Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

dudeeile wrote: »
    All I wanted from E3 2018 was a thread free from trolling that would be actively enforced by the mods, so far, it's been disappointing but I suppose there is always next year.

You know, at least one of the mods is still stuck in work trying to get an important project out the door on deadline day.

I'll deal with the serious business of console wars when I get out of here.

Anyway, what I've seen is handbags compared to the chimpanzee **** flinging contests of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube days.

Its over, hah

Wait for Square Enix E3 0.5, 1.5 + 2.5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So no FF7 remake footage?

Is it too early to call Vapourware?

Murseyless wrote:
    I've owned my Pro for about seven months and in the past three weeks or so when I'm running certain games (GoW/Hellblade) for about 5 minutes after the inital start up of the game my small dinning room sounds like a jet engine is starting up.

Try moving it to a clear space, my brother had one since launch and before he traded it in for the GoW edition it was still quiet

Wait for Square Enix E3 0.5, 1.5 + 2.5

And don't forget Square Enix 358/2 Final edition remix revival super turbo the new challengers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »

One of Sony's Big 4 :pac:

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'll deal with the serious business of console wars when I get out of here.

Has there been any console wars, closest thus far has been discussion regarding the lack of need for a new PS4 Pro given that the difference between the One X and Pro is so negligible.

I just keep getting a raft of reported post notifications. Serious business a foot. I'll tell them to calm down over in Syria while I get this sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Missed SE conference. Anything decent announced?

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I just keep getting a raft of reported post notifications. Serious business a foot. I'll tell them to calm down over in Syria while I get this sorted.

Ah right, don't think there's been any console wars or flaming today. Unless you count posts discussing the lack of need for a new PS4 as the existing one is almost identical the the One X output.

• Advertisement

Missed SE conference. Anything decent announced?

Platinum is making a new game called Babylon’s Fall and they have some action game about a deaf bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

they have some action game about a deaf bloke.

Thought the 30 seconds shown seemed interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Platinum is making a new game called Babylon’s Fall and they have some action game about a deaf bloke.

Just Cause 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Life is Strange 2 prequel and Nier Automata were lifted straight from the Microsoft conference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

People reporting posts need to get a fekin life! Just deal with not liking what is being posted.

This type of discussion is just part of the E3 buzz. Don't neuter it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Pac1Man wrote: »
    People reporting posts need to get a fekin life! Just deal with not liking what is being posted.

Reported.

Ah right, don't think there's been any console wars or flaming today. Unless you count posts discussing the lack of need for a new PS4 as the existing one is almost identical the the One X output.

Actually you and Falthyron were the worst. Think that's blown over but calm it down before it gets personal or you send the other posters to sleep talking about RTS games :P There's a Sony conference at 2.30 am to stay awake for.

Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are terrible anyway. Neither have blast processing.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Actually you and Falthyron were the worst. Think that's blown over but calm it down before it gets personal or you send the other posters to sleep talking about RTS games There's a Sony conference at 2.30 am to stay awake for.

Neither of us was at all insulting, it was just high spirited discussion and if people have no interest in it just skip the post and get on with their lives. If we all reported any posts we had no interest in in then most threads would be a single post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I like the look of dragon quest 11 but I'm only playing IV at the moment so it'll take me a while to catch up :pac:

Kingdom Hearts 3 looks interesting although I can never figure out what order to play the old ones in even though they're all on ps4.

A square enix conference isn't the same without yoko taro though :( Always next year I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s not really much to talk about in the downtime between events anyway, so if a discussion flows off from something related to the show there’s no problem with that. We’ll break conversations off into their own thread only when they’re off-topic in a prolonged and/or disruptive manner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I didn't enjoy Devolver Digita's conference, maybe I'm getting old but just thought it a load of nonsense.

Maybe I'm just annoyed there was no new Hotline Miami... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Nothing abou the new Marvel Avengers game either. Wonder if Sony will have the dibs on his alongside the Spider-Man game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It must be Phil Spencer's voice. Every time he speaks I spend the following few hours trying to justify an Xbox. Game pass is an incredibly enticing feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It must be Phil Spencer's voice. Every time he speaks I spend the following few hours trying to justify an Xbox. Game pass is an incredibly enticing feature.

How could you say no to this face? :rolleyes:

phil-spencer-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Mister Metokur on utube does a good irreverent stream, starting again at 9.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts 3 looks interesting although I can never figure out what order to play the old ones in even though they're all on ps4.

There's one correct way to play the Kingdom Hearts series: Don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I've heard a lot of good about KH1 & 2 to be honest, won't be a day one by any means but I might give the third one a go when it's out if it reviews about in line with the others.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of good about KH1 & 2 to be honest, won't be a day one by any means but I might give the third one a go when it's out if it reviews about in line with the others.

The only thing worse than KH are KH fans that say they are great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The only thing worse than KH are KH fans that say they are great.

I wasn't talking about Kingdom Hearts fans, was more referring to games critics.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/kingdom-hearts
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/kingdom-hearts-ii

Advertisement