Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They don't have to be though, they can be normal cut scenes then just drop you into VR when needed. It would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Good point,in that case I would prefer first person,it would be genuinely more scary and immersive.

I thought resident evil 7 was a great step forward in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »
    June 10th is likely Dreams I imagine, even if calling it eagerly anticipated is stretching it

Is Dreams VR only? As the way it's worded it sounds like a game is being converted to VR or it's a VR exclusive game.

If that leak is true this is gonna be a massive E3 for Sony.
    Something to please everyone.
    Bloodborne 2, Christ on the cross...

daheadonu wrote: »
    Good point,in that case I would prefer first person,it would be genuinely more scary and immersive.

I thought resident evil 7 was a great step forward in that regard.

I think some of the cut scenes were 2D in the VR version of Resi 7 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

If they are announcing 5 new games before their conference, Sony must have a lot to show then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Andy

Benzino wrote: »
    If they are announcing 5 new games before their conference, Sony must have a lot to show then!

Not necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Make an announcement now, then release additional information before the show and at the show have gameplay to which everyone is already slightly familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Would love to see some gameplay for Ghost of Tsushima.
    Some artwork was released recently and if they can re-create this atmosphere and look, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

GhostofTsushima-Cove-2946-O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Didnt they say they were going to focus on 4 main games at their conference, so maybe getting announcements out of the way now.

Plus, about half of each Sony/MS conferences were 3rd party games like AC and CoD, maybe they are just leaving those to their respective publishers to show and focus on their own stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Plus, about half of each Sony/MS conferences were 3rd party games like AC and CoD, maybe they are just leaving those to their respective publishers to show and focus on their own stuff!

That'll be the Microsoft conference over in about five minutes then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Here's the line-up for the PC Gamer Show.
    • 505 Games
    • Chance Agency
    • Cloud Imperium Games
    • Coffee Stain Studios
    • Crytek
    • Digital Extremes
    • Double Fine
    • Drake’s Cakes
    • Frontier
    • Hi-Rez Studios
    • Klei Entertainment
    • Modern Storyteller
    • Oculus Rift
    • Raw Fury
    • Sega
    • SkyDance Media
    • Starbreeze
    • Square Enix Ltd.
    • Stardock Entertainment
    • Team 17
    • tinyBuild
    • Tripwire Interactive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is there a main stage event or are these all those who're on the floor.

What are Crytek going to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The PC Gaming Show is a stage event in the form of a talk-show (at least in previous years), with the above being guests. I assume Crytek will be showing more of Hunt: Showdown.

That'll be the Microsoft conference over in about five minutes then.

They actually have 2 hours to fill this time. So I'm calling a reveal of Oculus Rift on Xbox One X.

They must have something crazy planned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They actually have 2 hours to fill this time. So I'm calling a reveal of Oculus Rift on Xbox One X.

Apparently it's around 100 minutes.

Almost certainly got a new Elite Controller in there, which is something I can't wait for.

As for the rest, I'd say it'll be long on Gamespass and BC.

They'll also give some time to the Crackdown 3 delay........ Also Halo: Infinity.

Despite all the talk of change under Phil Spencer, there really hasn't been any change in direction until this year, which means that there won't be much new
    IP there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well after their big reveal of the new Porsche 911 at last year's conference I can't imagine what they'll do this year.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Not surprising to be honest if true, it looked awful in last years conference, with Terry Crews used as a distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Better to delay it, then release something that isn't up to snuff. It is disappointing as Microsoft is sorely lacking in decent exclusives, but they made the right choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apparently they sent it back for a Battle Royale mode.

Crackdown looks like **** to be honest, they should probably can it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Wasn't hard to notice the lack of destructible environments in last year's E3 show. Furthermore, all the talk of 'cloud-based processing' for said destruction was absent.

The Battle Royale mode sounds like a reasonable (and likely) call back to the drawing board. Two F2P Battle Royale games launched on Steam yesterday: Realm Royale and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds, and E3 hasn't even started yet! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I really loved the first Crackdown game, and only played a bit of the second. To be honest though, Saints Row 4 just took the best bits of the superpowers and gameplay from Crackdown and ramped it up a lot to the point where now Crackdown 3 just looks like a sub-standard SR4 with multiplayer and environmental destruction.

They shouldn't can it as I think it'd still be an enjoyable game for most, but if they're delaying it until 2019 I think they're going to need to come out with something quite special to really get people interested in it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CatInABox wrote: »
    Apparently they sent it back for a Battle Royale mode.

isthatajoke.gif

I don't even know anymore.

Microsoft have had so many issues with exclusives. From stuff like Fable Legends, Scalebound, State of Decay 2, Master Chief Collection & now this. It's hard to have confidence in them now to turn it around as they have a great system but internally something is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I honestly don't know what MS are playing at lately. Astounding lack of exclusives and the rare few they have are often plagued with issues. Master Chief Collection actually killed my interest in Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Did someone say "Battle Royale"?

Pretty much a niche already filled by Escape From Tarkov, this really is the E3 of BR games...the memes were true!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

With Fortnite's success, buying console exclusivity for PUBG seems like another misstep, in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Falthyron wrote: »
    Wasn't hard to notice the lack of destructible environments in last year's E3 show. Furthermore, all the talk of 'cloud-based processing' for said destruction was absent.:

They showed two different modes over the last two years. Can't remember which was which but one was story mode and the other was some other game mode, one had full destruction and the other didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They showed two different modes over the last two years. Can't remember which was which but one was story mode and the other was some other game mode, one had full destruction and the other didn't.

It was a slice of the campaign that had no destruction. Which is to be expected.

Full destruction is in the multiplayer. This is where I would think most of the issues are. Its cutting edge stuff to have that level of destruction so they may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Advertisement