Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I thought some of the animations for odyssey looked a bit rough.

The faces when there was dialogue reminded me of Andromeda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Falthyron wrote: »
    Not cool, Ubisoft, not cool.

Where was the surprise game at the end of the conference?
    Where was Sam Fisher?
    Where was The Settlers?

Poor from Ubisoft this year, imo.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 probably the best showing.

It looks really interesting but also really way off for a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The general consensus towards Odyssey seems to be positive from lapsed AC fans. As someone who’s finished every single one of them, I didn’t like what I saw at all. Origins was quite different to those that came before it, but it still kept a few core parts of the series intact. This looks to have ripped those out as well. It’s trying too hard to compete with the likes of Witcher 3 that it lost its own identity.

Looking at it as a game in its own right and not through AC-tinted lenses, it looks like a solid RPG, in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

People seem to forget AC: Odyssey was leaked, it was meant to be their big "surprise" (as much as a yearly AC installment is a surprise at this stage)!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

After watching most of the e3 I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed. It feels like market is oversaturated?
    So many games coming out in the space of few months after summer and a lot of them are games as services with multiplayer pushed in, which will need so much time. I love the idea of game as service and how it keeps games alive, but it is really **** when you have very limited time to play. I feel like I will miss out on so many games as I just won't have time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That was a cool cinematic for beyond good and evil, but the gameplay clip looked unbelievably rough.

AC looks phenomenal imo, I haven't played origins, but I thought that looked great, I'm quite happy to see it go more RPG focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

martyos121 wrote: »
    The general consensus towards Odyssey seems to be positive from lapsed AC fans. As someone who’s finished every single one of them, I didn’t like what I saw at all. Origins was quite different to those that came before it, but it still kept a few core parts of the series intact. This looks to have ripped those out as well. It’s trying too hard to compete with the likes of Witcher 3 that it lost its own identity.

Looking at it as a game in its own right and not through AC-tinted lenses, it looks like a solid RPG, in all fairness.

Similar to you, I've stuck with all the AC games when many lapsed as I just always got a kick out of them.

This just seems to be a different game altogether with the Assassin's Creed tagline. I can't understand having another combat system after totally reworking it last year nor can I understand going full RPG. Kick off a new franchise if you need to...

I also think this steadfast determination to have a modern element is a total waste of time seeing as it's apparently skippable. Either take it forward with grand plans or ditch it altogether.

That said, it looks good, but having it as an AC game given that its centuries prior to Origins seems a bit forced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Inside Xbox is starting up now, should be a couple of more minor announcements at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Trailer of Bohemia Interactives new game, Vigor.

Pc gaming show and they just showed Satisfactory!!!!! Its pure factorio in first person!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pc gaming show and they just showed Satisfactory!!!!! Its pure factorio in first person!!!

As soon as i saw it i knew you'd be the happiest person on boards :P

Kiith wrote: »
    As soon as i saw it i knew you'd be the happiest person on boards :P

I jizzed in my pants!!!!!! Thanks god misses a sleep! I finally managed to give up cracktorio for a bit, and now they show this?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

After watching most of the e3 I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed.

It's easy to get drawn into the hype during the few days and instinctively want everything, but how many titles do you really want? I can probably count on one hand at the moment. That will surely double after Sony and Nintendo get their grips on us. Just enjoy the indulgence!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Similar to you, I've stuck with all the AC games when many lapsed as I just always got a kick out of them.

This just seems to be a different game altogether with the Assassin's Creed tagline. I can't understand having another combat system after totally reworking it last year nor can I understand going full RPG. Kick off a new franchise if you need to...

I also think this steadfast determination to have a modern element is a total waste of time seeing as it's apparently skippable. Either take it forward with grand plans or ditch it altogether.

That said, it looks good, but having it as an AC game given that its centuries prior to Origins seems a bit forced.

I think they need to double down on the current day stuff rather than scrap it altogether, it’s something that divides the AC community though. The story of Desmond was quite well done but they’ve faltered since, and there’s no sign of it advancing based on the footage shown. I feel like we’ll never get a proper conclusion to that story. In hindsight, they should’ve wrapped up the entire series at the end of AC3 as it was as close to a satisfying ending as we’ve ever gotten. They could always have made the games that followed under another banner, without the current day aspect.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It's easy to get drawn into the hype during the few days and instinctively want everything, but how many titles do you really want? I can probably count on one hand at the moment. That will surely double after Sony and Nintendo get their grips on us. Just enjoy the indulgence!

I am more worried about saturation level of games that take most of your time and demand dedication. It will mean less games bought. So we as gamers will choose what to buy and play as not even money limited, but time is too. What I am trying to say, that a lot of good games might get overshadowed and not do as good. We sow that happen before.

Huh, Forza Horizon 4 has 4K 60FPS, nice

Ah, it's just a choice, performance or resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PC Gaming Show has debut gameplay from Overkill's The Walking Dead coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks, reason to tune in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Close your eyes and listen to the pc show.

Tom Green!

Any good link? I went into 3 and all had a ****ing eejit in the corner saying Bruh, this is lit bruh. Ffffffuuuuuck oooofffff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yakuza 0 & 1 coming to PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any good link? I went into 3 and all had a ****ing eejit in the corner saying Bruh, this is lit bruh. Ffffffuuuuuck oooofffff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aARzwDFGubc

Great news.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feck, did not expect Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to have a October 5th release date :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Feck, did not expect Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to have a October 5th release date :eek:

Just waiting for it to be delayed until February 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just cause 4 footage and news on the final season of telltale walking dead coming up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just waiting for it to be delayed until February 22!

Wouldn't surprise me if it was, what with red dead and Fallout releasing a few weeks later.

Telltale walking dead graphics upgrade look really nice. Note to finish season 3 before the final one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sega exec: You know we could make more money on our increasingly popular niche game if we released it on the format friendliest to niche titles?

Sega exec 2: You’ll have to slow down there. What’s this about money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hahaha the Rapture Rejects trailer was excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yakuza 0 is apparently out on August 1st too, only seven weeks off.

Advertisement