Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Enjoy the Sony conference whoever is staying up. Hopefully I wake up to gameplay and a release date for the last of us. Also Skate 4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That pc show was meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I'll read about Sony in the morning. Will watch the Sucker Punch Ghosts footage tomorrow at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Reading an article on Kotaku about AC Odyssey and oh no
    The boat is a big part of the game. Odyssey won’t just give AC players flashbacks to Origins. It’s also a callback to the water-based adventures of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and AC: Rogue

I really don't like combat in boats and planes in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I really don't like combat in boats and planes in games.

Or snakes on planes.

• Advertisement

Damn, that's a big change of stage for Sony this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"We're not gonna bombard you with trailers, instead we're gonna look deeper at some of the projects we've shown before."

Time for sleep.

Edit: After TLOU2, then sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Damn, that's a big change of stage for Sony this year.
    Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

J. Marston wrote:
    Edit: After TLOU2, then sleep.

Lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What is this ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Oh, the tent is the same and music too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Oh yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

136dc893003a30970520d73f8bbfaee5.jpg

Good thing I ate my snacks before the show

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tlou 2 giving god of war a run for its money in the looks department.

Those are some blind mofos

Seems like a heavy mix of scripted CGI mixed in with a bit of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

The worst part of TLoU was hiding behind waist high walls fighting humans, looks like it's an even heavier focus this time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That looked unbelievable

Seems like a heavy mix of scripted CGI mixed in with a bit of gameplay.

Definitely not. Looks like a heavily modified uncharted 4 engine. No way is that cgi.

The animation is a major upgrade on uncharted and the first game and considering they are the pinnacle in animation that's saying something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Adored TLOU and it looks like more of the same with extra bells and whistles. Happy out.

Thought we'd get a release date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Game looks absolutely amazing. Graphics look insane and the combat seems as tense as ever.

Wasn't that much of an applause after that. Usually Sony audience very loud clappers and whoopers.

Could be them being herded to next area...

Looks great. It was difficult tell how much was actual dynamic gameplay versus scripted CGI moments.

Hopefully people can try that slice of content and share their experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Damn, those were some graphics from TLoU Part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

not a fan of the "short intermissions", 2am is hard enough to stay up for

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Definitely not. Looks like a heavily modified uncharted 4 engine. No way is that cgi.

The animation is a major upgrade on uncharted and the first game and considering they are the pinnacle in animation that's saying something.
    I am probably not explaining it correctly. I know it's in-engine but how how much of the content shown was scripted. For instance the last scene. Will you throw last dude over the counter at exactly that spot and a dialogue begins. If you get what I am saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This intermission is a joke. Been almost 10 minutes now.

Come on Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    Game looks absolutely amazing. Graphics look insane and the combat seems as tense as ever.

I'm mostly an Xbox boy, but I'm so happy I got a PS4 so I can play The Last of Us and it's sequel. It's one of the best investments I ever made :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

This is slowing things down way too much. The room was cool but definitely not worth it now when you end up watching recaps

Advertisement