Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

All I wanted from E3 2018 was a thread free from trolling that would be actively enforced by the mods, so far, it's been disappointing but I suppose there is always next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There will be no revised model of the PS4 on show tonight. Sony have no incentive to do so and there's nobody really looking for one at this moment.

New Spiderman details, Last of us 2 gameplay hopefully with a release window plus Death Stranding gameplay and I'll be happy.

Add in Rocksteady announcing their new game and it being a Superman or Justice League game and I'll be absolutely ecstatic.

I don't own one but I've played many at friends houses and they are crazy loud. I like to play campaign game audio on my sound system and that noise would kill the experience.

So you are criticising a console that you don't own for an issue that actual owners of the console don't have.

The only time I notice my Pro being loud is during loading screens when no audio is coming through TV and I don't play the volume load when using TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was anything EA shown at Xboxs conference? Don't think it was.

Could we maybe see EA access being announced at Playstations event?

Would also like to see Spiderman and Red Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dudeeile wrote: »
    All I wanted from E3 2018 was a thread free from trolling that would be actively enforced by the mods, so far, it's been disappointing but I suppose there is always next year.

to play devils advocate, I dont think theres much trolling going on?

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote:

Could see it but it may be something we see later on when the Netflix for games model is fully showcased. More I think about it the more I'm coming to like the idea of a service I can use across devices as long as it has multiple publisher support and I can still get games psychically as I'm actively collecting consoles and games to play during my retirement years.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Battlefield V had stuff shown during the Xbox conference I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Last time Lara flies Easyjet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone have a list of what is actually properly exclusive to Xbox, and not "console first" or whatever similar misleading jargon used?

Games solely getting released on Xbox One and not PC also?

Fieldog wrote:

The answer to that as far as I know is nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice shout out from PS to Kaz on his last E3.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/1006201332972310528?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

So you are criticising a console that you don't own for an issue that actual owners of the console don't have.

The only time I notice my Pro being loud is during loading screens when no audio is coming through TV and I don't play the volume load when using TV.

I've owned my Pro for about seven months and in the past three weeks or so when I'm running certain games (GoW/Hellblade) for about 5 minutes after the inital start up of the game my small dinning room sounds like a jet engine is starting up.

I'm no tech head so I'd be wary of doing more than a general hoover round it. I also don't have the time or patience to mess around with support after a few previous bad experiences, so for now I'll just live and let live until it becomes unbearable.

Someone mentioned Deus Ex remaster....my god , yes.

Spoiler alert:

On my first playthrough when the agent Smith looking guys came for the protagonists brother, he was killed and the story moved on. I couldn't believe it during my second playthrough when I saved him and there was some interesting changes to the entire story! A

I noticed on the Halo infinity trailer it had Windows 10 on sign above the stage so I assume that will be the first Halo on PC since 2?

(not counting the forge thing and russian halo 3 ftp yoke)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gears Tactics is a PC only game which is kinda weird but it suits the platform more tbh

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of what is actually properly exclusive to Xbox, and not "console first" or whatever similar misleading jargon used?

Halo, gears 5, crackdown, Forza, Ori and the battle toads game are the only straight up exclusives off the top of my head. Xbox exclusive now includes the Windows 10 store so all playable on pc too and you won't have to buy any of them either as they'll all go straight into game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I recognise the narrators voice for Square Enix, but I can't put my finger on who's doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I recognise the narrators voice for Square Enix, but I can't put my finger on who's doing it.

Keith David

Man i hope that Final Fantasy x Monster Hunter cross over is MH content, as i stopped playing Final Fantasy 14

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Halo, gears 5, crackdown, Forza, Ori and the battle toads game are the only straight up exclusives off the top of my head. Xbox exclusive now includes the Windows 10 store so all playable on pc too and you won't have to buy any of them either as they'll all go straight into game pass.

A lot less than I thought... :(

I assume the game pass is cross platform then also?

Works for Xbox and Windows store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

vagrant story?

:edit: never mind

Keith David

Ah thank you so much. I was just about to Google "deep voiced black guy" out of desperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Fieldog wrote: »
    A lot less than I thought... :(

I assume the game pass is cross platform then also?

Works for Xbox and Windows store?

Yup, there's not a lot on it on pc apart from gears 4, sea of thieves and recore at the moment though. Its pretty handy in that you can get a months sub or use the Fred trial if it's still available to try out a game on launch which is what I did for sea of thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lara taking inspiration from Uncharted 4 with some of her new moves like grappling and wall running.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No better way to put people off Just Cause 4 than by revealing it with a background of fecking trap music.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A lot of ps4 console exclusives. Glad to see a John Wayne movie get an action game

This trailer looks familiar

God dammit, I finish work in 3 minutes. Show a new trailer before I have to drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A lot of ps4 console exclusives. Glad to see a John Wayne movie get an action game

This trailer looks familiar

Delighted to finally see a game set in my county. Never noticed all them skyscrapers before though.

Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Its over, hah

But don't SE keep all the big stuff for Tokyo game show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

So far, I'm underwhelmed by E3.
    Xbox conference was good, loved the fact they finally bought a few studios. But Ea,square enix,bethesda have been disappointing.

Advertisement