anything that does not fit into your narrative.

Not once did I say that RTS game are dead and gone and the MOBA was the future, what I said was that the market wasn't there for a C&C, especially one that costs tens of millions to make. The market for RTS games is small, it's niche and the investment in the genre is small, you see a mobile game as EA saying we can't be bothered, I see it as them testing the water to see if people want C&C in 2018.

Did I ever say that a mobile title was the best they could do, yet again you take a post and twist it when you have no comeback. Multiple times you have contradicted yourself or ignored any factual evidence that proves you wrong. We get it, you have an issue with EA and you see them as some big bad developer, that's fine but there's no need to make things up about them. You have already written off a game you have not played for having elements that no one has shown exist yet.

You seem to be one of those people unable to have a rational discussion, you see the words EA and like some caveman you have your club ready to smash. I wonder if Blizzard announced a Starcraft Mobile title would you be so fast to attack them and cry about the death of a beloved genre?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

tenor.gif?itemid=4656261

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The difference between the Xbox One X and the PS Pro are negligible and in fact, many games look and play better on the Pro than the One X already so why would they release another console.

I wish that was the case but the vast majority of Digital Foundry videos show otherwise. Which isn't really a surprise given the Xbox One X tech and coming out a year after the Pro.

Just thinking about it now, If they revise the PS4 Pro model to be quieter I'd accept the lesser performance & graphics and buy it on release.

So I think tonight I'll be hoping for a revised PS4 Pro announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Please, please, do the rest of us a favour, and take it to PM or a thread more suited.

keane2097 wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4656261

Weird that a discussion relating to gaming would occur on a discussion forum.

LogoDates-768x485.png

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

I wish that was the case but the vast majority of Digital Foundry videos show otherwise. Which isn't really a surprise given the Xbox One X tech and coming out a year after the Pro.

Just thinking about it now, If they revise the PS4 Pro model to be quieter I'd accept the lesser performance & graphics and buy it on release.

So I think tonight I'll be hoping for a revised PS4 Pro announcement.

Plenty of Digital Foundry videos show the Pro running the game better. The difference between the consoles is tiny that any attempt to create another PS4 would be nothing more than a cash grab. There's not a single title on the Xbox One X that comes close to matching the look of God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn. Rise of the Tomb Raider runs far smoother on the Pro than on the One X which I was surprised by.

If you Pro is noisey then you have a faulty Pro or else you need to clean the dust out of your fans.

keane2097 wrote: »
    LogoDates-768x485.png

There was me thinking that discussion around a game announced during E3 would be discussed in this thread. Hang on I'm sure I can find a funny gif to add to the thread like you have.

There was me thinking that discussion around a game announced during E3 would be discussed in this thread. Hang on I'm sure I can find a funny gif to add to the thread like you have.

Ok I'll check back later

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

109917.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Don't they will revise the Pro model so soon but stranger things have happened, I think it's about time I get a One X, a few decent titles shown last night and a few nice titles from Xbox, makes a change from the last 5 years of solely Halo, Forza and Gears...

Even though we got all them anyway :)

Here's one to suit your mood…

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Plenty of Digital Foundry videos show the Pro running the game better.

What games were these?

Genuinely interested. The only game I can remember DF said ran better on the Pro was Fifa 18

Anyway, no chance of another Pro coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Plenty of Digital Foundry videos show the Pro running the game better. The difference between the consoles is tiny that any attempt to create another PS4 would be nothing more than a cash grab. There's not a single title on the Xbox One X that comes close to matching the look of God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn. Rise of the Tomb Raider runs far smoother on the Pro than on the One X which I was surprised by.

If you Pro is noisey then you have a faulty Pro or else you need to clean the dust out of your fans.

Even regardless of whether or not games look better on the One X or Pro, it's too late in the console cycle to come out with an update version, as Sony's focus will now be on the PS5 and trying to showcase the jump in graphics and performance between the Pro and PS5 once it's announced. Another interim bump in graphics in the meantime would lessen that. They also have no need to do so, as many are perfectly content with the performance of the Pro, as approx. sales figures show.

All Sony need to do tonight is what they've done for the past few years. Showcase some multiplatform games, expand on any announced upcoming exclusives, show off a few indie & VR games, and maybe throw in a new announcement or two.

Will it match/beat the MS conference? Probably not. I don't think they're trying to either. Sony tend to hold off many announcements for other conferences throughout the year.

Can you mention these games. I watch every Digital Foundry video and don't see "plenty" multiplatform games better on PS4 Pro.

Since you mention it, checkout Digital Foundry's Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X/PS4 Pro analysis by John. As expected the XB1X is the definitive edition.
    https://youtu.be/x77TOR9HC5Y

The PS4 Pro is always noisy but I bet they can and will do a revised model shortly and I'll get one. Hoping for it tonight/morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So what do people think Square Enix will show off?

An RTS game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

An RTS game?

I hope so!! :D:D:D

KH3 is a given, maybe something on FF7 Remake? That would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm too lazy to do a venn diagram, but If I wasnt, I'd have real time strategy fans in one circle, console gamers in the other, and in the tiny sliver that overlaps, I'd put people who would buy a mouse and keyboard to play it.

Its a nonsense argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I hope so!! :D:D:D

KH3 is a given, maybe something on FF7 Remake? That would be nice
    An RTS game?

FF7 is now an RTS,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I want to see something of the Avengers game they're working on, just so I can not waste time, and lose interest now instead of later. :pac:

I know remasters are generally shitty, but I'd love a remake of the first Deus Ex with the modern engine. Not likely, but I'd love it.

maximoose wrote: »
    What games were these?

Genuinely interested. The only game I can remember DF said ran better on the Pro was Fifa 18

Anyway, no chance of another Pro coming out

Not off the top of my head, I don't watch them all but there's been a few including the most recent Metal Gear Survive that they stated played better on Pro than One X.
    Penn wrote: »
    Even regardless of whether or not games look better on the One X or Pro, it's too late in the console cycle to come out with an update version, as Sony's focus will now be on the PS5 and trying to showcase the jump in graphics and performance between the Pro and PS5 once it's announced. Another interim bump in graphics in the meantime would lessen that. They also have no need to do so, as many are perfectly content with the performance of the Pro, as approx. sales figures show.

All Sony need to do tonight is what they've done for the past few years. Showcase some multiplatform games, expand on any announced upcoming exclusives, show off a few indie & VR games, and maybe throw in a new announcement or two.

Will it match/beat the MS conference? Probably not. I don't think they're trying to either. Sony tend to hold off many announcements for other conferences throughout the year.

Sony don't go to E3 to beat others, they use it to showcase games and announce a couple of titles. Tokyo Gameshow is where Sony unveil a lot of titles and honestly, think that they are going to use tonight to show where they are in development on previously released titles.

If there are 3 years left in the PS4 as suggested then I could see a slight upgrade but doubt it would be this year. I want Sony to use tonight to show us a little more of the various titles in development and that'll make me very happy.

Can you mention these games. I watch every Digital Foundry video and don't see "plenty" multiplatform games better on PS4 Pro.

Since you mention it, checkout Digital Foundry's Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X/PS4 Pro analysis by John. As expected the XB1X is the definitive edition.
    https://youtu.be/x77TOR9HC5Y

The PS4 Pro is always noisy but I bet they can and will do a revised model shortly and I'll get one. Hoping for it tonight/morning.

Actually, the definitive version of Tomb Raider is on PC. Nothing in that video states that One X is definitive and in fact a lot of the talk is about what they hope to see the One X do when they play the full game.

If you Pro is noisy then this is an issue with your console as mine is never noticeable noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I want to see something of the Avengers game they're working on, just so I can not waste time, and lose interest now instead of later. :pac:

I know remasters are generally shitty, but I'd love a remake of the first Deus Ex with the modern engine. Not likely, but I'd love it.

jesus that brings back so many memories, I'm amazed how much of it I can recall, tracer tong, versalife, jaime reyes, and the password to hack the computer by the compound being 'smashthestate'

what an amazing game for its time, that first level at the statue of liberty was great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

and the password to hack the computer by the compound being 'smashthestate'

When in doubt, 0451 :pac:

• Advertisement

If you Pro is noisy then this is an issue with your console as mine is never noticeable noisy.
    You don't happen to live in a Aircraft control tower or a wind tunnel manufacturing plant? Lol.

I don't own one but I've played many at friends houses and they are crazy loud. I like to play campaign game audio on my sound system and that noise would kill the experience.

A "Slim" model of the Pro could be the remedy. Fingers crossed tonight.

Advertisement