Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It should, but not all slices were across the face. Those armours were designed to take a slash and parry it off, so I don't mind that, but any hit to the face should result in a 1 hit kill.

Just give me a new Tenchu already!

Random fact - apparently a lot of samurai armor was made from paper. And were a LOT stronger against weaponry as a result (arrows especially)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Billy86 wrote: »
    Random fact - apparently a lot of samurai armor was made from paper. And were a LOT stronger against weaponry as a result (arrows especially)

But the samurais all ended up dying from infections caused by paper cuts from their armour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So smash is updated wiiu title. I'm OK with that.

Hardly played it so will be good to actually give it a good go.

TLOU 2 looks incredible. Cannot wait

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Daisy in smash. Nintendo wins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Daisy in smash. Nintendo wins.

Still recycling WiiU games, mehhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jaysus, how many people jizzed their pants after Nintendo e3?!

Fortnite on switch from today?!?! My switch wasnt on since January!! Need to charge up the fecker!
    Did nintendo already did subscription for online?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jaysus, how many people jizzed their pants after Nintendo e3?!

Fortnite on switch from today?!?! My switch wasnt on since January!! Need to charge up the fecker!
    Did nintendo already did subscription for online?

Online comes in September.

Well I wasn't disappointed by the Direct since I hadn't high hopes anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jesus Nintendo's conference was bad.

What if like me, you don't give a **** about Smash Brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nintendo’s entire E3 was basically a 30 minute video on Smash Brothers patch notes.

But hey, Captain Olimar’s helmet can crack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Smash brothers... now THERE is a game I never understood.

I lost interest in best em ups after Street Fighter was done coming up with ridiculous extra names to tag on to titles in the 90s, but still the game play in smash brothers just always left me feeling cold and detached from it (partly because it was a nightmare seeing where your character even was at times, and the weird jump-back-on-the-platform system that only seemed to work when it wanted, and sometimes not depending on... reasons?).

Its a very clever marketing concept, but I dont know that I've ever so much raised an eyebrow when looking at the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have they bothered announcing Mario Maker on the Switch, will someone wake me up when they do please?

Kthxbye

The only one game I feel I missed out on not having a Wii U and of course they haven't announced it being ported... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have they bothered announcing Mario Maker on the Switch, will someone wake me up when they do please?

Kthxbye

The only one game I feel I missed out on not having a Wii U and of course they haven't announced it being ported... :(

That will be the big Switch 2019 title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I was a bit disappointed they didn't show more of the new pokemon game.

Apart from the money grab of that pokeball accessory which comes with an in game mew, they didn't show anything new for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I was a bit disappointed they didn't show more of the new pokemon game.

Apart from the money grab of that pokeball accessory which comes with an in game mew, they didn't show anything new for it.

They're showing it now live.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Clearly the latest return of the GameCube controller is the biggest news from the entire conference.

I am only being slightly hyperbolic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nice to see the xenoblade DLC coming in September.

Daemon X Machina looks interesting!

Fire emblem looks good.

No interest in smash brothers though and not sure about pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Billy86 wrote: »
    the game play in smash brothers just always left me feeling cold and detached from it (partly because it was a nightmare seeing where your character even was at times, and the weird jump-back-on-the-platform system that only seemed to work when it wanted, and sometimes not depending on... reasons?).

Agreed, the series is very overratted, disappointed with Nintendo, hope we get a 3dworld sequel or a 2d mario game soon. It's a pity we got nothing on FF7 but the 2 games I most wanted to see were TLOU2 and Resi2 remake so at least they made me very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well, I think its time to congratulate this years E3 winner.

Xbox.

Well done Xbox. Took a beating and kept pushing forward :cool:

With that I am signing off for this years E3. I look forward to the banter and news next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Clearly the latest return of the GameCube controller is the biggest news from the entire conference.

I am only being slightly hyperbolic.

Wrong.

DfgZhqAW4Accoyc.jpg

• Advertisement

With that I am signing off for this years E3. I look forward to the banter and news next year.

And now we have the saddest comment of E3.

If anyone won E3 it's Devolver Digital, they wiped the floor with Xbox and everyone else. Sony, Nintendo and Ubisoft were runner ups with MS coming quite low, sure they showed some third party titles but MS didn't show any first party game bar Crackdown 3 that we will see within the next 18 months and there's a real sense that Halo 6 will be a launch title for the next gen. The Xbox conference was pretty much, here's a bunch of titles we had nothing to do with developing or publishing but we paid a tonne of money to showcase.

And now we have the saddest comment of E3.

If anyone won E3 it's Devolver Digital, they wiped the floor with Xbox and everyone else. Sony, Nintendo and Ubisoft were runner ups with MS coming quite low, sure they showed some third party titles but MS didn't show any first party game bar Crackdown 3 that we will see within the next 18 months and there's a real sense that Halo 6 will be a launch title for the next gen. The Xbox conference was pretty much, here's a bunch of titles we had nothing to do with developing or publishing but we paid a tonne of money to showcase.

His post is pretty funny tbf

Harmless craic

His post is pretty funny tbf

My post wasn't an attack or an insult but in keeping with the whole tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

My prediction tally:
    Falthyron wrote: »
    Most likely:
    • Splinter Cell. Wrong
    • Prey - Expansion (which will probably be a "And its available.....now!" moment). CORRECT!
    • Battlefield V - Battle Royale mode reveal. CORRECT!
    • The Division 2 - Battle Royale mode reveal. Wrong
    • LEGO Star Wars The Last Jedi. Wrong
    • EA Star Wars Open World RPG CGI teaser. CORRECT! Respawn Entertainment's new game
    • Cyberpunk 2077. CORRECT!
    • Fallout 4: Expansion/Spin-off, either MMO or something akin to New Vegas. CORRECT!
    • HITMAN2 CGI teaser. CORRECT!
    • Red Orchestra 3. Wrong
    • Surprise new IP/sequel from Ubisoft at the end of their conference, possibly The Settlers. Wrong
    • Borderlands 3. Wrong
    • Dying Light 2. CORRECT!

Unexpected/less likely:
    • Half-life 3. Wrong
    • DOOM 5(?). CORRECT!
    • Company of Heroes 3. Wrong
    • Rocksteady Studios game, possibly Superman. Wrong
    • Dragon Age: 4. CORRECT! Is in production
    • Enter the Gungeon 2. Wrong
    • Curse of Monkey Island Remastered. Wrong
    • PAYDAY3. Wrong
    • Red Faction Reboot. Wrong
    • The Talos Principle 2. Wrong
    • Something from Firaxis, XCOM2 expansion, possibly. Wrong

Not bad, but there's room for improvement next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I found E3 very underwhelming this year. This is the first year I didn’t stay up watching conferences, and for that I am glad. I think this is down to a recent trend of using social media to announce new titles, and leaks that are ever difficult to avoid in this connected world. E3 has changed and potentially won’t be the go-to for surprise releases and mass hype.

Microsoft seem to have had the best show, but I don’t feel the hype or excitement behind their showing. Good to see something more positive from them, all the same.

I’d been holding out for a solid Nintendo show but it wasn’t to be. Smash Bros never did it for me. I’ll look forward to the new Fire Emblem.

Glad to see Bethesda announce TES6 and their new IP Starfield. According to the Splitscreen podcast, TES is in pre-production (probably won’t be released for 3 years), and Starfield is in production (so most likely 2 years away).

I’ve stayed away from footage of any of the games that are close to release. I’ve seen enough footage of Spider-Man and The Last of Us at this stage; I don’t want them ruined for me.

Very poor E3 from the biggies.

Microsoft did a great job of announcing games I will be playing on anything but an xbox.

Sony had a piss poor set up but at least Death Stranding and Ghosts looked interesting while TLOU2 looked incredible. However all of those are over a year away with Spiderman looking bland.

Nintendo disappointed as well. Good stuff announced. Fire Emblem looks excellent although the anime look means we probably won't be getting a game to rival the incredible genealogy of war. Smash was a best of and a port of the WiiU game which I'm perfectly fine with. Nothing groundbreaking though. People shouldn't dismiss the new Mario Tennis. The guys at HG101 are raving about it saying it's got fighting game levels of mechanics and is insanely fun and technical.

I think E3 is just losing it's relevance. Nintendo announce most games through its own directs so expect more titles announced. And Sony have their own events where they announce their big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The PC conference was a pleasant surprise.
    I tuned in previous years and it was a lot of talking. This year was quite enjoyable when I tuned in

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I'm not too disappointed in E3, Daemon X MAchina and Metal Wolf Chaos have me pretty happy
    Kiith wrote: »
    I do wish the samurai games were pretty much always 1 hit kill type games. A sword slice across the face should always kill you.

How has Bushido Blade never come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Bit disappointed Square Enix revealed nothing on the Avengers Project game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm worried because Kojima's best stuff has been when he hasn't had total control and had people to say no to his silly ideas (MGS1, 3, Peacewalker, Boktai, ZOE2).

His bad stuff has mostly been when he has had almost complete creative control like MGS2 and 4 (for the MGS2 apologists, it had fantastic forward thinking ideas but the execution was garbage).

Saw this comment yesterday and was going to disagree but couldn't remember which game it was, the one with Raiden or the previous one. So I wiki'd it and saw it was the Raiden one. Read the plot & despite completing it several times couldn't remember it.

Youtubed some of the boss battles, Christ they looked painful. Remembered them vaguely, some Russian chick and a fat guy on roller-skates. It's funny how you remember things fondly when they don't really deserve it.
    I do remember fighting a boss helicopter which was awesome.......or at least I think it was awesome

Advertisement