Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fallout 76 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Fallout76

It's an MMO. It has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No way. An MMO ?
    Just gimme more Fallout but like NV or 3...no synth BS

"The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand."

Could be an MMO alright. Could easily be a single player experience though. I'm interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Would imagine it's an mmo since Skyrim went that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus Christ, they dragged that on long enough! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In knew it, I totally called it that it would be Fallout 76...

The bastards have perked my interest. soccer pitch in the vault and trophies look interesting.

Well, as for my E3 predictions, that's 1/1 so far. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Battle Royal, in a vault?
    Would imagine it's an mmo since Skyrim went that way

Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online? Cause that was an entirely different company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

A trailer with no press release?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As long as it's not 'vr only' or 'switch only' bollox

Kiith wrote: »
    Battle Royal, in a vault?

Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online? Cause that was an entirely different company.

Would seem like an awful waste of money and effort to simply hand over a developing project and not do anything about it. This is what happened in regards to the Fallout MMO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_Online

Most relevant bit:
    Per an out of court settlement, Fallout Online was cancelled. However, Interplay through its Black Isle division continues to work on Project V13 but will remove any and all references to Fallout to honor the settlement.[12] Because of legal terming and no previous legal action before Bethesda filed the suit, Interplay was forced to give over all property pertaining to the Fallout MMO.[13] Interplay was still able to sell copies of Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, but its permission to do so ended on December 31, 2013.

The Elder Scrolls Online, while a failure initially, is now making a shít tonne of money.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As long as it's not 'vr only' or 'switch only' bollox

Bethesda have confirmed it is coming to PC, Xbox and Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yeah its a new stand alone game guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Any word on a release date?

Rory28 wrote: »
    Any word on a release date?

More info on June 10th at E3, looks like it is set in 2102 if you go by the teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I enjoyed Fallout 4 more than I should but I'm going to be cautious about this.
    (will probably be a day 1 purchase)

:pac:

Less than one hour after Bethesda's reveal and hype-machine, we have Anthem doing this:

https://twitter.com/anthemgame/status/1001843427342872576

Some sort of secret game happening between publishers that we don't know about? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone think theres a chance we could see Square Enix announce something like Final Fantasy VIII HD/Remake this E3? My favourite from the series and seems strange they wouldn't boot it up to HD after doing so with IX. Maybe something to hide?

Also, I believe theres an outside possibility they could come out with Final Fantasy X-3 after teasing a plot in the FFX remaster. Any of the above I'd be over the moon with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone think theres a chance we could see Square Enix announce something like Final Fantasy VIII HD/Remake this E3? My favourite from the series and seems strange they wouldn't boot it up to HD after doing so with IX. Maybe something to hide?

Also, I believe theres an outside possibility they could come out with Final Fantasy X-3 after teasing a plot in the FFX remaster. Any of the above I'd be over the moon with.

As much as I personally really enjoyed FF VIII (the ending was a bit mental) I don't see much chance of a reboot.

With all the apparent development hell happening with FF 7 and the honest lack of major call outs for a reboot of VIII, I would be shocked if they announce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed - Jason Schreier (Editor of Kotaku)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It would be ****ing great if E3 announced no remakes or remasters, life's too short to be playing the same games again. Surely everyone would prefer new stuff?

There's a few games i'd happily play again if we got good remasters. Older games that are no longer available or are on consoles i no longer have. Hell, even graphical updates for games within the last few years.

Definitely a market for them.

There's a market alright, no doubt. I just find it sad to see people losing there minds at e3 over a remake of Crash or something like that. Why not just make a new crash instead?

There's a million FF remakes between phones and DS and Steam etc, do you really want yet another remake of FF3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Kiith wrote: »
    There's a few games i'd happily play again if we got good remasters. Older games that are no longer available or are on consoles i no longer have. Hell, even graphical updates for games within the last few years.

Definitely a market for them.

Would love a remastered Command & Conquer Generals or Red Alert. Even a new C & C thats not set in the future with lame walking tanks.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed - Jason Schreier (Editor of Kotaku)

It's a full game, it's centered around building base camps etc and it's online

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8n7i4o/bethesda_is_announcing_fallout_vault_76/

There's a million FF remakes between phones and DS and Steam etc, do you really want yet another remake of FF3?

No, probably not, and i hate most remakes that are released these days. There is barely any work put into them and they are just cash grabs. But occasionally you get a Homeworld Remastered or Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) and you see what they can actually be like.

Rumours of a Borderlands 1: GOTY edition being re-released/remastered for PC, Xbox and PS4 to be announced at E3. Possibly coinciding with a Borderlands 3 reveal or just a taster to remind us all about Borderlands before 3 is announced later this year.

• Advertisement

What was the Handsome Collection for? Can't be true, absolutely pointless.

Advertisement