Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

What was the Handsome Collection for? Can't be true, absolutely pointless.

Game Publishers like to make money? All of it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-31-looks-like-borderlands-is-getting-a-pc-ps4-xbox-one-re-release

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't want to see a ff8 remake on the same vein as the ff7 remake. Ff8 is absolutely awful in every way other than triple triad and the gloriously broken battle system. Those two things make that game so much fun but remove them and you are left with a turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't see how Borderlands remaster would be a thing.

Switch maybe, I could see that getting the handsome jack collection.

Just seen Penn post, forgot entirely that B1 wasn't in handsome jack

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What was the Handsome Collection for? Can't be true, absolutely pointless.

The Handsome Collection was just the two games which featured Handsome Jack; Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel. They both used the same UI and everything (in many ways, TPS just felt like a large DLC for BL2).

Borderlands 1 wasn't included on it and the gameplay and UI is different (iirc it really matters what character you pick even when it comes to standard gameplay, as some are better with certain guns than others, whereas with BL2 and TPS it didn't make much difference which character you picked outside of the skill tree abilities).

That said, wholly unnecessary game to release. They really needn't have bothered with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Forgot it wasn't on it actually. Still though... I can't see many people going for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Assassin's Creed game seems to have been leaked via keyring. Next game rumored to be called Assassin's Creed Odyssey and based in Greece

https://kotaku.com/new-leak-reveals-assassins-creed-odyssey-set-in-ancien-1826454752

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

New Assassin's Creed game seems to have been leaked via keyring. Next game rumored to be called Assassin's Creed Odyssey and based in Greece

https://kotaku.com/new-leak-reveals-assassins-creed-odyssey-set-in-ancien-1826454752

So pretty much a copy and paste of the last game, zzzZZZZzZZZZZZ

I bet you play a Spartan, the last spartan or some ****..

Just do a game in asia with ninja's and then bury this horse**** franchise already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure I'll make the bad joke. Do you throw the helmet at creatures/objects to possess them?

I thought the plan at one point was to alternate AC and Watch Dogs releases.

nix wrote: »
    So pretty much a copy and paste of the last game, zzzZZZZzZZZZZZ

I bet you play a Spartan, the last spartan or some ****..

Just do a game in asia with ninja's and then bury this horse**** franchise already :pac:

AC Origins was one of the best games of last year, calling it horse**** is pretty ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought the plan at one point was to alternate AC and Watch Dogs releases.

So did I. AC Odyssey this autumn and perhaps Watch Dogs 3 next spring/early summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So did I. AC Odyssey this autumn and perhaps Watch Dogs 3 next spring/early summer.

Remember when activating was just going to be a trilogy. It was boring after the second no idea how they have so many from it

AC Origins was one of the best games of last year, calling it horse**** is pretty ignorant.

No its not, its an opinion based on my experience. All the missions were the same, copy and paste formula. The combat was yet again simple and a snorefest. And the main story was absolute shite, yet again another man turns assassin with the loss of a family member..

One of last years bests? No where near the level/creativeness of: Zelda, Horizon or Nioh.. and those are just off the top of my head that ive played on console.. There's alot of other that i havent played that are in my backlog that receved much better glowing reviews that i have no doubt are leagues greater than the AC slop ;):pac:

Yeah, sounds like you absolutely played it for sure. No doubt about it.

Yeah, sounds like you absolutely played it for sure. No doubt about it.

Why does Cleopatra have a posh English accent when the rest dont? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm sure there's a dedicated AC Origins thread you could continue this riveting debate in.

I'm sure there's a dedicated AC Origins thread you could continue this riveting debate in.

I concur, though hardly a debate as one of us is in a constant state of denial :pac:

The majority of the world who've actually played think it's great. So you're in the Nile.

The majority of the world who've actually played think it's great. So you're in the Nile.

Well when you take into account positive opinions and dismiss negative opinions completely, I'm sure that happens with you a lot :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off to play a game... or am I??? :rolleyes::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

nix wrote: »
    Well when you take into account positive opinions and dismiss negative opinions completely, I'm sure that happens with you a lot :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off to play a game... or am I??? :rolleyes::pac:

Apparently you're not allowed to have opinions that differ from the status quo around here. So please stop your dangerous thinking.

Of course you are, but he wants the entire franchise to be cancelled because he doesn't like one game. That's real mature thinking.

• Advertisement

Of course you are, but he wants the entire franchise to be cancelled because he doesn't like one game. That's real mature thinking.

Actually its alot of their games, i didnt even speak ill of origins in my initial post, i just said the new game on the way will be mostly a copy and paste of the previous game, which they all are, black flags the only one that tried something different and were successful in my opinion. Then they went back to the same old formula.

Oh and they are all rushed bug ridden messes ;)

Or they are all the best games ever... I dont know, i just pretend to play games apparently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I just want a new Splinter Cell with Michael Ironside. Huge Splinter Cell fan!

There's a new Splinter Cell coming for sure, it was leaked on the same poster as the the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's the most OP kick i've seen since Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wonder will we see it this year or will they give it an extra year of dev time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I wonder will we see it this year or will they give it an extra year of dev time.
    Anytime between January and March 2019 would be perfect as I don't think Origins performed well releasing in November which is usually the big month for releases

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kiith wrote: »
    That's the most OP kick i've seen since Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

ah kicking an orc into a wall of spikes, satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Skerries wrote: »
    ah kicking an orc into a wall of spikes, satisfying!

Using an ice spell, suffering a memory leak, and the game freezing less so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Varik wrote: »
    Using an ice spell, suffering a memory leak, and the game freezing less so.

You went wrong when you didn't pick the rogue. The game froze in disgust at your mage.

Advertisement